Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2017 7:35:16 PM EDT
He said he's been trying to believe for years and I'm obviously very concerned for him at this point. He is my only sibling, two years younger than me, we love one another a lot. I've had a long conversation with him on the phone and have been trying to help him navigate through this, as he lives 5 states away. I know ultimately it's between him and God and I have prayed for him.

He's never fell on his knees in utter surrender to God in total desperation. He knows about the miracles in my life and he has even had miracles in his own life and has confessed them to me. I don't know what has happened to him. God has richly blessed him both financially and in health. He seems to have fell into the lies and arrogance of the likes of Christopher Hitchens, among others.

I was thinking about something tonight while doing some research to share with him and decided to post it here for you all as well.

People who don't believe in God and subscribe to evolution don't have an explanation for the existence and origin of matter. Specifically, what I'm talking about is the creation of the Universe.

They always go back to the old question "Where did God come from?" or "Who created God?"

That question however is one founded in folly.

It is my opinion that He exists outside of time, space, and matter. He was in existence before He created those things. It seems to me that scripture also backs this up in several places.

God says this: "I AM THAT I AM"

Charles Ellicott's commentary for English readers says this about that verse:

I AM THAT I AM.--It is generally assumed that this is given to Moses as the full name of God. But perhaps it is rather a deep and mysterious statement of His nature. "I am that which I am." My nature, i.e., cannot be declared in words, cannot be conceived of by human thought. I exist in such sort that my whole inscrutable nature is implied in my existence. I exist, as nothing else does--necessarily, eternally, really. If I am to give myself a name expressive of my nature, so far as language can be, let me be called "I AM."
Tell them I AM hath sent me unto you.--I AM, assumed as a name, implies (1) an existence different from all other existence. "I am, and there is none beside me" (Isaiah 45:6); (2) an existence out of time, with which time has nothing to do (John 8:58); (3), an existence that is real, all other being shadowy; (4) an independent and unconditioned existence, from which all other is derived, and on which it is dependent.

I will continue to witness to him and leave it in God's hands.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted this in GD but it is probably more appropriate here.....

My only brother was the religious one in the family for basically our whole life. Very religious. I was the black sheep who never went to church after I had a choice.

Fast forward 30 years. I am now the "religious" one and he has lost his faith.  Go figure.

PS.  You sure like to stir the GD pot BlackRifle
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I posted this in GD but it is probably more appropriate here.....

My only brother was the religious one in the family for basically our whole life. Very religious. I was the black sheep who never went to church after I had a choice.

Fast forward 30 years. I am now the "religious" one and he has lost his faith.  Go figure.

PS.  You sure like to stir the GD pot BlackRifle
View Quote
There are a lot of Christians that don't come to the Religion forum.

The positive is that posting in GD gets more people thinking about the topic and hopefully thinking about God.

Maybe the thread will help somebody else going through something similar in one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Again?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I prayed and continue to pray that God opens his heart.  I also pray for you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prayed and continue to pray that God opens his heart.  I also pray for you.
View Quote
Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top