Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 6:00:00 PM EDT
After loving Lost in Translation, I decided to try another "indie" Bill Murray movie. I'm not sure what I just watched. I laughed out loud a couple of times, I cringed a lot, and I was sort of creeped out, but I'm not sure that I got anything out of the last 120 minutes.

It won awards at Sundance, so that means I am probably too stupid to "get it."

Anyone else see it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Weird how a movie like this can be interesting and dull at the same time. Tilda Swinton -- usually appearing as pale, androgenous characters -- as a foul-mouthed, dark-haired biker chick was quite a surprise.

Lost in Translation was OK but I'm not one of those transfixed by its alleged revelatory greatness.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Weird how a movie like this can be interesting and dull at the same time.

Agreed. I was into it straight through to the end. I'm just not sure what the message was, if any.

Quoted:
Lost in Translation was OK but I'm not one of those transfixed by its alleged revelatory greatness.

It had that kind of sick desperation mood to it that I am a sucker for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top