Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 1:54:39 PM EDT
Hi, I dont have a lot of time right now to try and sort this all out, maybe someone else has reviewed all this already?

What is 'The Way Commission' and what are they trying to accomplish?

Only thing I can vaguely get so far is its the LGBLTQ infiltrators trying to suck a bunch of money from the UMC.

Or a bunch of LGBLTQ people mad because generic videos on the site are generic and not "transparent", whatever it is they want.

Thanks ar15 for the insight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi, I dont have a lot of time right now to try and sort this all out, maybe someone else has reviewed all this already?

.................. and what are they trying to accomplish?
View Quote

Keep from losing members?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep from losing members?
View Quote
Yeah looks like it. 
Its all very vague and in 'corporate speak', i.e. the only info I found so far is like powerpoint presentations so you know what I mean right.

I saw several blog posts by LGBTQ who appear upset about being left out, so I suppose I was wrong in reading that take on it.

Some changes they made at the corporate level have made a lot of sense, for example in regards to each Churchs' obligation to fund the National level.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
In my view, the UMC has known for decades it is losing members at a horrendous rate.  What to do?  What to do?  Since UMC leadership believes in liberalism as opposed to Christianity, the solution must be more liberalism!  Since the people leaving are straight white Evangelicals who tend to own guns (how unchristian!), and who tend to vote Republican, it is their fault.  We must be more inclusive by appealing to people that are not straight, not white, and do not have an obsolete understanding of the bible!!  Since we cannot convince these deplorable people with logic or biblical interpretation, we will just impose our view on them and they will learn to like it once they are corrected in their obsolete beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I read the description on the UMC site.  

I was raised in the UMC.  It's  always been a "where the rubber meets the road" church focused on individuals/institutions serving people as the hands n feet of the body.  

But the humanism and political liberalism ( like religious liberalism) that invaded it makes their statements seem very self serving and very much "I Me Mine" selfish.  
Focusing more on glorifying themselves as members of the body of Christ and not as much focused on
Christ as the head and Gods Word as the measure.  
Sorry if that's rambling.  Hard to put it into words.
The spirit of it all seems very selfish, self centered and as insecure pandering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top