Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I sure hope all you Antis are also against Capital Punishment, I'd hate for anyone to be a hypocrite.

Idiotic.  One is murder, the other is a biblically-sound punishment for certain crimes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sure hope all you Antis are also against Capital Punishment, I'd hate for anyone to be a hypocrite.

You like so many others of your ilk...continue to miss the salient point of difference between an unborn baby and an adult murderer:  The baby has no choice.  If the mother decides to kill it...it's a goner.  The murderer HAS a choice...and he/she chose to kill.  Societies for thousands of years have taken a dim view of murder and have imposed severe sanctions on the killers including death.  

The baby has done no crime...why should it be killed...and why would you make this comparison?

The babys crime is being helpless
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've read/heard Hitler's, Mother's Doctor recommended she have an abortion because she was raped by her uncle (hitler's father). imagine what that abortion might have changed.

Yes we may all be living in a communist world. Hitler was a necessary evil.

well yes, but maybe 50 million dead from a war he started could of been averted

www.crisismagazine.com/march2005/feature2.htm

"Dr. Fritz Hubener was a rarity in Austrian 19th-century medicine. Against the dictates of the powerful Austrian Catholic Church, he advocated the right of women to terminate dangerous pregnancies, particularly when they were trapped in relationships with powerful, abusive men. One day, a woman named Klara came to him for medical advice. She was pregnant and frightened. Not the least of her fears was the manipulative fear of hell that had been put into her by a cold and uncaring parish priest. She was a timid girl and not sure she was ready to be a mother. Dr. Hubener was, at present, the only one who knew she was pregnant besides her. He urged her to terminate the pregnancy, but in the end, out of her fear of hell, Klara declined. Eight months later, her son, Adolf Hitler, was born."
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Basically it all depends on your definition of who or what has a right to life.

Abortionists claim a fetus is not "fully human" - just like the slaveholders claimed blacks were not "fully human" and how the Nazis claimed Jews were not "fully human".

All manner of atrocities are done when those committing those atrocities get to define who is "human" and who has a "right to life".

please describe a logical definition of "human" that would not include Jews, Afro Americans, and babies but would include yourself or for instance the common american.

No.

That's just the point - there IS no "logical defintion" of "human" that excludes Jews, Blacks, babies,  kids with cerebral palsy, severe Down's syndrome, comatose geriatric paraplegics, fetuses, etc.

I'm not the one limiting the defintion of "human" to just those people who can (or used to) breathe on their own.

YOU describe a "logical definition' of "human" that would include Jews, Blacks, babies,  kids with cerebral palsy, severe Down's syndrome, comatose geriatric paraplegics on ventilators and yet EXCLUDE fetuses.

That was my point.  Its impossible to make that definition so your allusion to Hitler or Slave owners is totally off.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
“If people are going to talk about abortion, then it’s important for them to know that these are babies that can be born alive and survive.”

These people don't care.

+1.  It's all about convenience.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Riddle:  If I split an 8-cell embryo into 4 two-cell embryos, how many humans do I have?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You must go to Ihop before or after church.

No, I avoid IHOP altogether if I can help it.

Why don't you go read the good book and worry about your own business.

The killing of innocent people IS my buisness. It is everyone's buisness.

Don't remember it verbatim but something like plucking the beam out of your own eye before trying to pluck the piece of sawdust out of your neighbors.

That would mean that going to IHOP would be the "beam" whereas killing an unborn child would be a "speck", which would be an unsupportable conclusion either by scriptural edict or common sense. If you see a Christian going to Wal-Mart to pick up a loaf of bread after church on Sunday as being morally equal to or worse than killing someone, then you have one seriously messed up outlook.

No, the beam and speck thing means take care of your own transgressions against your professed faith before getting in other peoples business.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Riddle:  If I split an 8-cell embryo into 4 two-cell embryos, how many humans do I have?  

none, for a few weeks anyway
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

equals

??????

Wow.

That's some pretty messed up logic you have there!
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How so?  Don't you believe that the people getting most of the abortions are dregs and losers whose kids will end up on the doll or in prison?

I believe that he was expressing the idea of pre-emptive capital punishment as being morally repugnant.

Fair enough but idiotic and morally repugnant are two different things.  Or else there'd be no stupid nice people (which there are lots of).

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

did any fetus ever kill annyone? did any fetus rape a 12 year old child?
i think not. form a morality standpoint, killing a fetus is about the worst thing you can do. they are 100% pure and innocent.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No, the beam and speck thing means take care of your own transgressions against your professed faith before getting in other peoples business.

Murder is not "other people's buisness".

Further, there is no Biblical edict against eating at IHOP on Sunday. Were I to eat at IHOP on Sunday, I would not be sinning against God.

Were I to ignore the slaughter of the unborn, I WOULD be sinning against God. Christians are supposed to stand up for the widow and the orphan, or to put it in our modern terms, those who are victimized because they are weak. Ignoring massive injustice and focusing narrowly on a few religious teachings is one of the reasons Jesus was always yelling at the pharisees.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've read/heard Hitler's, Mother's Doctor recommended she have an abortion because she was raped by her uncle (hitler's father). imagine what that abortion might have changed.

A made up excuse to excuse the inexcusable.

I also read/heard stupid bullshit not based on not one twit of fact all the time… I am usually don't repeat it.

Where exactly would Hitler’s mother a Catholic have gotten this abortion in 1880s Germany… and who exactly would this Doctor have told this to, a Doctor I might point out who would have had to be at least 80 years old before he could have talked about it after Hitler was dead.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

who's that dude, looks like an ARFCOMER
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes we may all be living in a communist world. Hitler was a necessary evil.

What?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm pro killing babies.  Never have done it.  Never will do it.

From a moral standpoint that is devoid of emotion and FEELINGS I don't see a problem with it.

I'm sure you couldn't care less, but I'm sad for you.

I assume you are considering how you let feelings determine your morals.

Sorry Fred, but your saying killing a child isn't an immoral thing to do... Since reason has a big part in morals what reason do you find it a ok for a healthy baby that is no danger to its mother to be aborted?

Its falls under what a intelligent being is.  For instance if we found a Bigfoot or a new species of chimp we have never seen before (an alien race for instance) what characteristics would we use to determine if this is a being we need to respect and has a right to life or use for our own purposes for medical testing etc?

How would you do that?  Technically it would not be human (no human DNA) so you would have to have other characteristics to point to.

Once you have these characteristics determined why make exceptions for human DNA? Answer? Feelings, instinct.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also read/heard stupid bullshit not based on not one twit of fact all the time… I am usually don't repeat it.

Where exactly would Hitler’s mother a Catholic have gotten this abortion in 1880s Germany… and who exactly would this Doctor have told this to, a Doctor I might point out who would have had to be at least 80 years old before he could have talked about it after Hitler was dead.

I just quoted a source above, read it slacker.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#18]
too bad some of the people here mothers didnt have an abortion...then they could have experienced it first hand.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just quoted a source above, read it slacker.

No you quoted NOTHING you repeated a unsupportable piece on nonsence.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Once you have these characteristics determined why make exceptions for human DNA? Answer? Feelings, instinct.

How about this:

A chimp is a CHIMP.

A human fetus, left to nature, will grow up to be a HUMAN BEING like you or me.

If you argue that there is no difference in shooting an ape and shooting a man, then you are free to do so. But don't expect many subscribers to that line of thinking.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Liberals--------It's about a woman's right to choose
                    It's about a woman's body or a woman's health

They are so quick to condone the killing of the INNOCENT

And when the Judicial System wants to put to Death a Serial Killer like Gary Ridgeway who confessed to 48 murders with posiibly 70 or more to his credit they'll come out of the woodwork to protect the life of the GUILTY

One more stupid argument from the Libtards
" A fetus cannot survive outside the womb therefore it's not fully a life "

My response " A 6 month old Child cannot survive outside the womb either without support from an Adult "

Remember Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok, since you guys are all for adoption instead of abortion, why arent you standing outside abortion clinics offering women a package deal where you pay for all prenatal care with an agreement to adopt the child upon birth?

seriously, Abortion is an ugly thing, but I dont see too many people trying to save babies.  I personally dont care, it doesnt cause any harm to me so I tolerate it, all I ask is that people tolerate what I wish to do that does not harm them. things like owning guns, shooting, hunting, fishing, you know stuff that most pro abortion types want to ban.  I think its a fair trade.

+1

And it (abortion) prevents an overwhelming democrat majority.

That is without a doubt the most idiotic and asinine thing I have ever read on ARFCOM.

It is right up there.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
who's that dude, looks like an ARFCOMER

He's a friendly enough fellow. He keept asking to have people for dinner sometime....

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
too bad some of the people here mothers didnt have an abortion...then they could have experienced it first hand.

yeah aren't you the one arguing in the "A small plane/rocket hit the pentagon thread"? for a conspiracy?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ok, since you guys are all for adoption instead of abortion, why arent you standing outside abortion clinics offering women a package deal where you pay for all prenatal care with an agreement to adopt the child upon birth?

seriously, Abortion is an ugly thing, but I dont see too many people trying to save babies.  I personally dont care, it doesnt cause any harm to me so I tolerate it, all I ask is that people tolerate what I wish to do that does not harm them. things like owning guns, shooting, hunting, fishing, you know stuff that most pro abortion types want to ban.  I think its a fair trade.

+1

That is without a doubt the most idiotic and asinine thing I have ever read on ARFCOM.

How so?  Don't you believe that the people getting most of the abortions are dregs and losers whose kids will end up on the doll or in prison?

Just got more idiotic and asinine... assuming that is true you propose killing them?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about this:

A chimp is a CHIMP.

A human fetus, left to nature, will grow up to be a HUMAN BEING like you or me.

If you argue that there is no difference in shooting an ape and shooting a man, then you are free to do so. But don't expect many subscribers to that line of thinking.

You missed my point.  Take away the scapegoat of DNA.  What if the "chimp" (I stated something similar to a chimp and nothing we have seen before) mastered english? Could use a computer?

If your so set on DNA what about a human illegally cloned with a cross of some animal DNA.  So technically does not have human DNA but has some intelligent thought. Could we be free to use it for medical testing?

You cannot use DNA as your litmus test.  Spunk has all the DNA I have.  Do you argue I am killing millions of them by using a condom?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#27]
As long as abortion is legal, there should be no such thing as child support.  Any man should be able to pay 50% of the cost of an abortion up front and not be financially responsible for anything else.  After all, it is a woman's choice to keep or discard her baby.  So, if she decides to keep it, it is her decision and her responsibility to provide.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

did any fetus ever kill annyone? did any fetus rape a 12 year old child?
i think not. form a morality standpoint, killing a fetus is about the worst thing you can do. they are 100% pure and innocent.

Ahh, here we go with the emotional pleas again ... For the record I agree with what you're saying ... I'm all for Capital Punishment, and if I were a woman would not choose abortion myself (in the event of an unwanted/unexpected pregnancy), however since I am not I don't have the right to tell any woman what they can and can't do within their own bodies can I?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Just got more idiotic and asinine... assuming that is true you propose killing them?

I don’t propose anything, it’s none of my business.
I’m just saying that it seems like a lot of Christian conservative types oppose abortion (something they’re not going to go do anyway) but if it was banned completely there would probably be a lot more children born into situations that would result in democrat leanings.  That would eventually see the political environment totally against your lifestyle/belief system.

You don't think it's true?  Now THAT is asinine...of course it's true.  Who do you think is getting the abortions?  The Christian conservatives?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You missed my point.  Take away the scapegoat of DNA.  What if the "chimp" (I stated something similar to a chimp and nothing we have seen before) mastered english? Could use a computer?

If your so set on DNA what about a human illegally cloned with a cross of some animal DNA.  So technically does not have human DNA but has some intelligent thought. Could we be free to use it for medical testing?

What does planet of the apes have to do with this conversation??

You cannot use DNA as your litmus test.  Spunk has all the DNA I have.  Do you argue I am killing millions of them by using a condom?  

You need to brush up on your sex ed. Sperm contain only HALF of your DNA set. The other half of the DNA set is provided by the egg.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

As soon as your Pet Monkey learns how to talk or starts an account on ARFCOM be sure to post pics and let us know

Human Life begins at conception  That's when the Sperm meets the Egg   From that point on Life has begun
So spilling your seed so to speak is not killing a Human Life
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ahh, here we go with the emotional pleas again ... For the record I agree with what you're saying ... I'm all for Capital Punishment, and if I were a woman would not choose abortion myself (in the event of an unwanted/unexpected pregnancy), however since I am not I don't have the right to tell any woman what they can and can't do within their own bodies can I?

If a woman wants to take out her uterus, she can. If she wants to have a different sex partner every night, she can.

It is when a third INNOCENT PARTY is being sentenced to death that we have a problem. It isn't ABOUT the woman's body, but is about the innocent party, namely the child.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Twenty pages before midnight...and a lock before dawn...
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#34]
One of the primary retorts given by those who are pro-abortion is that if a pro-lifer isn't willing to adopt a child that the mother doesn't want, they should stfu.  This is flawed logic.  The same could be said of any individual who did not beleive that it was OK for a mother to kill her unwanted toddler, if you aren't willing to adopt that child, the mother should be able to kill it.  Obviously this would be unacceptable.

If it is not OK for a mother to kill her unwanted 2 year old, why is it then OK for her to kill her unwanted, unborn child?  There is no logical explenation that can account for this.

If it is OK for a mother to kill an unwanted fetus, why can't she kill her 10 year old son that she either does not want, or cannot provide for?  I guess because I'm not willing to adopt that 10 year old, I have no right to call her a murderer if she does in fact kill him, right?  That is the same "logic" that pro-abortionists use to try to shut down a pro-lifer, but it is not sound.

Fetuses are in fact humans.  Biologically, they cannot be anything else.  Species reproduce after their own kind, meaning that anything that results as a product of reproduction is a member of the parent's species.  This is something that is taught in every biology class.  Fetuses are a result of human reproduction, and therefore, they cannot be anything but human themselves.

If it is wrong for an individual to take a born human's life without due-process in this nation, why is it that unborn children are not given these same due-process rights?  Biologicaly they are human as well.  They cannot be anything else.  

Please, give me one reason that follows sound logic why abortion is not in fact taking the life of a human being.  You can't, biology simply will not allow for it.  Species reproduce after their own kind, and there is no exception to this in the natural world.  Humans are no exception.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I’m just saying that it seems like a lot of Christian conservative types oppose abortion (something they’re not going to go do anyway) but if it was banned completely there would probably be a lot more children born into situations that would result in democrat leanings.  That would eventually see the political environment totally against your lifestyle/belief system.

You don't think it's true?  Now THAT is asinine...of course it's true.  Who do you think is getting the abortions?  The Christian conservatives?

A child who may grow up to be a liberal is still a child. What they might do in their future is hardly reason to support bumping them off, and any "christian" who supports abortion because it reduces the number of liberals out there is no Christian at all.

Christ said suffer not the little children, not to kill them if they might turn out wrong. I don't know of ANY child who ever was born into perfect circumstances, meaning that ANY child's murder can be justified by the bad circumstances/bad outcome arguement.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Just like going to Ihop before/after church.  Commerce on the Sabbath is an offense for which the prescribed punishment is stoning AFAIK but it doesn't stop the hypocrites from doing this while condemning that.

Your Scripture-fu is weak.

Is that so?

Numbers 15:32-36 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

32And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As soon as your Pet Monkey learns how to talk or starts an account on ARFCOM be sure to post pics and let us know

Human Life begins at conception  That's when the Sperm meets the Egg   From that point on Life has begun
So spilling your seed so to speak is not killing a Human Life

lets hear it for morons who've failed biology(or never got far enough along in high school prior to drop out to take it)

the moment a sperm cell hits a ovum, it isnt even remotely human, it really isnt much different than a fat cell at that point.  a few weeks later after it has divided a few billion times after it has gone through a zygote phase(which happens to look exactly the same in all mammals) it becomes a fetus and then actually is human.  prior to that it is jut a pile of cells.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#38]

I’m just saying that it seems like a lot of Christian conservative types oppose abortion (something they’re not going to go do anyway) but if it was banned completely there would probably be a lot more children born into situations that would result in democrat leanings. That would eventually see the political environment totally against your lifestyle/belief system.

Side note, irrelevant to the fact that we strongly disagree on the abortion issue:

As a Christian, my primary goal is NOT to create a country made up entirely of conservative voters.

Sure, it would be nice, and, sure, I can work towards that end, but it is NOT the ultimate agenda.

Jesus's Kingdom is not 'of this world'. I'd rather have babies born and grow up to be democrats, than to see them aborted, even if they voted against my vote.

Again, it is NOT our primary agenda to establish a 'kingdom' here on earth through politics.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yea right…

Preaching to the choir here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A child who may grow up to be a liberal is still a child. What they might do in their future is hardly reason to support bumping them off, and any Christian who supports abortion because it reduces the number of liberals out there is no Christian at all.

I know but there seem to be all kinds of double standards (for some anti-abortion people) so I just figured this was a legitimate aspect to bring up.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
lets hear it for morons who've failed biology(or never got far enough along in high school prior to drop out to take it)

the moment a sperm cell hits a ovum, it isnt even remotely human, it really isnt much different than a fat cell at that point.  a few weeks later after it has divided a few billion times after it has gone through a zygote phase(which happens to look exactly the same in all mammals) it becomes a fetus and then actually is human.  prior to that it is jut a pile of cells.

It is no more a "pile of cells" than YOU are a "pile of cells".

The moment immediately after sperm meets egg is a STAGE IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT. You went through it. I went through it. Everyone who has ever lived went through it. It is a part of HUMAN LIFE.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I figure the female who is pregnant chose to act in a manner that can sometimes lead to becoming pregnant.  Therefore I do not see any point in someone paying for something she chose to do in the first place.

As mentioned there are people who try to adopt and that should help cover all the rape and other arguments that often come up.

I used to feel it was the woman's right to do with her body as she pleases.

These days I believe it is the woman's right to do with her body as she pleases, until she affects someone else.  And having an abortion is affecting someone else.

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah aren't you the one arguing in the "A small plane/rocket hit the pentagon thread"? for a conspiracy?

Christ NO!!!!

it was a alien space craft from planet Uzzzerbengoffylota sent here to be one of Bushes 'cronies'...but accidentlaly crashed at the exact moments of 9/11

Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I’m just saying that it seems like a lot of Christian conservative types oppose abortion (something they’re not going to go do anyway) but if it was banned completely there would probably be a lot more children born into situations that would result in democrat leanings. That would eventually see the political environment totally against your lifestyle/belief system.

Side note, irrelevant to the fact that we strongly disagree on the abortion issue:

As a Christian, my primary goal is NOT to create a country made up entirely of conservative voters.

Sure, it would be nice, and, sure, I can work towards that end, but it is NOT the ultimate agenda.

Jesus's Kingdom is not 'of this world'. I'd rather have babies born and grow up to be democrats, than to see them aborted, even if they voted against my vote.

Again, it is NOT our primary agenda to establish a 'kingdom' here on earth through politics.

Well that sounds like "practicing what you preach" so to speak and sounds admirable (seriously...not being a sarcastic prick).

In any case, I was more trying to show that my assertion that abortion reduces the number of democrats is true, not idiotic.  Whether or not it's wrong is a separate issue.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The moment immediately after sperm meets egg is a STAGE IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT. You went through it. I went through it. Everyone who has ever lived went through it. It is a part of HUMAN LIFE.

same as every rat, horse, and dingo as well.  if I were to show you pictures of a zygote from a human, horse, cow, rat, mouse, and monkey I know for sure that you couldnt tell the difference between them.  the point is, that there is no activity to show life, it is still the organizational stage of development prior to kicking the ignition on.  much akin to a computer being put together prior to being turned on.  

and honestly, how does this negatively affect you in any way?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
It is when a third INNOCENT PARTY is being sentenced to death that we have a problem. It isn't ABOUT the woman's body, but is about the innocent party, namely the child.

Yes, you have a problem with sentencing an innocent party to death ... better remind Texas that it's "always best to err on the side of life"

Sunday, November 20, 2005; Posted: 11:32 p.m. EST (04:32 GMT)
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- Doubts are being cast on the guilt of a Texas man executed more than a dozen years ago after the crime's lone witness recanted and a co-defendant said he allowed his friend to be falsely accused under police pressure, the Houston Chronicle reported Sunday.

Again, not disagreeing with you ... just pointing out the hypocrisy with considering one form of life (undeveloped and incapable of supporting itself) more "sacred" than another form of life (who may or may not be guilty of a sin).
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

same as every rat, horse, and dingo as well.  if I were to show you pictures of a zygote from a human, horse, cow, rat, mouse, and monkey I know for sure that you couldnt tell the difference between them.  the point is, that there is no activity to show life, it is still the organizational stage of development prior to kicking the ignition on.  much akin to a computer being put together prior to being turned on.  

and honestly, how does this negatively affect you in any way?  

Did you actually bother to read the story...
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Did you actually bother to read the story...

yeah cliff notes: doctors doing a crappy job
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does planet of the apes have to do with this conversation??

You need to brush up on your sex ed. Sperm contain only HALF of your DNA set. The other half of the DNA set is provided by the egg.

Spunk only contains half of my DNA?  WTF?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you have a problem with sentencing an innocent party to death ... better remind Texas that it's "always best to err on the side of life"

Sunday, November 20, 2005; Posted: 11:32 p.m. EST (04:32 GMT)
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- Doubts are being cast on the guilt of a Texas man executed more than a dozen years ago after the crime's lone witness recanted and a co-defendant said he allowed his friend to be falsely accused under police pressure, the Houston Chronicle reported Sunday.

Again, not disagreeing with you ... just pointing out the hypocrisy with considering one form of life (undeveloped and incapable of supporting itself) more "sacred" than another form of life (who may or may not be guilty of a sin).

Illogical nonsense.

So what is your point…

Do you propose we give each baby a trial and appeals before an abortion… that would be the equal comparison.

And if that were the case there would be NO abortions.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top