Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:23:45 AM EDT
bored, down to 1 DVD that I haven't watched, so went to Best Buy and walked out with some movies and also Season 1- 3 of X Files in the new release 6 disc format, today's last day of the sale at BB, buy 3 seasons and get $10 each season, so instead of $35 for each season came to $25 for each seaon or $75 which is still way lower than the price of just one season of X files in the old 7 disk format

I remember watching X Files when it first came out but lost my way and gave up watching it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:26:11 AM EDT
X-Files promo item
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:10:16 PM EDT
I have DVD-rips of every season on my hard drive

I love that show.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:11:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
X-Files promo item
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/100_0631.jpg

Mulder would cry to see that pic - its supposed to have a SIG in the pic, not an XD
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:26 PM EDT
I have never seen even one episode of the show.

But I rented the movie when it came out on DVD and loved it! Just don't know if I want to spend the $$ for the season sets. How many seasons were there?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:26:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

But I rented the movie when it came out on DVD and loved it! Just don't know if I want to spend the $$ for the season sets. How many seasons were there?

9 Seasons

Well worth watching though. The movie takes on a whole new meaning when you have seen all the episodes in sequence.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:36:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

9 Seasons

Well worth watching though. The movie takes on a whole new meaning when you have seen all the episodes in sequence.

Well worth watching through Season 7. After that, it's teh suck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:58:57 PM EDT
9 seasons...that's about what I thought.

I just can't see buying 9 sets at ~$30 a set. That's $270 or more. But as much as I liked the movie I'm sure I'd love the show. And I'm sure knowing the "history" of the series would make the movie even better.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:57 PM EDT

9 seasons...that's about what I thought.

I just can't see buying 9 sets at ~$30 a set. That's $270 or more. But as much as I liked the movie I'm sure I'd love the show. And I'm sure knowing the "history" of the series would make the movie even better.

Thanks guys.

$30 is cheap for a season set of anything. I paid $40-$50 for season sets of "24" for example. The rip off sets are Star Trek, ST Next Generation, anything ST really at over $100 a season. Babylon 5 is about $90 for a season set. Best Buy had Firefly for low $40's.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:18:31 AM EDT
Yeah, but I'm a cheap assed bastard. Almost as much as Taxman.

And Firefly is another series I missed, but I saw Serenity so I know I would love the Firefly series too.

I have to live on a tight budget, and if I take ~$30-$50 out a month, well, that's a good chunk of my disposable income.

Although I'm still trying to figure out a way to buy the 3 original Star Trek seasons, the gouging that they are. If the price on the rest of the franchise was lowered to normal prices I would most likely buy them too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:28:26 AM EDT

X-Files promo item

Mulder would cry to see that pic - its supposed to have a SIG in the pic, not an XD

updated
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:33 AM EDT

X-Files promo item

updated
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/103_0393.jpg

Outstanding
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:14:07 AM EDT
It was a great show for a while but sort of lost it around seasons 4/5.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:55:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:36:05 AM EDT
i bought seasons 1-3 this weekend at best buy also.... i followed the show from the beginning
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:08:36 AM EDT
I love that show ... until it got wierd in the end .... But I like the first few seasons .... the one that creeped me out was Tooms.

Sometimes the wifey and I laugh at how Moulder could be a wishy washy wus at times! I think that Scully had fired her gun more often than Mulder did in the entire show.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:27 AM EDT

X-Files promo item

updated
img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/103_0393.jpg

That's pretty cool twonami!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:11:59 PM EDT

X-Files promo item

Which one, the alien in a jar...or the gun?

If its the gun, how do I get one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:26:14 PM EDT
I liked the episode with the bank robbery that kept happening over and over with Mulder waking up to a leaking waterbed everyday.

There was also the episode when the show Millennium and Frank Black joined the X-Files.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:26:54 PM EDT
I really liked the COPS episode with Mulder and Scully. Good mix of the two shows.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:29:29 PM EDT

I really liked the COPS episode with Mulder and Scully. Good mix of the two shows.

+1 I thought that was one of their better episodes
Top Top