Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:43:10 PM EDT
you guys see this?

http://www.afa.net/petitions/issuedetail.asp?id=175

On January 6, NBC will begin a new series entitled The Book of Daniel.

While the public has not seen the program, NBC is promoting "The Book of Daniel" as a serious drama about Christian people and the Christian faith. The main character is Daniel Webster, a drug-addicted Episcopal priest whose wife depends heavily on her mid-day martinis.

Webster regularly sees and talks with a very unconventional white-robed, bearded Jesus. The Webster family is rounded out by a 23-year-old homosexual Republican son, a 16-year-old daughter who is a drug dealer, and a 16-year-old adopted son who is having sex with the bishop's daughter. At the office, his lesbian secretary is sleeping with his sister-in-law.

NBC and the mainstream media call it "edgy," "challenging" and "courageous." The series is written by Jack Kenny, a practicing homosexual who describes himself as being "in Catholic recovery," and is interested in Buddhist teachings about reincarnation and isn't sure exactly how he defines God and/or Jesus. "I don't necessarily know that all the myth surrounding him (Jesus) is true," he said.

NBC considers The Book of Daniel a positive portrayal of Christ and Christians.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 7:46:18 PM EDT by ElCamino]
lol "Rounded out".

Well, I guess if they weren't a random bunch of miscreants it wouldn't be "drama". Normal people's lives are too boring, and that whole concept of putting ordinary people in difficult situations is so passe.

Let's get same gay guys and drug addicts in here, now THAT's entertainment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:54:39 PM EDT

New NBC Drama Show Mocks Christianity

Turn about is fair play I guess...

Because, I mock TV networks all the time.

GM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:20:57 PM EDT
What, no gay cowboys?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:23:54 PM EDT
And these people wonder why ratings are down........and no one is going to the theaters....

Hmmmnnn Could it be that you are out of touch with 90% OF AMERICA!!!!

Stupid Ass Libtards!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:58:08 PM EDT
who really cares, its probably going to suck ass like 90% of the stuff on the big 3 networks. dont watch it. it will be gone in a year.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:55:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
who really cares, its probably going to suck ass like 90% of the stuff on the big 3 networks. dont watch it. it will be gone in a year.

I predict this show will tank before it is halfway through the first season.

(Not a prophet, but this is what my gut says)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:03:18 AM EDT
I saw the commercial for the program and could not believe they would actually put something like that on television - let alone actually spending money to produce it!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:16:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:41:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DvlDog:

+ 1. Unless we (the religious community) raise such a stink that it gets gobs of free publicity and people tune in just to see what the fuss was about. Remeber, The Last Temptation of Christ If Christians hadn't made such a big deal out of it, noone would've gone.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:32:17 AM EDT
Expecting a fair treatment of Christianity by NBC, those wonderful people who bring us that awful Will and Grace show, is about like expecting Rosie O'Donnel to turn down 2 scoops of ben and jerry's. It isn't in their nature.

This show will suck and will get no long term ratings. It probably won't last a season.

I think it is illustrative that nobody would put something like that about Islam on the air.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:15:09 AM EDT
I only whatch Andy Griffith and news every once in a while. Most of the time I'm here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:16:08 AM EDT
I can't tell the difference between the "Book of Daniel" and "Desperate Housewives". In fact, I think it was EXACTLY their intention to add a screwed-up clergy to the same recipe. I don't watch either. Could care less really. I can't believe that Hollyweird is so stupid to actually thing their dumb shows and movies are going to fly. But then again, they get just enough hits like "Housewives" and "Will and Grace" to justify in their own minds their skewed viewpoints.

I remember watching some end-of-the-world type made-for-tv movie last year. I don't think I'm the only one who just about cheered when they saw Hollywood destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:48:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 10:49:40 AM EDT by macman37]
There is no such thing as a pure character anymore. They're all twisted in some way, and celebrated by reviewers as "human" due to their "flaws".

I like the anti-hero almost as much as I like the hero (favorite comic book characters are Wolverine and Batman, with Superman and Spider-man lagging slightly behind) but this is just messed up.

While watching the occasional show my wife will sometimes blurt out "Why would they put that in the show???" to which I'll reply: "it's a calculated plot point". All these things are just plot devices to "prove" we're all messed up in some way so we have to embrace everybody's freaky little "quirks".
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:03:50 PM EDT
LOL sounds about right.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:54:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dolanp:
LOL sounds about right.

Another gem from you. Tell me dolan... been trolling much lately?

Go stir-up the crap in GD where you belong (but I'm not sure they want you either)...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:54:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 3:55:05 PM EDT by dolanp]
Don't get your panties in a twist, I was being facetious. Obviously there is a double standard, since if the show was about Muslims people would be outraged!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:06:52 PM EDT
Hollywood just doesn't get it. They won't get any of my time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:22:21 PM EDT
Put it on MTV and watch the images that they are bombarding the next generation with. Some of us have been sold out! I know I'm sick of being told a pack of lies.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:24:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
Expecting a fair treatment of Christianity by NBC, those wonderful people who bring us that awful Will and Grace show, is about like expecting Rosie O'Donnel to turn down 2 scoops of ben and jerry's. It isn't in their nature.

This show will suck and will get no long term ratings. It probably won't last a season.

I think it is illustrative that nobody would put something like that about Islam on the air.

They'll get their chance.
Aetheists hate all who worship God.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2006 4:00:02 AM EDT by John_Wayne777]

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:
They'll get their chance.
Aetheists hate all who worship God.

No, they don't.

You must understand the liberal mind. There is nothing more entertaining than watching two liberal ideas come into conflict. Liberals, for instance, screech in bloody horror if a child is exposed to a list of the 10 commandments. As the looney Supreme Court said, they might start actually following those commandments! Heaven forbid we have children honoring their mother and father!!! How would western civilization survive!!!

Then one would think that making them read the Koran as a part of their cirriculum would invoke similar hostility, and yet it does not. Why? Because "diversity" is another pillar of liberal thought. A doctrine that teaches that other cultures cannot be judged and must be accepted with open arms because most likely their culture is superior to ours anyway, Bush is a big meanie and we need to "understand" the terrorists, so lets put towels on our heads, read the Koran and declare our own Jihads! (This actually happened in California...)

Thus you have a situation where loonie libbies foam at the mouth when Christian principles or teachings come anywhere near public property, and yet they welcome other religious traditions with
open arms under the banner of "tolerance" and "diversity".

Liberals are at their most entertaining when two liberal ideas collide. The results are usually the most hypocritical inconsistent positions in the world.

The support of abortion anytime anywhere and the opposition of the death penalty is another good illustration.

The greatest sin to a liberal is to disagree with them, that is true. But their ire is reserved for specific segments of the human population. The terrorists disagree with the liberals, but the libbies are falling all over themselves to make nice with them. Liberals only express hatred for people who are too moral to kill liberals.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:09:52 AM EDT
Don't you know?

Killing Christians will be en vogue again.

It's already in prophecy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:58:46 AM EDT
The SC has ruled that 10 commandments are fine as long is the context is religious-neutral. That is, if it is presented in historical context, possibly with other documents or artifacts. To be objective you have to ask yourself how you would feel if Islamic religious texts like the Pillars of Islam were the only thing you saw when you walked into a courtroom. You might feel like you were in Saudia Arabia and not about to receive a fair trial, don't you think?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:44:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By turbo_infidel:
NBC and the mainstream media call it "edgy," "challenging" and "courageous." The series is written by Jack Kenny, a practicing homosexual who takes it up the ass with KY jelly and two 10" black cocks. He describes himself as being "retarded" and is interested in Buddhist teachings about reincarnation and isn't sure exactly how he defines God and/or Jesus. His former Catholic Priest described God as being the all mighty creator of all things and his son is Jesus. "I don't necessarily know that all the myth surrounding him (Jesus) is true," he said. He went on to say "I never really paid attention in church I was too busy undressing the priest with my eyes. To my dismay he never played with me. I guess I picked the wrong church"

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:46:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:
Don't you know?

yep, isnt it funny how Gods prophecy always finds a way to happen?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:55:25 PM EDT
I was at work last night and i was closing down the bar and i saw Jesus on some cheap t.v. series. Must have been this show.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:05:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:
Don't you know?

It's gonna cost them though, some of us haven't forgotten.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:00:57 AM EDT
I listed all the perversions of the show in a thread in GD.

The show is pretty bad.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:20:23 AM EDT
Yet another homo pushing show I will not watch.

Max
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:29:26 AM EDT
I didn't find it particularly offensive, and I am a devout Episcopalian. I did find the level of disorder and wreckage in the guy's family almost comically implausible. The character has a doctoral degree, makes good money, has been married 20+ years, and knowingly entered a profession that focuses on teaching, compassion, and decency. I find it difficult to imagine that a person like that would have such a train wreck of a family. The gay kid is apparently fine, but the other 2 act like they were raised on the street. Usually, you get kids like that by being completely oblivious to them - not by maintaining a stable home with a stay-at-home mom.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:13:11 AM EDT
Another show I won't watch.

Max
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:39:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
I did find the level of disorder and wreckage in the guy's family almost comically implausible.

Yep, about the only thing the producers didn't throw in was somebody fucking the family dog.

Maybe they'll save that for another episode.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT

New NBC Drama Show Mocks Christianity

Not anymore.

NBC is CANX the show.

Good job, WAY TO GO AMERICA!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:03 PM EDT
What else is new? Mocking Christians- particularly White, Male Protestant Christians, is a great sport in the liberal racist bigot community called "Hollywood". White male Christians are the bugbears and the whipping boys- the scapegoats- for all the sins of our times.
I am not particularly Christian but I am really really tired of all the values given to this country being flushed down the toilet. Sometimes I wish there WOULD be a Second Coming, just to see some ass get kicked.
You would not see such a show about an Imam and a mosque, nor probably about a Rabbi. Those who sow the wind reap the whirlwind, as the liberal democrats and social revolutionaries discovered in post-revolution Russia, and likewise the Weimar liberals after 1933.
Top Top