Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I used to go to a church that allowed Blacks to speak to Whites, even if the Whites didnt initiate the conversation first.    

It got so bad, that when an elderly Black man said "Good morning" to this little white girl, I just had to quit.

(IN THE VOICE OF MOSES)
"GO BACK TO "DU" FROM WHENCE THOU CAME EVIL DEMON!"

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My denomination (United Church of Christ) has voted (at the national level) to welcome gay married couples as a part of our church in the name of diversity generating more bu$ine$$.

I called my pastor (who incidentally goes along with this gets more $$$) a moral coward.

If I cant stand up for what I believe is right and stand against what I believe is wrong in my own church... I don't belong there.

I hate that I am being represented by folks with such liberal ideas...

I'm old school and I have to vote with my feet on this one.

I guess the Bapyists are looking better every day.

PITSNIPE OUT

Fixed a couple things for you.  Why not start your own church business?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
As a Muslim I would expect to be welcome in a Christian Church.

You are, very much so actually.  At least in mine, I won't speak for the others.

However, I would not expect the Church to condone my belief in the Quran, or teach from it. The point of gathering is to learn to FOLLOW God's word, not flaunt your disregard for it. IMHO a House of Worship isn't there to practice diversity. It's there to obey the Almighty.

You are exactly right!  Plus we request you be baptized also and in good standing with the church to participate.

I must say, I find your views very refreshing for a muslim.

Sgatr15

I agree. I think he would be a good asset to the forum. I have lots of questions for him.

Thanks guys. And hey, I will try to answer any questions you throw at me. Just realize I speak only for myself, and I disagree with alot of what is taught as Islam today. As with all religions, there are many "denominations" within Islam. www.free-minds.org is a great website that may help you understand the Islam I put my faith in. I may ask you guys questions from time to time. My daughter is a Christian, and as I've stated before, I am trying to honor her decision.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for all of the feedback gents.

I'm not going to apologize for my beliefs...

I'll just seek folks to worship with that share my moral sense of things.

My family and quite frankly several families from my church are of the same opinion...

PITSNIPE OUThr

Buy truth and sell it not.

Shopping for a church that suits all your tastes is indeed an evil thing, but that is a completely different thing than holding to Bible Truth.

Paul said that if anyone preaches any other Gospel than what the Apostles preached, let them be accursed.

So Jews are accursed and, if I recall my Christian dogmatic mythology correctly, they burn in Eternal Damnation, a.k.a. Hell, right?

Poor Abraham, Moses, King David, et al.... roasting in Hell with evil sinners like Homosexuals, Communists, Native Americans, and Californians.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I suggest that you change your posting habits in here, or just stop posting all together in this thread.

hinking.gif hatHmyPAPP

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Poor Abraham, Moses, King David, et al.... roasting in Hell with evil sinners like Homosexuals, Communists, Native Americans, and Californians.

Why are you even in the Religious forum? BTW, Abraham, Moses, King David and all the other prophets are with God. As will be  the homosexuals, communists, Native Americans, and yes, even CALIFORNIANS if they repent and submit to the will of God.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]

ignorance is bliss
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I suggest that you change your posting habits in here, or just stop posting all together in this thread.

That sounds like a surreptitious threat to SIIHmyPAPP

BYE! BYE!

If you don't like the way we believe don't hang around us and we won't bother you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BYE! BYE!

If you don't like the way we believe don't hang around us and we won't bother you.

I always hear about how religious people jump into others discussions and tell people they are foolish for not believeing. This guy is the atheist version of what they hate about others.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just realize I speak only for myself,

Seriously?

That's all I ask from you and all I can give of myself.

As you probably know I am not a big fan of Islam, but you have at least opened my ears to a willingness to learn more.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been here long enough to learn that Mods and staff never, ever make threaths.

But they are VERY good at keeping promises.

Buh bye

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Sarge, you and me both!  h.gif
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for all of the feedback gents.

I'm not going to apologize for my beliefs...

I'll just seek folks to worship with that share my moral sense of things.

My family and quite frankly several families from my church are of the same opinion...

PITSNIPE OUT

Buy truth and sell it not.

Shopping for a church that suits all your tastes is indeed an evil thing, but that is a completely different thing than holding to Bible Truth.

Paul said that if anyone preaches any other Gospel than what the Apostles preached, let them be accursed.

So Jews are accursed and, if I recall my Christian dogmatic mythology correctly, they burn in Eternal Damnation, a.k.a. Hell, right?

Again, your lack of even the most basic understanding of Christian theology is astounding. Perhaps you should actually study it and find out what it says before criticizing it, eh? I know that isn't the DU way, but it works.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Sarge, you and me both!  

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrilly merrily merrily merrily,
You are going to get creamed.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My denomination (United Church of Christ) has voted (at the national level) to welcome gay married couples as a part of our church in the name of diversity.

I called my pastor (who incidentally goes along with this) a moral coward.

If I cant stand up for what I believe is right and stand against what I believe is wrong in my own church... I don't belong there.

I hate that I am being represented by folks with such liberal ideas...

I'm old school and I have to vote with my feet on this one.

I guess the Bapyists are looking better every day.

PITSNIPE OUT

Pitsnipe,
Sorry for the late reading of this thread, but you could always check out the Catholic church.  It's moral base and doctrine haven't changed in 2000 years...  It will be a cold day in hell when the Catholic church allows something like this from secular society to influence its long held beliefs, especially that we've got PanzerPapa TM

Other than that, it's just sad to hear things like this.  I always get upset when secular ideas barge their way into well established nonsecular organizations - "If you don't like our rules, then get out and don't ruin it for the rest of us who actually are here for a reason"!

I hope you find a good, moral, Godfearing Church to participate in!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Disrupting the Forum...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top