Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 5:31:31 PM EDT by OBird]
So I was flipping through channels and came across Octopussy on Spike TV. I watched the last half or 1/3rd or so, and noticed something odd (besides the Soviets using those purrrrdy AUGs): is it just me, or did Bond consistently have a Walther P5 on his person in lieu of his old PPK?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:39:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
he also had a Model 29 smith i think in the bad vodoo james bond movie
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:35:34 PM EDT
I believe you are correct.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:52:40 PM EDT
Bond has consistantly lost his duty arm in many films. He traded his Beretta 21 for a PPK in Dr. No. "Q" issued it to him under protest. He has borrowed sidearms from villians and friends alike throughout the history of the series. He has a booby-trapped P99 one of the final Brosnan films. The World is not Enough, I think. He borrows a P99 from the Chinese in one.

I have the whole series, mostly in letterbox.

I enjoy them a lot, but I may pass on the new one. We'll see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:45:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 3:50:22 PM EDT by ProfessorEvil]
Haha, going to a Bond-themed New Year's party this weekend. Taking an (airsoft) PPK in my Cumberbund.

Bond is very adept and accessorizing locally and doing field-expedient tricks as necessary, like a good agent should. Not always the best but certainly fun for movie purposes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:15:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ProfessorEvil:
Bond is very adept and accessorizing locally and doing field-expedient tricks as necessary, like a good agent should. Not always the best but certainly fun for movie purposes.

Beats ol' John Wayne passing by the dead Japanese/Vietnamese bad guy and his fully loaded gun with an empty garand or M16 a heavy club to bayonet the last bad guy or charge the pillbox...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:21:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rtech:
Bond has consistantly lost his duty arm in many films. He traded his Beretta 21 for a PPK in Dr. No. "Q" issued it to him under protest. He has borrowed sidearms from villians and friends alike throughout the history of the series. He has a booby-trapped P99 one of the final Brosnan films. The World is not Enough, I think. He borrows a P99 from the Chinese in one.

I have the whole series, mostly in letterbox.

I enjoy them a lot, but I may pass on the new one. We'll see.

Not to hijack, but that's one thing I noticed about Mr. and Mrs. Smith: they didn't pass a bad guy that they didn't take the gun and extra mags from. It made for a good lesson to my 11 year old son.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Merlin
Top Top