Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2017 10:58:05 AM EDT
this popped up on YouTube,  so of course I watched it. Supposedly it is the fulfillment of a prophecy in Revelations that will occur on 9/23/17, and bring about some big event.

I personally think if you try hard enough,  you can make coincidences fit any narrative.  Still interesting.

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/xn_l2yS6H2o
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
One of my friends sent me a similar link a couple of weeks ago.  I find it entertaining, but ultimately, nothing more.
I did find it interesting that the proposed birth of Christ was 9/11.  The argument presented in the video I as watching made a compelling case.

What I do find irritating is that most, if not all, of the authors of these videos want you to get worked up into believing the return of Christ is 9/23...just in case they're right.
They throw a disclaimer in along the lines of "I'm not saying he is and I'm not saying he isn't coming back 9/23".

I find this one interesting as well.

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
After studying on this since March of this year, I have formed some opinions on the matter.

1. As for the 9/23/17 celestial alignment being what is described in Rev. 12:1 and 2, I can't find anything that falsifies this interpretation. I also can't find anything that really supports this interpretation enough to make me confident in it. That leaves me at "maybe, maybe not, let's wait and see what happens".

2. As far as people believing this is going to be the pre trib rapture, oh boy. I am willing to bet this will be a huge spiritual disappointment for these folk. They are ignoring a lot of contradictory details in Rev. 12 that just doesn't fit the pre trib rapture doctrine (which I don't believe in).

3. Something interesting about all this is that the big name preachers are refusing to acknowledge this movement exists, even though they are getting tons of questions from their followers about it. I strongly suspect that they can't make money on it with the date so close, and it is too controversial to take a position on, so they don't. What did Jesus say in John 10 about hirelings?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a compendium of the info on this. 

IMO, it matches the description given by John in Revelation 12:1-2, and there is no other time in the heavens that fits this description as precisely (or more) to John's description as this one does. 

The popular prophecy people are flat-out calling this false without actually addressing the alignment itself as it relates to the text. There has been some attempts to claim it isn't unique, but those have been pretty well refuted. The thing about this is that it is the convergence of several astronomical events that individually have repeated throughout history; but being all together, is what makes it a unique event in human history. I think GST is correct in the motivation behind this for some - there is an incentive to call this false and "speculation" because it actually removes speculation and cuts into their business of selling books and videos speculating how the end times will happen. They'll all have egg on their faces also, because this does not conform with any popular preacher's end times timeline chart. 

There is still a question as to what the Sign of the Dragon is in Rev. 12:3-4. The possibilities is that it relates to the constellations of Draco, Serpens, and/or Hydra, the red giant stars of Antares or Arcturus, or a yet future unexpected celestial event, which is strongly suggested (IMO) by the use of "behold" in verse 3, but not in verse 1-2. The Greek word for "behold" is used to call attention to something (like we say "look,...."), or it can call attention to a unexpected or seemingly impossible event (as we say "look!!!").

Some are taking this as a rapture sign. If we are to take Revelation 12:5 to mean the church is the child here, then the Rapture is pre-trib, given the seven years the Woman is on the run (which is the 70th week of Daniel)as described in Rev 12:6 and 14. This chapter has been historically the primary passage in support of Pre-trib. Read the compendium link on how the justification for this is linguistically in the text.

IMO it doesn't matter if nothing else happens on Sept. 23rd, the fact is that the Great Sign given by John in Rev. 12:1-2 is present in the heavens, as he described it, on Sept. 23rd 2017. That in itself is a fulfillment of prophecy that should excite people looking for the return of Jesus - whatever else that happens during or after that is part of the only timeline chart that matters: God's. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Serious discussion only please. ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Have we done this.....besides the giant thread in GD?

I hope the rapture happens on the 23'd.  I hope it happens every single day though and have for the past 40+ years.  

Maranatha.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have we done this.....besides the giant thread in GD?

I hope the rapture happens on the 23'd.  I hope it happens every single day though and have for the past 40+ years.  

Maranatha.
View Quote
I don't.  Every single day that we are here more and more people are saved.  Why would I want that to stop?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't.  Every single day that we are here more and more people are saved.  Why would I want that to stop?
View Quote
I'm thankful that I'm not in charge of that part---it's way above my pay grade.  I believe that many will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus after the rapture.  (I'm a pre-trib guy).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top