Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 6:23:07 PM EDT
So I have two cheap/free HDMI cables connected with one of these and I'm wanting to know if it's possible that it is causing picture/quality issues.

and would getting a single cable fix this, and should I get HD or regular with or without ethernet?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm wanting to know if it's possible that it is causing picture/quality issues.

and would getting a single cable fix this,
View Quote
Yes, it is possible that a connector can cause picture issues.  Or it could be wire gauge.  Or it could be the source of your video causing issues.  What picture issues are you having?

Quoted:
should I get HD or regular
View Quote
What do you mean by "HD"?  By default, HDMI (High Definition Multi-media Interface) is "HD".  I would look at Monoprice and buy a single cable in the largest wire gauge that meets your budget.  I use a 35 foot cable to connect my projector to my equipment rack.  I could have probably gone with 25 feet but I wanted a little flexibility in where I mounted the projector.

Quoted:
with or without ethernet?
View Quote
Do you need built-in Ethernet?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it is possible that a connector can cause picture issues.  Or it could be wire gauge.  Or it could be the source of your video causing issues.  What picture issues are you having?

What do you mean by "HD"?  By default, HDMI (High Definition Multi-media Interface) is "HD".  I would look at Monoprice and buy a single cable in the largest wire gauge that meets your budget.  I use a 35 foot cable to connect my projector to my equipment rack.  I could have probably gone with 25 feet but I wanted a little flexibility in where I mounted the projector.

Do you need built-in Ethernet?
View Quote
my bad I meant HS.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
There isn't much difference between the regular and high speed models at Monoprice so pick the HS model to be sure.  Now, when you get into the 25ft and longer cables then you need to pay attention to the wire size used to transmit data.

All else fails, Monoprice has a great return policy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top