Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One common misconception is they worship the devil.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  

Some do, some don't, others do but pretend it is something else.
The most important thing however is that it is satanic in it's origin. That is all that matters.

Since it predates Christianity, and the concept of Hell, that's a pretty stupid observation. Might want to crack open a history book once and while.

Since it also predates Newtonian Mechanics and the concept of Gravity, its practitioners were not subject to such nonsense, either, right?

Don't be a tool.

Beliefs are based on myth, fable, and linear storytelling. How do you know about Jesus and God? Because your parents/minister/society told you. How would the Pagans worship something they'd never heard of, nor conceptualized? Did Satan show up there before God did? That must be it, because they were unaware of a Christian God but worshipped his fallen angel right?

It's convenient for you to villify a religion that Christianity replaced and hijacked (note damn near every Christian holiday is "magically" a pagan holiday renamed), but you can't change the principles of the religion just because you happen not to like it.

I suppose Buddhists and Hindis worship Lucifer too? You know, even tho they don't have a fucking clue who he is, they still worship him right?

The bible is very, very clear on this issue.  You either worship God, the Creator, or you worship the god of this world.  If you're worshiping something whose principles are in direct contradiction to the word of God, you're worshiping the other guy, and guess who that other guy is?  It really doesn't matter what name you put on him.

So your well-reasoned view of every faith, ever, since the beginning of time that isn't Christian is that they (we) are all Devil worshippers?

Seriously? Every Buddhist, every Native American, every Aztec, every Greek who worshipped Greek Gods, every single human out there, including me and my family are Satan Worshippers?

I'm glad we have you around to clear that up. In light of human history and the billions upon billions of good people now roasting in Satan's fires because of a tragic misstep, it's quite refreshing to have it all figured out by some self-assured boob on a gun board.

Thanks pal, gotta go.....my dark lord is calling. I guess I have to go to Krogers and buy some milk. He comandeth.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:.....my dark lord is calling. I guess I have to go to Krogers and buy some milk. He comandeth.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Bottom line to a Christian:

It (anything you might care to name) is either of God or from below. This is in reference to religion specifically.

There are no two ways about this.

At all.

As a Christian, it means nothing whether the religion is covered in fossilized dinosaur poop or has a fresh coat of paint on it, it is either of God or of the devil.

Period.

No middle point.

Dram out
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm glad we have you around to clear that up. In light of human history and the billions upon billions of good people now roasting in Satan's fires because of a tragic misstep, it's quite refreshing to have it all figured out by some self-assured boob on a gun board.

Yep, I'm glad we understand each other.   Oh, just one more thing; what do you mean by "good" people?

Thanks pal, gotta go.....my dark lord is calling. I guess I have to go to Krogers and buy some milk. He comandeth.

Have fun.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bottom line to a Christian:

It (anything you might care to name) is either of God or from below. This is in reference to religion specifically.

There are no two ways about this.

At all.

As a Christian, it means nothing whether the religion is covered in fossilized dinosaur poop or has a fresh coat of paint on it, it is either of God or of the devil.

Period.

No middle point.

Dram out

Thats the viewpoint of a very conservative Protestant.   A Catholic or Eastern Orthodox Christian might answer differently.    A more liberal Christian might take a different stance.

In general, conservative Protestants are exclusive, the Catholic/Orthodox traditions are inclusive, and liberal Christainity is pluralist.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So if they did burn in hell (doubtful since no reference to burning showed up in any bible until the king james version) and they are nice to you while your here? Why worry?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I'm glad we understand each other.   Oh, just one more thing; what do you mean by "good" people?

Live decently, live without vice or sin, take care of yourself, marry a good woman, raise a good family, work hard and be generous and charitable.

That's the universal definition of good people. And, ironically, there have been countless generations of good people, none of whom were God fearing Christians. All, sadly, roasting in Satan's eternal crock pot because of you.

And, know what else I learned from Christians? You can live like total shit. You can beat your wife, steal, kill, lie, swindle and harm. And, before you expire if you truly repent and find Jebus, you can still get into Heaven. That's fucking cool, brother.

Good Buddhist guy who never harmed a flea, had 8 wonderful children and lived a clean, modest life? Roasting.

Death Row Convict who found Jesus and repented and was forgiven? Sitting in the fluffy clouds with harp Muzak piped in the hereafter.

Faced with this not-so-sunny view of eternal reward and punishment, I'm sort of glad I'm going to Hell as a Satan worshipper. I don't want to spend eternity with you, or any last-minute-saved scumbags. I'd rather roast with the "good people".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top