User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're 17, curious about christian self defense, throught the interweds you find Arfcom and its religious thread.. talking about threading a needle

Isnt Canada anti word of God...?? its considered hate speech..??

View Quote

I first came across Arfcom when I was 13 but only joined a year ago.
Canada right now has only said that you can't try to tell gays that they're wrong which would go against the Bible.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Statistically, as far as I know, and according to priests I've talked with who have looked at the issue, most Church shootings are not persecuting one for their faith either. Most are domestic in nature.

There's no glory in the rage-filled nutty of a jilted husband who decides to just double down on the outcome.

View Quote

Except for the occasional Mohammeden looking to slit throats or set a church on fire, I agree.

I carried to Mass a lot more in 2020 in the aftermath of GF protests when BLM/Antifa were running around smashing statues.  These days, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Canada right now has only said that you can't try to tell gays that they're wrong which would go against the Bible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Something to keep in mind, there are a lot of sins in the Bible.  Homosexuality being one of them.  However, the Bible often presents us with a paradox, such as love the sinner, hate the sin.  Similarly the topic of self defense and / or violence.   We hear turn the other cheek and "sell  your cloak to buy a sword."

Being a Christian is difficult in today's society as it is clear that Satan's influence in the world around us is taking hold, just as Christ told us it would in in Matthew 10.  Since you have mentioned the KJV, I provide it here:

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 22And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 23But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. 24The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. 25It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

The important part of Christianity is the confession and repentance of sins, and the forgiveness offered with Christ's death and resurrection, which we celebrate this coming weekend on Easter.  

Stay strong and keep the faith!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think it's evident from the Bible and history that martyrdom has been used by God to advance his kingdom. With that said, I see a difference between publicly proclaiming your faith in the face of evil earthly powers bent on your death, and some random nut killing your family in the middle of the night. It shouldn't be too difficult to discern between these different types of situations.
View Quote

ya thats my opinion as well....
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Finding God is a part of manhood and self reflection. In a perfect world everyone just believes and acts appropriately but you and I both know we do not live in a perfect world.

Embrace your questions about God and seek them out.

If you fall away from either your faith or the church, that is fine but always ask yourself why you don't believe in the church or God.

Seek your answers. If you do not desire to know God, you will never know him. If you're closed to the influence of God you will not see him.

It is perfectly fine to seek your own way, every man does it. I myself am doing it right now. Just make sure you're doing it from a position of wanting knowledge. If you are concerned with the question of God then it is your duty as a human being to seek answers. I would read lots of books and listen to lots of podcasts, from both atheists and various denominations. Then use your logic as a man to decide what is true. Then devote yourself to it.

I do not see any answer other than Monotheism logically, but many guys end up in different places after realizing this logical fact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me clarify before I answer. I'm not actually a Christian but I follow most of the rules and go to church. The self defense issue is the main reason I haven't become one. For your question, if a threat came to the church I would try my best to take it out. Would be difficult since I can't carry though.

Finding God is a part of manhood and self reflection. In a perfect world everyone just believes and acts appropriately but you and I both know we do not live in a perfect world.

Embrace your questions about God and seek them out.

If you fall away from either your faith or the church, that is fine but always ask yourself why you don't believe in the church or God.

Seek your answers. If you do not desire to know God, you will never know him. If you're closed to the influence of God you will not see him.

It is perfectly fine to seek your own way, every man does it. I myself am doing it right now. Just make sure you're doing it from a position of wanting knowledge. If you are concerned with the question of God then it is your duty as a human being to seek answers. I would read lots of books and listen to lots of podcasts, from both atheists and various denominations. Then use your logic as a man to decide what is true. Then devote yourself to it.

I do not see any answer other than Monotheism logically, but many guys end up in different places after realizing this logical fact.

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in a job situation early in my life where I struggled from religious pov with this question as it relates to the Government.  Federal courts became involved in my life as a result of that struggle- so I've had a lifetime to think about it.

My conclusion; I carry a gun daily now but I know that God is in control of all things. I couldn't  protect my wife, with all my training and my weapons from mutating cells in her body-That was God's purview. Will I attempt to the best of my ability to stop someone from doing harm to another person or myself? yep.

Do I understand a strict pacifist standpoint?  Absolutely--I was one myself and consider it the stronger Christian position.

God's grace and sovereign will however covers both positions.  Be fully convinced in your own mind.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I love Dennis and have listened to him on the radio, heard him speak in person, and read his books for over 30 years. We both live in Southern California and were each born less than a month apart.

What I will describe is just my own direct personal experience from many years ago, but it has stuck with me even to today.

I'm a tradesman and was working on a building in a bad part of Los Angeles, so I carried a small auto with my tool belt. While on the job I encountered three guys who had that look in their eyes that people get when they are about to do something. As we stood there, I noticed they were waiting for me to give them an excuse to do it. At that time I just happened not to be afraid of them or angry at them or had any resentment or judgement, and simply looked back at them. Oddly enough they started sheepishly looking around and at the ground and restlessly shuffled around. Then they simply turned and walked away.

My gun was right there, but it was not the appropriate response for the moment. It was irrelevant. What was relevant was my own attitude at that moment. I can't tell you how powerful a lesson this was for me even though it happened decades ago.

I'm totally into guns. I enjoy getting them and working on them. I go to the gun range once a month to shoot targets and clay and it's lots of fun. I've been around guns most of my life. I'm a Vietnam Vet. But I'm coming to the realization that there is something else at least as important and maybe even more important to living in this world...

...and that's my own attitude towards others.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Being a Christian is difficult in today's society as it is clear that Satan's influence in the world around us is taking hold...
View Quote

This is the challenge...

How do you live a good life in an evil world?

My approach is to learn how to keep the evil in the world outside of myself. It's like deep sea diving where you need to equalize your internal pressure in your diving suit so it matches the pressure of the depth of the water you are in. With this constantly changing equilibrium established, the evil in the world remains where it rightfully belongs.

Christ said that the Kingdom of God is within and surrounding us. So it is in our best interest to let Him maintain the pressure in our diving suit so we can enjoy living a good life in an evil world.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Resist evil with everything you have. (mic drop)
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Resist evil with all you strength. (mic drop)
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
A certain atheist that we all love to loathe has spent an inordinate amount of money to undermine the faithful of several denominations.

Here is an article on the Southern Baptists:  https://pulpitandpen.org/2020/01/10/baptist-press-lies-to-southern-baptists-about-soros-involvement/

In the old days, I was taught that God designed each and every person to fulfill a purpose, therefore each and every life is unique and irreplaceable.
That said, the use of lethal force in defense of the innocent is a virtue, and any and all sin in that situation is on the aggressor.
Remember, defending the innocent/righteous is an act of LOVE.

"There is no greater love than he who lays down his life in defense of the innocent" (paraphrased due to being too lazy to look up the chapter and verse)

One cannot lay down one's life in defense, if one is not in mortal combat with an evil doer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#12]
So the canadidan has the word FUCK in his avatar but he's woried about what God thinks of him defending himself?

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You have some very stupid friends
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top