Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/25/2006 3:12:43 AM EDT
Anyone planning on seeing this one? I've played the game and its super disturbing and a great horror game. I saw the trailer when I watched UW:Evolution. It looks to be very faithful to the game which could make it a great horror movie.

Trailer

Let me know if you guys plan on seeing it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:05:40 PM EDT
I'll definitely see it when it comes to DVD (I don't go to theatres any more). The SH games are definitely creepy and disturbing. They make crap like Doom 3 look like Everybody Loves Raymond.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:26:32 PM EDT
i'll check it out, probably....loved the game
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:20:07 PM EDT
The Silent Hill games are right up there with Resident Evil. I will definitely be going to see this one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:13:54 AM EDT
It might be the first game-based movie that won't suck. But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:51:57 PM EDT
never played the game but heck about any zombie movie is worth seeing
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:45:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 5:58:47 AM EDT by gardenWeasel]
I thought the game sucked.
I stopped playing it after I fought a giant butterfly!

I guess caterpillars and butterflies don't scare me.

ETA I just watched the trailer. It looks worse than Resident Evil 2.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:06 PM EDT
I loved the game, it was creepyier than the resident evils. I will wait and see that the ARFCOM Siskel and Eberts have to say before I go see it. You guys are usually pretty damn on the $ as far as movies go.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:33 PM EDT
I definately will be seeing it but probably not until Sat of release.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:55:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gardenWeasel:

I've only played SH3 and 4 so I know nothing of this giant butterfly of which you speak. Something from 1 or 2, perhaps? SH3 freaked me out several times, playing late at night in the dark with headphones; 4 not quite as much. They're not as zombie-centric as Resident Evil ... they're much more disturbing in a twisted psychological terror kind of way, like, "Are you insane or are you just being dreamed by an insane person?"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:08:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Zuma:

I've only played SH3 and 4 so I know nothing of this giant butterfly of which you speak. Something from 1 or 2, perhaps? SH3 freaked me out several times, playing late at night in the dark with headphones; 4 not quite as much. They're not as zombie-centric as Resident Evil ... they're much more disturbing in a twisted psychological terror kind of way, like, "Are you insane or are you just being dreamed by an insane person?"

You're missing out. SH1 and 2 are much scarier and distrubing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:51:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By spork:

Originally Posted By Zuma:

You're missing out. SH1 and 2 are much scarier and distrubing.

Yeah I've only played 1 and 2, and they are definately messed up. They would definately have a good sequel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:37:03 AM EDT
I actually thought Silent Hill 1 was very funny. I had a blast beating those creatures with an iron pipe.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:44:37 AM EDT
great games. Very messed up. I will probably see it although most game inspired movies suck balls
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:33 AM EDT
Never played the game... and I'll wait for the DVD for the movie...
Top Top