Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 7:23:58 PM EDT
Admit it, there are movies you love that are just plain awful.

My first choice would be "Damnation Alley" with Jan Michael Vincent & George Peppard, but the real star, was their super ATV/RV's.

It was a really bad movie about a post-nuclear Air Force base/silo. and they decide to go cross-country after they hear a radio broadcast.

and "Things to Do in Denver When You Are Dead".
I like this one partly because I grew up in Denver and recognize some of the locations, but I also loved the bizarre characters & great dialogue.
"Give it a name!"
"Buckwheat"
"Boat Drinks"
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Big Bad Momma
Paradise
Dancing at the Blue Iguana
Is There Sex After Death?
Eugenie

All of them are rated "R".  The last two were originally rated "X"!

Of course there is the movie "Thriller; A Crual Picture".  Originally rated "R", the version I got my hands on is an "X".  They included some hard core sex clips later.  (*whew!* what a movie!)
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
spaceballs
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
American Beauty
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh-eating, Hellbound, Crawling, Zombified, Living Dead: Part II (In Shocking 2-D)

ACTUAL TITLE!

They took the sound away from NOTLD and added some funny voice overs.

"Night of the living Bread" is a hoot too!

"Outland"
"Dog Soldiers"
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
American Beauty

I don't know if I would call "American Beauty" a guilty pleasure. It did win an Oscar so it was a pretty good movie.
I loved the movie:
Kevin Spacey's Lester
The King of Real Estate
"I will sell this house!"

Great dialogue and funny, with a hint of mystery.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Rocky Horror Picture Show    (if only to spite "Damnit! Janet!" Susan Sarandon)
Death Race 2000
Convoy
Barbarella (if only to spite Hanoi Jane)

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I kind of liked 'Ishtar'

I also kind of liked 'Mean Girls'
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Wild Things
Red Dawn
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]

"Damnation Alley" with Jan Michael Vincent & George Peppard, but the real star, was their super ATV/RV's.

Yup, I like that movie too. Is it on DVD?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"Damnation Alley" with Jan Michael Vincent & George Peppard, but the real star, was their super ATV/RV's.

Yup, I like that movie too. Is it on DVD?

Nope, I just checked. You can get the video though.

Death Race 2000?
That is a great guilty pleasure, 70's nudity, the "hand" grenade, and Sylvester Stallone's best acting ever!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Death Race 2000?
That is a great guilty pleasure, 70's nudity, the "hand" grenade, and Sylvester Stallone's best acting ever!

Cannonball is pretty much a must see also.  Directed by Paul Bartel (Eating Raoul, Mr McGree the music teacher in RnRHS) also & starring a lot of the same people.  Not as goofy as DR2K because it's not set in a scifi near future but much better than the Burt Reynolds Cannonball Run series (not as good as Gumball Rally though).

Any movie with Mary Woronov makes my list.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#12]
If we are going to mention Paul Bartel, I have to include "Eating Raoul", a bizarre update of Arsenic & Old Lace.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If we are going to mention Paul Bartel, I have to include "Eating Raoul", a bizarre update of Arsenic & Old Lace.

Must have seen it a dozen times on cable.  It & "Rock N Roll Highschool" seemed to be in constant rotation when we first got cable back in the early '80s (hence the posting name).
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Buckeroo Banzi
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
THis movie Lost and Found -- David Spade flick. He cracks me up but I  think it bombed in the box office or one of those straight to dvd things. Anyone see it? hehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top