Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 1:14:29 PM EDT
Going to see KK tonight.. Who else is going to the Premeir night?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]

I'm going tomorrow afternoon to the matinee.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got back.. One hell of a ride!  The action was very intense and just wouldnt let go of you for the last 2.5 hours.  Lots of "Oh Shit!" scenes and a whole bunch of "how are they going to survive that?" stuff too.

It was a real adventure movie,  puts you in the same mood as Indian Jones and some of the old clash of the titans / Sinbad movies..  Very well done.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Very good movie, Lots of nice guns. Sad in a way too. The scene with Kong fighting TV was awesome. Brutal as hell. Natives were awsesome too.

What kind of MG's were on the bi-plane? Vickers?Maxim? Would they have been able to take Kong down?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Very good movie, Lots of nice guns. Sad in a way too. The scene with Kong fighting TV was awesome. Brutal as hell. Natives were awsesome too.

What kind of MG's were on the bi-plane? Vickers?Maxim? Would they have been able to take Kong down?

I'd wager Lewis guns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I might see at dollar theatre
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
was a really good movie overall.
Casting was really good, especially with the gal.

The relationship between the gal and kong was good,
special effects were really good,
the capture of the 1930's was good,
my only complaint about the entertainment value was that it, like to many action movies anymore, has way to many clutch saves and moments, 1 after another, they're overdone.
In this movie for example you could have the fights with kong and the dinosaurs without them "all" having to fall into a ravine and swinging from vines while kong tosses the gal around like he's juggling and so on.
And some of the action is like watching a pinball in a pinball machine.
That's simply the way movies are anymore, but I've always thought less is more in that way.

My nitpicks, gets dark in a matter of almost a minute or so in 1 of the 1st ny scenes,
people who run as fast as dinosaurs amongst a stampede,
people who fall a few hundred feet and survive,
how they cover so much ground so quickly, and know where to go when they escape kong on the island.
the timeline from the show in ny to sun up on the empire state building. Unless the show started at 4 a.m.
The gal anne isn't cold in a sleeveless dress in dec. in the snow? hands and feet aren't to cold to climb what should be an icy ladder atop the empire state building?
And a big nitpick about the kingkong movies themselves, what's the wall on the island for? He's an ape, he can climb. In this movie in particular he can climb and leap right over it with ease.

8 1/2 bananas!!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My nitpicks, gets dark in a matter of almost a minute or so in 1 of the 1st ny scenes,
people who run as fast as dinosaurs amongst a stampede,
people who fall a few hundred feet and survive,
how they cover so much ground so quickly, and know where to go when they escape kong on the island.
the timeline from the show in ny to sun up on the empire state building. Unless the show started at 4 a.m.
The gal anne isn't cold in a sleeveless dress in dec. in the snow? hands and feet aren't to cold to climb what should be an icy ladder atop the empire state building?
And a big nitpick about the kingkong movies themselves, what's the wall on the island for? He's an ape, he can climb. In this movie in particular he can climb and leap right over it with ease.

8 1/2 bananas!!!!

What I want to know is, How did they get Kong from the shore onto the ship? No cranes or anythings. I dont think his body would flat. They did have alot of barrels on the deck that they could tie to him to keep him afloat, but how would they lift him to the deck?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
How was he subdued for the long voyage likewise. I guess those are some of those better not adressed situations.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How was he subdued for the long voyage likewise. I guess those are some of those better not adressed situations.

It looked like they had more than enough clorophorm (sp?) In the begining they showed crates of the stuff
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
that makes sense, but still getting him on board would have been difficult. But fun movie nonetheless, good they didn't show the transportation anyhow.
It's 1 of those I'm thinking I might see 1 more time on the big screen. I rarely see movies in the theater as it is, maybe 2 or 3 a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top