Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 3:12:43 AM EDT
Anyone planning on seeing this one?  I've played the game and its super disturbing and a great horror game.  I saw the trailer when I watched UW:Evolution.  It looks to be very faithful to the game which could make it a great horror movie.

Trailer

Let me know if you guys plan on seeing it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll definitely see it when it comes to DVD (I don't go to theatres any more). The SH games are definitely creepy and disturbing. They make crap like Doom 3 look like Everybody Loves Raymond.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
i'll check it out, probably....loved the game
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The Silent Hill games are right up there with Resident Evil. I will definitely be going to see this one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
It might be the first game-based movie that won't suck.  But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
never played the game but heck  about any zombie movie is worth seeing
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought the game sucked.  
I stopped playing it after I fought a giant butterfly!

I guess caterpillars and butterflies don't scare me.

ETA I just watched the trailer.  It looks worse than Resident Evil 2.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved the game, it was creepyier than the resident evils.   I will wait and see that the ARFCOM Siskel and Eberts have to say before I go see it.  You guys are usually pretty damn on the $ as far as movies go.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I definately will be seeing it but probably not until Sat of release.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I've only played SH3 and 4 so I know nothing of this giant butterfly of which you speak. Something from 1 or 2, perhaps? SH3 freaked me out several times, playing late at night in the dark with headphones; 4 not quite as much. They're not as zombie-centric as Resident Evil ... they're much more disturbing in a twisted psychological terror kind of way, like, "Are you insane or are you just being dreamed by an insane person?"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've only played SH3 and 4 so I know nothing of this giant butterfly of which you speak. Something from 1 or 2, perhaps? SH3 freaked me out several times, playing late at night in the dark with headphones; 4 not quite as much. They're not as zombie-centric as Resident Evil ... they're much more disturbing in a twisted psychological terror kind of way, like, "Are you insane or are you just being dreamed by an insane person?"

You're missing out.  SH1 and 2 are much scarier and distrubing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're missing out.  SH1 and 2 are much scarier and distrubing.

Yeah I've only played 1 and 2, and they are definately messed up.  They would definately have a good sequel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I actually thought Silent Hill 1 was very funny.  I had a blast beating those creatures with an iron pipe.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#13]
great games. Very messed up. I will probably see it although most game inspired movies suck balls
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Never played the game... and I'll wait for the DVD for the movie...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top