Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:13 PM EDT
I saw this movie on a Saturday afternoon once several years back.  You know, the stuff they put on TV when they know nobody is watching.  I'm looking for the title if anybody can help.

Synopsis: We have a young man and woman living underground in some sort of large, civilized community.  Everybody on screen is probably under 30.  For some reason the young man and woman are going to be put to death because they're going to reach a certain age.  The idea being that man cannot live beyond a certain point, and I expect to protect limited resources.

The man & woman escape to the above ground.  It's a big jungle out there.  The cruise around  for a bit and find themselves entering a former population center.  It's an overgrown jungle of Washington DC.  Even see Abe Lincoln sitting on in his throne...they don't know what to think about that.  They meet this rather old codger, which they just plain didn't expect.  White beard and all.  They come to the realization that man can live beyond whatever the age the cave dwellers have decided and head back downstairs and cause some sort of upheaval by displaying the old man.  

The production values are right up there with movie like Krull.

So, ring any bells?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Logan's Run.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Heh.  Go figure.  I recognize the title as a timeless classic that people talk about but had no idea it was this movie.  I even used the concept of mandatory death at a certain age in a short story I wrote back in highschool and had no idea I was ripping off the classic.

Thanks guys.    I even found it (and the series) on torrentspy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Only the sexiest movie EVER.

Found a torrent of it up last night and watched it into the wee hours.  You sir are a master of understatement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top