Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:19:08 AM EDT
Anybody see it?

I rented it the other day. It's another Korean film. This one is set in 1375.

This is the period when the Yuan (pronounced as U.N. only say it as one word) and Ming are battling for control of China. The Korean Koryo Dynasty sends a peace delegation to the winning Ming. Shit happens and it goes downhill from there. (But if it didn't, it wouldn't make a good movie now would it?)

Some very good cinematography and much like the movie Tae Guk Goo the Koreans aren't shy about being a bit graphic. Also it's done in Korean with English subtitles, though you can choose English too. But that loses something.

I watched it, or rather had it on in the background, yesterday playing English and it looked pretty good. I'll play it in Korean today or tomorrow and if it's as good as I think it's going to be it'll be on my "must buy" list.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Was this the one where they are trekking across the desert trying to get home?  I rented a movie like this about 6 months ago.  I don't recall the title.

If it's the same movie, I enjoyed it.  Some good weapons sequences.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, that's it.

When they showed up at court they were accused of treachery and exiled to some desert. Along the way they find a Ming princess that was captured by the Yuan. They freed her and the story is then about trying to get her back to her court.

We've gotten about 8" of snow since 06:00 this morning, it's still coming down and I left my car at work. I have a feeling later this afternoon will be a darned good time to play it in it's original language.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top