Serious question, why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stopped reading at "she".
Serious question, why?
Because using the pronoun "she" is just trying to be edgy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Right...

Maybe read the rest of it, and the rest of the first page too.

Oh well to each their own.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Man was created blameless and given one rule and a warning.
 Man viloated that rule and became corrupt and subject to death and separation from God as punishment.
 God had mercy and promised a way out.
 Innocent animals perished so Man could be clothed in skins, this is a Shadow of Jesus (if you want to have your mind blown, get a book on Types and Shadows and read it with an open mind.)
 The Law and scarifice were put into place as a stop gap until the time was ripe.
When the time was ripe (now the Gospel could spread throughout the known World via the Roman Empire) the sacrificial Lamb came and accepted an unjust death.
 Satan, will be the accuser of man when we are judged but Jesus will have paid the penalty for those who believe and God will view those through the perfection of Jesus and Satan's charges will be over ruled.

Its really a beautiful system if  you can look at it objectively. All one has to do is ask and follow.

Read Isiah 53 in the context of a phrophecy and look at the events in the New Testament.  There are  55 distinct prophecies regarding the Messiah written about 7-800 years BC. Under the law of compund probability, there is a 36, 028, 797, 018, 963, 968:1 chance that a single person could fulfill every one of those prophecies.  It would make a Power Ball ticket a sure bet in contrast. Guess who fulfilled every last one?  

God is a Holy God.  There can be no corruption, lies, false promises, vain threats, or dishonesty in God.  He issued a warning and He has to follow through. He promised a gift and He has to follow through.  He has followed through except for a few things that are yet to happen, but they will.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Valid point IF Little pony hadn't explained why he feels God is feminine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 Man viloated that rule and became corrupt and subject to death and separation from God as punishment.
 Innocent animals perished so Man could be clothed in skins, this is a Shadow of Jesus (if you want to have your mind blown, get a book on Types and Shadows and read it with an open mind.)
 The Law and scarifice were put into place as a stop gap until the time was ripe.
When the time was ripe (now the Gospel could spread throughout the known World via the Roman Empire) the sacrificial Lamb came and accepted an unjust death.
 Satan, will be the accuser of man when we are judged but Jesus will have paid the penalty for those who believe and God will view those through the perfection of Jesus and Satan's charges will be over ruled.

Its really a beautiful system if  you can look at it objectively. All one has to do is ask and follow.

Read Isiah 53 in the context of a phrophecy and look at the events in the New Testament.  There are  55 distinct prophecies regarding the Messiah written about 7-800 years BC. Under the law of compund probability, there is a 36, 028, 797, 018, 963, 968:1 chance that a single person could fulfill every one of those prophecies.  It would make a Power Ball ticket a sure bet in contrast. Guess who fulfilled every last one?

God is a Holy God.  There can be no corruption, lies, false promises, vain threats, or dishonesty in God.  He issued a warning and He has to follow through. He promised a gift and He has to follow through.  He has followed through except for a few things that are yet to happen, but they will.
View Quote
I have heard all this many times before and have one big issue with it. It establishes a strong guilt complex. Instilling guilt puts people in a much lower energetic state, where they cannot realize their full potential. Another powerful tool for keeping people down that many religions use is fear. I utterly reject any faith system that speaks of guilt and fear.

I am genuinely interested in the books you mentioned on types and shadows. I know it may be hard for some to wrap their mind around, but even though I reject a faith system I have great respect for them and am fascinated by them and love learning. Is there a specific title I should look for?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have heard all this many times before and have one big issue with it. It establishes a strong guilt complex. Instilling guilt puts people in a much lower energetic state, where they cannot realize their full potential. Another powerful tool for keeping people down that many religions use is fear. I utterly reject any faith system that speaks of guilt and fear.

I am genuinely interested in the books you mentioned on types and shadows. I know it may be hard for some to wrap their mind around, but even though I reject a faith system I have great respect for them and am fascinated by them and love learning. Is there a specific title I should look for?
View Quote
I feel a similar way, why would such laws or mandates exist? But perhaps what bothers me most is the concept of Angels and Demons, why do we need their help to know the difference between right and wrong? We create our own joy and misery, we are our own students and teachers to some degree, the abrahamic God himself is ... ok, but everything else attached to him? Gabriel, Lucifer, Saints, the Pope, Jesus? No thanks.

Eta
Good, Evil, the gray in between? I do not think such human Concepts apply to her.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Valid point IF Little pony hadn't explained why he feels God is feminine.
View Quote
Fine print and all that!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I feel a similar way, why would such laws or mandates exist? But perhaps what bothers me most is the concept of Angels and Demons, why do we need their help to know the difference between right and wrong? We create our own joy and misery, we are our own students and teachers to some degree, the abrahamic God himself is ... ok, but everything else attached to him? Gabriel, Lucifer, Saints, the Pope, Jesus? No thanks.

Eta
Good, Evil, the gray in between? I do not think such human Concepts apply to her.
View Quote
Who said we need demons and angels to know right from wrong?  They are an example...but not needed to establish the fact.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its truly beautiful isn't it? What God has done for us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
for some reason and i dont really know why, in the Avesta, the Yasht's "hymns/prayers basically", number 5, Aban, section one, went threw my mind as i read that.

1. Ahura Mazda spake unto Spitama Zarathushtra, saying: 'Offer up a sacrifice, O Spitama Zarathushtra! unto this spring of mine, Ardvi Sura Anahita, the wide-expanding and health-giving, who hates the Daevas and obeys the laws of Ahura, who is worthy of sacrifice in the material world, worthy of prayer in the material world; the life-increasing and holy, the herd-increasing and holy, the fold-increasing and holy, the wealth-increasing and holy, the country-increasing and holy;
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]
hay @BlackRifle76 in your thread in GD did Timothy: 6 come to your mind?

specifically "they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth"

good words on the nature of those that have no faith in anything.

it came to my mind around page 26 or so when it became a circus
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Eta
View Quote
I fully believe that angels and demons exist (or at least extremely powerful positive and negative spiritual energies), partially because I have personally experienced both. Years ago when I first left the military I was visited a few times by an "angel". This was right after I set the intention to experience more of the unseen. Anyway I woke up a few times and saw very clearly a young girl, my first feeling was horror at there being another person in my room. But that immediately faded to a sense of profound ease, I remember thinking "its OK, shes here". Later I dowsed (yeah I do that witchcraft pendulum thing) for a name and came up with Selomi. On other occasions I have witnessed people who are possessed, best I can describe it is they look like their face is not their own, and their eyes look like pits. Its a look I see almost all of the time in mass shooters.

As to us being our own teachers, I love this concept. I fully believe in disorganized, decentralized faith. In Hermeticism there is the idea that wisdom is there when you are ready to hear it. I believe that idea is at the very core of my belief, I need not church or teacher to see or hear wisdom. When I am ready for it, I will find it.

ETA: have you done any study on Hermeticism? I think you will gain quite a bit from it. If you decide to look into it I recommend getting the Hermetica compiled by Daniel Copenhaver. It is the most complete and has a great introduction explaining the history of it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I fully believe that angels and demons exist (or at least extremely powerful positive and negative spiritual energies), partially because I have personally experienced both. Years ago when I first left the military I was visited a few times by an "angel". This was right after I set the intention to experience more of the unseen. Anyway I woke up a few times and saw very clearly a young girl, my first feeling was horror at there being another person in my room. But that immediately faded to a sense of profound ease, I remember thinking "its OK, shes here". Later I dowsed (yeah I do that witchcraft pendulum thing) for a name and came up with Selomi. On other occasions I have witnessed people who are possessed, best I can describe it is they look like their face is not their own, and their eyes look like pits. Its a look I see almost all of the time in mass shooters.

As to us being our own teachers, I love this concept. I fully believe in disorganized, decentralized faith. In Hermeticism there is the idea that wisdom is there when you are ready to hear it. I believe that idea is at the very core of my belief, I need not church or teacher to see or hear wisdom. When I am ready for it, I will find it.

ETA: have you done any study on Hermeticism? I think you will gain quite a bit from it. If you decide to look into it I recommend getting the Hermetica compiled by Daniel Copenhaver. It is the most complete and has a great introduction explaining the history of it.
View Quote
Hermes right? God now that I think about it, the amount of spiritual exploration of the late Stone Age to the Bronze Age all over the world is quite amazing, much is lost as well
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#17]
While I do not believe in angels or demons I do know that there is something here, but I think it is a human creation, it seems like it is existed since around the time the creation of Agriculture, it is a double edged sword, used by both heroes and villains, the intelligent, and those that use it most of all

The ignorant.

And what I am talking about is hope

Hope

It can be innocent, like doing rain dance in hopes of having water for the crops, or to use something more recent and terrifying, it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time

it will work this time

It seems that it is so powerful that it has a mind of its own, so great yet so terrible as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its been a while since I studied that aspect and I've been through three moves.    Can't remember any of the names off of the top of my head, I'll see if I can dig one out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Um........no. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hermes right? God now that I think about it, the amount of spiritual exploration of the late Stone Age to the Bronze Age all over the world is quite amazing, much is lost as well
View Quote
Yup Hermes is what he was called by the Greeks, Mercury by the Romans, Thoth by the Egyptians.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
While I do not believe in angels or demons I do know that there is something here, but I think it is a human creation, it seems like it is existed since around the time the creation of Agriculture, it is a double edged sword, used by both heroes and villains, the intelligent, and those that use it most of all

The ignorant.

And what I am talking about is hope

Hope

It can be innocent, like doing rain dance in hopes of having water for the crops, or to use something more recent and terrifying, it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time it will work this time

it will work this time
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/killing-tree-killing-fields-cambodia-bracelets-choeung-ek-where-khmer-rouge-killed-small-children-beating-78586527.jpg
It seems that it is so powerful that it has a mind of its own, so great yet so terrible as well.
View Quote
That is a really interesting concept and it makes sense. In that context hope is like verbally setting an intention. This can be very powerful and I have done it many times. The spoken word can be more powerful than most know, and if you speak without doubt things will manifest.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup Hermes is what he was called by the Greeks, Mercury by the Romans, Thoth by the Egyptians.
View Quote
Read up on him a little bit just now, contemporary to Abraham? This guy is ancient, Stone Age Era stuff.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That is a really interesting concept and it makes sense. In that context hope is like verbally setting an intention. This can be very powerful and I have done it many times. The spoken word can be more powerful than most know, and if you speak without doubt things will manifest.
View Quote
... I like the way you think of things, glad your here f

Eta, what they manifest into is the million-dollar question.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Um........no. 
View Quote
Why not Marine?

@wildearp
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Its been a while since I studied that aspect and I've been through three moves.    Can't remember any of the names off of the top of my head, I'll see if I can dig one out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that I think about it religion may use fear, but politics uses Fear FAR more
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Read up on him a little bit just now, contemporary to Abraham? This guy is ancient, Stone Age Era stuff.
View Quote
Yup a vast majority of what we know as the Hermetica is from tablets and inscriptions in Egypt dating back 6000 years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup a vast majority of what we know as the Hermetica is from tablets and inscriptions in Egypt dating back 6000 years.
View Quote
So we also lost a lot of it when Alexandria was destroyed, how tragic.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Not only the burning of Alexandria but also the burning of the library of Baghdad and the looting of Constantinople. We have lost sooo much wisdom because the children of Abraham (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) have been threatened by it and decided to destroy it.

ETA: The fortunate thing about the Hermetica is it was the cornerstone of an ancient mystery school (the Masons are in this line), so it would have been defended and protected by initiates and most likely not in a library. But we undoubtedly lost wisdom in those events.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do I have a question? No, I just felt the need to share it for some reason, don't really know why, like most of my threads actually

@BlackRifle76
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have a question or are you wanting comments on your beliefs?
Do I have a question? No, I just felt the need to share it for some reason, don't really know why, like most of my threads actually

@BlackRifle76
Interesting views, I don't agree with them but thanks for sharing.

If I might ask, how familiar are you with the Bible and understanding the scriptures? I'm just really learning them myself, but I thought I knew more than it turns out I do for a loooong time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If I might ask, how familiar are you with the Bible and understanding the scriptures?
View Quote
Anytime
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I applaud you for this, seriously.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Civil discourse that is civil?! Impossible!
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why not Marine?

@wildearp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um........no.  
Why not Marine?

@wildearp
I was too busy for the wall of text.  Needed Cliff's notes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was too busy for the wall of text.  Needed Cliff's notes.
View Quote
Brutally honest as always
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#35]
@OldArmy

Also as far as what I know of the scripture side, I only really know the Roman Catholic or Mormon point of view, I do not know much about Protestant, Quaker, or Lutheran for instance.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@OldArmy

Also as far as what I know of the scripture side, I only really know the Roman Catholic or Mormon point of view, I do not know much about Protestant, Quaker, or Lutheran for instance.
View Quote
Maybe you should try reading the Bible with the mind of a child. Free of preconceived ideas and religious dogma, while praying for guidance and discernment from the Holy Spirit.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe you should try reading the Bible with the mind of a child. Free of preconceived ideas and religious dogma, while praying for guidance and discernment from the Holy Spirit.
View Quote
I did a long time ago, I grew up in a Democrat, Catholic Family, it is not for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@OldArmy

I actually have a problem with this, but I'm on my phone at work. When I get home and have a moment to do my reply justice (assuming I don't forget) I'll explain why.

Also, your reply seems strange to me since he said without preconceived ideas and religious dogma.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Problem may be to strong a word, more like issue I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Problem may be to strong a word, more like issue I suppose.
View Quote
I can wait

@OldArmy
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Okay well still on my phone at work but here's the quick version.

Maybe read Acts chapter 8 for more depth.

Acts 8:30 (ESV) So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
Acts 8:31 (ESV)
31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

That said, finding the person to help guide is critical. Personally I'm no fan of "preachers". I much prefer pastor's that teach the word. I recently finally found one. Stumbled into him more accurately. He will read a portion normally about a chapter of the Bible tends to go in order most of the time through a book. But then goes back and brakes it down explains his analysis and backs it up with other examples (in correct context I might add). Then maybe does a little preaching but mostly focuses on the teaching.

IMOif you could find a pastor similar and perhaps speak with him about your issues with the Bible and God he might be able to offer clarification. The pastor I speak of is Presbyterian btw.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#42]
RSR556, I want to make it clear I'm not saying your wrong in what you said, it's entirely possible that approach would be successful as well. I just don't think it's the best approach.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Acts 8:30 (ESV) So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

That said, finding the person to help guide is critical. Personally I'm no fan of "preachers". I much prefer pastor's that teach the word. I recently finally found one. Stumbled into him more accurately. He will read a portion normally about a chapter of the Bible tends to go in order most of the time through a book. But then goes back and brakes it down explains his analysis and backs it up with other examples (in correct context I might add). Then maybe does a little preaching but mostly focuses on the teaching.

IMOif you could find a pastor similar and perhaps speak with him about your issues with the Bible and God he might be able to offer clarification. The pastor I speak of is Presbyterian btw.
View Quote
Hmm neat
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is an extremely sound concept. With ANY religious or philosophical text we can start the process of understanding, but especially with religious texts there are so many layers of wisdom that you cannot get it all on your own.

ETA: It is made harder still by the fabrications and willing and knowing miss translations in the Bible stemming from the middle ages. The letters of Paul are mostly fabrications, written by a man by the name of Marcion (he was declared a heretic for this in the 6th century, but latter canonized, we currently use the cannon he compiled). The most notable miss translation from the middle ages is in the first paragraph to John, "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was with God", in the older Greek and Aramaic texts it reads "in the beginning there was the word and the word was toward God". This was changed in the 8th century to distance the church from Gnostic belief. This passage supports the Gnostic idea that through knowledge we can attain oneness with God again. The word or knowledge quite literally moves you toward God.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#45]
@dillonivik

Quoted:
This is an extremely sound concept. With ANY religious or philosophical text we can start the process of understanding, but especially with religious texts there are so many layers of wisdom that you cannot get it all on your own.

ETA: It is made harder still by the fabrications and willing and knowing miss translations in the Bible stemming from the middle ages. The letters of Paul are mostly fabrications, written by a man by the name of Marcion (he was declared a heretic for this in the 6th century, but latter canonized, we currently use the cannon he compiled). The most notable miss translation from the middle ages is in the first paragraph to John, "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was with God", in the older Greek and Aramaic texts it reads "in the beginning there was the word and the word was toward God". This was changed in the 8th century to distance the church from Gnostic belief. This passage supports the Gnostic idea that through knowledge we can attain oneness with God again. The word or knowledge quite literally moves you toward God.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember new Christian so I don't have everything memorized or anything. But are you talking about the 7 letters that were sent to the main 7 churches across Israel?
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
That one bit, that is in quite a few religions in a sense, however where do you get the knowledge or what is the knowledge seems to be the question.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@dillonivik

Remember new Christian so I don't have everything memorized or anything. But are you talking about the 7 letters that were sent to the main 7 churches across Israel?
View Quote
Yeah those are the ones. I forget with ones exactly were altered so I would have to did a bit. Honestly when I studied I stuck to the gospels because of this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah those are the ones. I forget with ones exactly were altered so I would have to did a bit. Honestly when I studied I stuck to the gospels because of this.
View Quote
what is the truth and what is fabrication?

Christianity and Islam are lucky to be young enough to have most of it recorded by third parties, but Hindu? some parts of Zoroaster and Jewish texts? good luck, you will need it, does not help with the loss of some of the great libraries

eta, you know another thing bothers me, what about before? i mean before most, before the Yellow Emperor or Liturgy to Nintud, writing has been around for 8 to 6 thousand years, what was lost?

just read about the case of the Oracle Bones really depressing.

Xu Yahui states: "No one can know how many oracle bones, prior to 1899, were ground up by traditional Chinese pharmacies and disappeared into peoples' stomachs."

... it pains me to think about it

@dillonivik
@OldArmy
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@dillonivik

Can/would you please give a credible source to this claim? Earlier you said fabricated, now you're saying altered. That's not the same thing, and this is the first time I have ever heard anyone claim they were fabricated or altered.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I can agree with that.

I have read from people "that perhaps God shows themself in a form that we find most calming"

For some people maybye it would be a big dog, for others maybe something that reminds them of their grandfather, or me, a mother, something I've never truly had.
View Quote
Get on tinder. Browse. Find the first single mother thats good looking. You can have a mother afterall...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top