Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leib109:

The show’s creator addressed that. It was completely unintentional on their part, they didn’t even know that that quote existed in the book of the religion-that-will-not-be-named.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The show’s creator addressed that. It was completely unintentional on their part, they didn’t even know that that quote existed in the book of the religion-that-will-not-be-named.

You cannot name the religion? Why the passive aggressiveness? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The Book of Mormon.

Yes, the shows creator addressed the issue. And the creator has never read the Book of Mormon... Link

The show is made in Utah and receives the show taxpayer funds and incentives to be filmed in Utah. The Utah government actively recruits films to be shot in Utah because of the jobs they create.

The show has already faithfully depicted several verses that directly undermine that religion, such as John 1:1-3.

Any follower of Christ, including those who follow Christ in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will enjoy the show, and enjoy the shows uplifting and faithful message.

John 1:1-3, especially the early (we do not have the original) Greek, does not undermine the teachings and beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.. Link

Followers of Christ in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints enjoy, "The Chosen" alongside a myriad of different followers of Christ from a myriad of different Christian denominations.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:33:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#2]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent series!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I just went and watched the last two episodes of season 3 in the theater. one of the most amazing things I have watched.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1-75Ranger:
I just went and watched the last two episodes of season 3 in the theater. one of the most amazing things I have watched.
View Quote

Yep. They really knocked it out of the park with those. It’s truly a blessing to get to watch these stories come alive.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Yep. They really knocked it out of the park with those. It’s truly a blessing to get to watch these stories come alive.
View Quote

Indeed it is, they are very well done.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Season 3
Episodes 7-8

Best so far
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:55:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#9]
When this thread first came out I tried watching. Got through the first 3/4 episodes and quit. Wife recently finished season 3 and convinced me to give it a try again.

Watched season 1 last weekend. Slow but got better towards the end of the season. Watched season 2 this past Friday & Saturday. Much better and far more interesting. Watching season 3 now. Matthew's character is...unexpected.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Season 4 is about ready to start filming.

I really enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they start filming late next month, right?
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I think they start filming late next month, right?
View Quote

Sometime in April was the last I heard.
We've really enjoyed the series so far, wife would probably wear out the dvd's if I let her.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#13]
There are filming right now.  

Lots of behind the scenes footage from Dallas Jenkins have been put up on social media.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been watching the show since the beginning and it's very good at giving Jesus a "humanness" we don't see in the movies. Same deal with the apostles. There are times you might disagree with the dialog of the characters by thinking no way that person said that. But we simply don't know a lot about the daily interactions of the chosen 12 and Jesus.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Glad I found this thread! I saw a clip on FB and it moved me. I'm excited to start watching!
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
Glad I found this thread! I saw a clip on FB and it moved me. I'm excited to start watching!
View Quote

You’ll have to let us know what you think!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#17]
Looks like Yoshi Barrigas, who played Phillip, is leaving the show for “personal and professional reasons.” I guess it’s hard to keep such a large cast completely together for multiple seasons of a show.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Apparently The Chosen is proud

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphy-84.gif
View Quote

x2
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Sad times. I know this was probably allowed in the spirit of maintaining harmony on the set, but the Pride flag is a sick parody of the symbol God used to establish a covenant with mankind and is an anti-Christian symbol. It has no business on the set of a Christian-themed TV show.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By H46Driver:
Apparently The Chosen is proud

https://i.ibb.co/XW48qgP/IMG-6167.jpg
View Quote

If they would have fired the person who displayed the flag, it would have reflected poorly on the name of Christ.

The gracious response in the tweets is the right one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:36:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: H46Driver] [#23]
Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

If they would have fired the person who displayed the flag, it would have reflected poorly on the name of Christ.

View Quote

Displaying the flag also reflects poorly, eh?

I'd think that leadership could prohibit the flag without firing the employee.

That puts the ball in the employee's court on how to proceed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Sad times. I know this was probably allowed in the spirit of maintaining harmony on the set, but the Pride flag is a sick parody of the symbol God used to establish a covenant with mankind and is an anti-Christian symbol. It has no business on the set of a Christian-themed TV show.
View Quote

If there is one thing that about that flag that is blazingly clear, it is that its message is not tolerance, but cultural conquest.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Remember, Jesus turned the tables over when the tax collectors were cheating people in the temple, and ran the people out with a whip he braided Himself. I don't think He would take kindly to having the rainbow used in such a manner.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#26]
A couple of the actors are on Twitter supporting sodomites.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FennRx:
View Quote

That’s unsurprising. Many of the cast and crew are unbelievers, but we’ve known that for a long time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SixpackinOk:

Remember, Jesus turned the tables over when the tax collectors were cheating people in the temple, and ran the people out with a whip he braided Himself. I don't think He would take kindly to having the rainbow used in such a manner.
View Quote

Jesus did that to people who were claiming a covenant relationship with God and profiteering off of religion.  He didn’t do that to other groups of sinners, like prostitutes, thieves, etc….
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
We're enjoying it for what it is, Bible-based entertainment, and will continue to do so unless we see something that we feel contradicts Scripture.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tomac:
We're enjoying it for what it is, Bible-based entertainment, and will continue to do so unless we see something that we feel contradicts Scripture.
View Quote

Ultimately, this is where I’m at. As long as the content remains true, I will continue to watch and support it. But I’m out the second they begin compromising the content of the show.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I make an effort to avoid doing business with anyone who is directly involved in, or supports, the fall of this country from one nation under God, to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Jesus did that to people who were claiming a covenant relationship with God and profiteering off of religion.  He didn’t do that to other groups of sinners, like prostitutes, thieves, etc….
View Quote

Thieves, prostitutes, etc. weren't using Gods rainbow as a symbol of their perverted lifestyles .
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Thieves, prostitutes, etc. weren't using Gods rainbow as a symbol of their perverted lifestyles .
View All Quotes

There were two thieves being crucified next to Christ. Jesus gave comfort to only one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#34]
During Great Lent the Church sings, "O my soul, flee like Lot to the mountain, and take refuge in Zoar before it is too late. Flee from the flames, my soul, flee from the burning heat of Sodom, flee from destruction by the fire of God."
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H46Driver] [#35]

View Quote

Right, but he called the sinners to repentance, and did not affirm them in their sins.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FennRx:
View Quote

details? links?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Displaying the flag also reflects poorly, eh?

I'd think that leadership could prohibit the flag without firing the employee.

That puts the ball in the employee's court on how to proceed.
View Quote

I don't think the leadership could prohibit the flag without turning the set into a complete circus, and further it would be making national headlines.

They aren't going to change the employee by prohibiting the flag, they aren't going to change any of the cast who are sympathetic to the employee by prohibiting the flag. They were simply going to bring alot of negative attention to the name of Christ.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Right, but he called the sinners to repentance, and did not affirm them in their sins.
View Quote

And he did so with a tender heart and full of grace in order to bring people to repentence.

He saved his wrath for the leadership.

The employee was restrained and placed a toothpick flag. To change them you make them feel akward about it by being full of grace but also not approving.

To come down like a ton of bricks will just reinforce the victim complex across the very group of people whose heart you want to change.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 3:08:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

2 Corinthians 11:1-4
Concern for Their Faithfulness
1Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. 2For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!
---

We must always be vigilant, and discerning, but especially in these times. Spirits are waging war on our streets, and in the media. They desire our attention and obedience. Listen and obey instead to Paul, the other True Apostles, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#40]

The employee was restrained and placed a toothpick flag. To change them you make them feel akward about it by being full of grace but also not approving.

View Quote

But members of the cast and crew did approve and expressed their solidarity publicly.  That is not the way.

Tolerance means allowing evil to bring about a greater good, not just allowing evil and certainly not embracing and affirming evil.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#41]

There were two thieves being crucified next to Christ. Jesus gave comfort to only one.
View Quote

What does that have to do with them perverting Gods rainbow?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wingsnthings:
Not bad. My only complaint was the events are many times of of Biblical sequence.
View Quote

It's too early in the morning for me. What does this sentence mean?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:

It's too early in the morning for me. What does this sentence mean?
View Quote

I think it has to do with how the gospels are constructed. The synoptic gospels all have Jesus start in Galilee and then move to Jerusalem where he is crucified. Whereas John has Jesus visiting Jerusalem multiple times. When you try to harmonize them, things get a little messy.

It isn’t that anybody is wrong, it is just that these are ancient near eastern writings, and they don’t record history the way modern westerners would.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:15:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EastWest] [#44]
I make an effort to avoid doing business with anyone who is directly involved in, or supports, the fall of this country from one nation under God, to Sodom and Gomorrah.

View Quote

This reflects my opinion perfectly. I even have recently phased myself out of a friendship that goes back to when I was 12. The individual is (no surprise) working in the entertainment industry in LA. We've stayed in contact all these years (and I was even his sponsor in absentia about 15 years ago when he was received into the Catholic Church).

However, following a divorce he seems to have made a rather sudden change and is influenced by his liberal girlfriend. Sadly, the changes he'd made years ago now appear to have been quite shallow.

When I look at what is happening to our culture, my patience is very short with those who would undermine the future of my kids and grandkids. Lord have mercy on us.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I watched the first two seasons over the course of the last month or so.  I’d heard of the show previously but I mostly ignored the hype until curiosity got the better of me.  I have now deleted the app from my phone and will not watch the remaining episodes or future seasons.

I think the show is competently acted and directed and I understand that they felt the need to include some unscriptural backstory on the apostles and even Jesus.  But that is not what caused me to stop watching.

I think that one’s experience of Christianity is a deeply personal path.   Watching a show that puts out a lot of information into a visual media means it places the interpretation of the director, producer, writers, and actors into the mix that then rumbles around in my head with my own interpretation.

Yes I can separate a TV show from Holy scripture but some of the interpersonal drama happening seemed almost “sitcom-ish” at times which seems to trivialize this serious subject.  

Also, given how pervasive the woke garbage is these days I kept expecting to see a token gay guy somewhere. Ultimately I just decided I couldn’t trust the show anymore and didn’t want to spend my time on it.  

My time is better spent on studying the actual Gospels, all of the rest of the Bible of course,and the great multitude of writings by St. John Chrysostom, St Augustine, or many other great Saints who left us more great wisdom than I’ll ever be able to fully process.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By EastWest:

This reflects my opinion perfectly. I even have recently phased myself out of a friendship that goes back to when I was 12. The individual is (no surprise) working in the entertainment industry in LA. We've stayed in contact all these years (and I was even his sponsor in absentia about 15 years ago when he was received into the Catholic Church).

However, following a divorce he seems to have made a rather sudden change and is influenced by his liberal girlfriend. Sadly, the changes he'd made years ago now appear to have been quite shallow.

When I look at what is happening to our culture, my patience is very short with those who would undermine the future of my kids and grandkids. Lord have mercy on us.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about your friend, sir.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Dallas Jenkins on the Pride flag

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:56:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#48]

View All Quotes

I was trying to make the point (rather poorly, looking back on it) that one doesn't have to claim any false covenant relationship with God to be punished in any way. Unrepentance of any sin will sentence us to eternal death as much as anything.

Forgive me for the confusion
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Any bets that they'll have problems fundraising for season 5?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top