Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:26:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 6:26:32 AM EDT by pzjgr]
A Russian friend of mine gave this to me, after I mentioned I heard it was good...

Watched the first half to 2/3rds last night...WOW, super cool. Can't understand the dialogue since there are no subtitles, but you get the drift...

Talk about some cool AK and Russian stuff pron! There is a cool scene where the arrive in Afghanistan on a turb-prop....they get off, and some vets going home get one. As the plane takes off it gets nailed by a (probably) Stinger...turns around and tries to make a landing but crashes....really cool sequence.

Tons of Hind 24's, BTR's, BMP's, T-72's, and AK 74 pron like you wouldn't believe. The basic training parts are cool, and the chickie they party with before the ship out has an incredible body, and perfect bewbies!

I have fast forwarded to some of the combat scenes, and they look phenomenal!

If you dig Russian stuff, and like to see RoPers getting whacked, then check this movie out....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:47:59 PM EDT
Sound like a great movie. However I would really appreciate English subtitles. Maybe one day. <fingers_crossed>
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:39:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
Sound like a great movie. However I would really appreciate English subtitles. Maybe one day. <fingers_crossed>

I have been watching for grey markets ones on Ebay
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:47:13 AM EDT
Well, I finished watching it last night. Wow....the final battle scene is amazing.

From what I understand its based on a true story, this company, the 9th Company (Rota) of the 345 something or other was on a hill top position towards the end of the Russo-Afghan war. In fact the war was officially over when the battle took place.

The movie makes it out that they were kind of forgotten on their hilltop, and couldn't make radio contact, and it was a last stand sort of deal, in the movie only one guy survives.

I guess in real life, not too many died, the disc had an interview segment where they talked to 6 or 7 guys....also they were in radio contact, and were not forgotten.

Regardless, it is a GREAT movie, and I highly recommend it. My Russian buddy got it from friends in Little Odessa (Brighton Beach) in NYC...it came straight from Russia, so I don't know how easy it would be to find...

In a funny little aside, when you stick the disc in, one of the brief things that come up before going to the menu, is a funny little commercial for pork...nice touch for a movie depicting the fight against RoPers....
Top Top