Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:47:37 PM EDT
I just bought Firefly and am wondering why I was studying at Intel School and not watching this.  It is so far a great show and the movie Serenity was good and a breath of fresh air in the
SCI-Fi world.  It is a blend of a western and sci-fi and the plot so far is pretty good.  Also funny too and that is good for a action/scifi/part western movie.  Anyone else have a opinion or a commit would be good.  I do like the weapons.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.  A new Brown Coat has been recruited!

Great characters, great plot, and memorable dialogue.

"If your hand touches metal I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you."

and:

Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I am somewhat fortunate that there is only half a season; if there were any more episodes I would be watching Firefly constantly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just bought Firefly and am wondering why I was studying at Intel School and not watching this.  It is so far a great show and the movie Serenity was good and a breath of fresh air in the
SCI-Fi world.  It is a blend of a western and sci-fi and the plot so far is pretty good.  Also funny too and that is good for a action/scifi/part western movie.  Anyone else have a opinion or a commit would be good.  I do like the weapons.

The box set is supposed to have 3 unaired episodes.  I want to buy it bad, but spent my piggybank yesterday on a Sig 228.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The box set is supposed to have 3 unaired episodes.  I want to buy it bad, but spent my piggybank yesterday on a Sig 228.

Dude, forgo like three boxes of ammo and get the DVD set.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the first disc from Netflix.  Liked it so much decided to buy it, the other day found it onsale at buy.com for $21.99 shipped!  Still awaiting delivery.

I have not seen Serenity yet.  Waiting until I see the entire series first.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Bought the series and movie for myself for Christmas.  Have my wife watching them now.  great show, great "witt" to the characters.  The interaction between them is better than the plot at times.

The show has a certain appeal to being free that i think most viewers like.

BTW, has anyone figured out what kind of pistol Mal carries?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Good to meet another browncoat... Great series.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good move.

You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
This is exciting news

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

BTW, has anyone figured out what kind of pistol Mal carries?

It looks to be a Remington Model 1858 with a bunch of stuff stuck on it. Or maybe it is just the barrel and grip of one since the trigger was different. I think I saw him loading a rotary magazine in the beginning of Serenity which he stuck in the underside of it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good move.

You won't regret it.

Finished the series this evening.  What a great show.  Now, need to get the movie.  Oh, I had it on my Netflix list but it shows up 'long wait' so I guess I will have to buy it instead  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#12]
All the guns in the series seem to be frankensteined versions of the real things.

I did notice at least two G3's in Serenity. Mal has a sniper version with cautionary yellow and black color, and Jayne was carrying one on Miranda.

Anyone know what Jayne had when they rob the bank at the beginning?

Also, what is Zoe's sawed off lever action?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just bought Firefly

Shiney
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
All the guns in the series seem to be frankensteined versions of the real things.

I did notice at least two G3's in Serenity. Mal has a sniper version with cautionary yellow and black color, and Jayne was carrying one on Miranda.

Anyone know what Jayne had when they rob the bank at the beginning?

Also, what is Zoe's sawed off lever action?

I think Mal's rifle was a jazzed up AR-180 and Jayne carried a couple of different modified MP5s.

Did anyone catch the unmodified M1A1 Carbines?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#15]
i loved the series.  i got my whole immediate family hooked and i'm working on the extended family.  if you like it, please go out and buy the dvd set and the movie.  we gotta show the movie execs we want shows w/ some brain behind it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

if you like it, please go out and buy the dvd set and the movie.  

The day Serenity was released I went to Circuit City.  They didn't have it.  Then I went to Best Buy, saw it on the shelf, and snagged it.

When I got home I realized it was full screen.  Enjoyable, but I may have to go get a widescreen copy.  Just doing my part to cast a vote for a sequel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just doing my part to cast a vote for a sequel.

Not going to happen. It needed to make $80 million at the box office. It failed to do $30 million.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just doing my part to cast a vote for a sequel.

Not going to happen. It needed to make $80 million at the box office. It failed to do $30 million.

Why would it have to make $80 million at the box office? It broke even, and now the dvd sales will make it profitable enough and well known enough for a sequel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I like the way you think....  glass if half full.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump...

I'm about halfway through the series - I caught part of one ep when it first aired and for some reason it didn't "click" with me. I regret it now... What a GREAT series!

I wish they'd been able to make it a good five seasons. Travesty that a show this good was killed off. Some fantastic (read: typical Joss Whedon) plot elements, dialogue and situations. Just like Buffy at its high points, also some laugh-out-loud moments as well.

I am going to pick up Serenity for when I'm done watching the series.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#21]
A sequel ... without Book and Wash? I'm not sure I'd even want to see it. (OK, I would.)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#22]
bought Serenity when it came out because of the reviews, I like a good Sci Fi action flick.  I decided to rent the series to become aquainted with the storylines and characters.  LOVED the series, watched the movie and loved it, then bought the series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top