Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2017 8:52:34 PM EDT
Not Headphones... I need a mic. I want 7.1 audio. I want them to be good high quality noise cancelling. I work in an office where it can get relatively noisy and I'm in the midst of video conferencing with clients and it can be very difficult to concentrate. At the same time I also have many times where I would like to have 7.1 audio as well. What headsets do this? do they exist?

The only high end noise cancelling headsets I can find are super expensive aviation headsets, which would be fine, but they don't have 7.1 audio.

I've read so many "top 10" lists, but they are either "gaming" headsets and only list "noise cancelling microphones" to not annoy team mates or just pure headphones with no mic at all.

Am I looking for a unicorn?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bose A20.  Try it or a lightspeed zulu.  About as close as you can get.

The Bose has a Bluetooth that would link with a cell phone.
View Quote
Connecting with a phone is neat but not necessary. I could use it though. How about 7.1 audio... I don't see it listed on the site... probably not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/platinum-wireless-headset/

I was in Costco and saw something surround sound headsets made by sony. The link above isn't it, but it's sorta what you're looking for. For what it's worth the 5 or 7.1 I heard at costco really didn't convince me of a three dimensional sound space. The demo was unconvincing. This was something I really wanted myself until I dug around and settled on a normal headset for late night movies. Let me know if you're successful.
I'd probably get a binaural headset with a noise canceling mic from plantronics for around $200 for the conferences with a customer,  and a nice pair for playing around. Unless of course you really want watch movies and talk to customers without your boss knowing the difference?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If connecting to a pc i prefer Logitech.. used for last 10 years for all my gaming needs.. newest one about $140 and can work across multiple platforms... there are cheaper options but my last pair last over 4 yrs and only complaint is that padding worn off due to use
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top