Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:57:06 PM EDT
Greetings
I am just getting into the HiDef world after being gone for a long time... Any input and opinions will be very much appreciated

I have been digging around for the last couple of days and now that I think I have started to narrow it down a little so I thought I would ask for some input.

Oringally I was going to replace my Toshiba 52" RP CRT (4:3) with a larger 16:9 Hi Def RP CRT, but I am finding that those are really hard to find in the 55"-60" range. I currently have a wrap around entertainment center that I can adjust larger but that totally TV opening can't be bigger then 55" wide (which limits me unless I ditch it) The wife and daughter have it loaded with movies and "nicknacks" so if possible I would like to keep it. The TV will be the houses main TV (no room for a theater room... although dam I wish I did have...

Max I can spend right now is ~$3500, and from the reading I have done I would like to get a 1080p set. I watch some movies, a lot of TV, and a lot of gaming (xbox360)

I work for HP so I can pick up the HP md5880n set for $3199 delivered to my house (20% off). The stand is another 499 retail, I think I will get a discount on that.. but not positive. Extended warranty not included (not sure how much it is) this set will require me to ditch the entertainment center since it is 60" wide

http://www.hp.ca/products/static/tv/md5880n/index.php

I looked around at alot of different stores the last couple of days. The other main one I was looking at tonight is the toshiba 56mx195. I had the place worked down to $3200 with stand delivered with a 5yr warranty.

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions/pr...p?model=56mx195

Am I missing any obvious choices for what I am looking for that is in my price range? Is it really worth the extra cost for 1080p vrs 720...

Again any input or opinions are greatly appreciated

thanks
Top Top