Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 348
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  The plug goes in to the motor and the two motors are entirely different.  Round pins on the old, flat on the new.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
What year vette?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#3]
2004.  She is a teenager now.  She just lays around and sleeps most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody hit the off switch for work.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one little job away from the hurricane tomorrow morning then I need to go towards it to pick up another transfer case so I can swap it again this weekend. I don't even know if I'll be able to work Monday with all the rain supposed to be hanging around.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Flagged a whopping 1.7 hrs today, doing comebacks for a tech who called in sick.

FML. I hate working in a dealership.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I started a rear window regulator on a clk convertible.  You know you are in for a shit show when it pays 4.8.  Remove rear seat, side panels, airbag, seat belt extender, a billion screws of varying sizes and half are hidden...  Remove awkwardly shaped large steel panel, finally unbolt stuck glass and extract regulator.  I got the new one bolted on and the big metal panel in before I called it done for the day.  

Then I went home and finished the one in the corvette.  Which took hours to do because nothing is ever simple when your ocd  kicks in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have an exploded view of a borg warner 44-46 t case?

I got another new one to put in and I'm debating my options.

1. Tear apart the one I put in 2 weeks ago and see what's loose and where the noise is coming from and see if I can fix it.

2. Put the new new one in and don't touch the other and drop it by a dealer somewhere and let them look at it and repair or replace under their 2yr parts warranty.

3. Find a junk case to take back for a core and fix the other and I'll have a spare.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
What year/brand truck?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:30:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: newguy2k3] [#11]
2015 ram 5500

I'm pretty sure it's the same as a 2500/3500 except it has a spicer flange in the output shaft rather than a slip yoke. It's electric shift.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, I was at work and got slammed the last 3 hours. If you still need it monday I will look it up on alldata and see if they have anything.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:
2015 ram 5500

I'm pretty sure it's the same as a 2500/3500 except it has a spicer flange in the output shaft rather than a slip yoke. It's electric shift.
View Quote
My shopkey has nothing.  Up to 3500.  But I only got it for cars.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I said screw it and swapped it out, again. Ratcheting, popping noise went away.

Considering I put that case in 2 weeks ago it almost has to be something that wasn't installed right and is coming loose. Started hearing the noise Tuesday afternoon and it had only gotten worse and lasted longer since. Probably has about 2k miles on it.

It's something to do with power going through to the rear axle. Put it in gear and it ratchets up and takes out whatever lash is inside the case. Put it in neutral and back to drive and it generally doesn't do it but got forward to reverse, let it rock forward and backward against the parking brake pawl and it does it. It 4wd it is less so because I guess the front driveline catches the input shaft and doesn't let it take up the gear lash or whatever it is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
So I did something that I figured would be simple and help increase longevity of our stupid little rc truck.  I drilled small holes in the differentials, filled them with 85w90 gear oil and sealed the holes with silicone.  It made a surprising difference.  The little bastard started doing four wheel peelouts and gained several mph on the top end.  

It was great.  A little messy, because  the oil seeps out over time, but totally worth it.  I don't play with it much.  Maybe a half hour once a week if that.  Well I started hearing a popping under full braking.  Eventually it did it under full throttle acceleration.  I loaded the drivetrain  and torqued the front wheel until it began popping.  Then I tore down the front differential and found my pinion gear was destroyed.   I tore down the rear end and found chipped teeth there too.  Two new take out differential assemblies and a new front bumper are on the way and a set of locking wheel nuts from China.  

The factory uses grease for the gears and I guess they did it for just this reason.  

Jumping it is fun.  But oh man it's hard on the parts.  

I took advantage of the teardown and cleaned it up and lubed the wheel bearings. It might be a while before it gets reassembled.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
My tech gave her two week notice.  Damn.  Now I might actually have to work again.  Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes mr customer, your Camaro that you said replace the hid ballast because it was bad, it needs a $300 bulb also. No sir, the ballast was installed already and there is no return on special order parts anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tmleadr03:
My tech gave her two week notice.  Damn.  Now I might actually have to work again.  Fuck that noise.
View Quote
Time to close up shop and retire, no????
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Skweeker:

Time to close up shop and retire, no????
View Quote
That or hire someone I suppose.  It is such a pain to hire these days. Of course I don't know how it was back "in the day" but I am having a hell of time finding decent staff.  Took a year to come across this tech.  Trained her and she worked for me for two years.  Now she is getting out of the field.  Ah well.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#20]
That or hire someone I suppose.  It is such a pain to hire these days. Of course I don't know how it was back "in the day" but I am having a hell of time finding decent staff.  Took a year to come across this tech.  Trained her and she worked for me for two years.  Now she is getting out of the field.  Ah well.
View Quote
wait, wut?

she's leaving the field?

she just got trained?  she's just probably starting to get good at it

You're in Denver IIRC, hot market for assholes in german cars (but i repeat myself. :-) ) and hot job market
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I put my resume on indeed and have been getting lots of emails from pepboys of other shops. Look and see what's on that site local.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone not shit on porters?

Worked at a dealership in college. Replaced high useless schleps and brought on another good person. Busted ass, organized the shit out of the lot, did cartwheels for the techs, etc.

It took over an entire year to not be shit on by the entire dealership. Even then a solid 25% had no respect for a lowly porter.

I enjoy going back for parts and witnessing their misery
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BozemanMT:

wait, wut?

she's leaving the field?

You're in Denver IIRC, hot market for assholes in german cars (but i repeat myself. :-) ) and hot job market
View Quote
She got a job working for AllState as an aftermarket insurance underwriter.  Making 49k a  year with full benefits.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#24]
She got a job working for AllState as an aftermarket insurance underwriter.  Making 49k a  year with full benefits.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BozemanMT:

wait, wut?

she's leaving the field?

Had a buddy that underwrote for Geico, wasn't a bad gig, especially if she now has an understanding of mechanics and cars, plus its easier on the body.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:

Had a buddy that underwrote for Geico, wasn't a bad gig, especially if she now has an understanding of mechanics and cars, plus its easier on the body.
View Quote
It's hard to fault her.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]
My fifteen year veteran tech had his last day today.  Didn't tell anyone that he was leaving.  I knew, didn't care.  This is the guy that doesn't even own a drill.  Uses a half inch impact with reducers for everything.  

Well, bye.  

Saved us the trouble of firing him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Where's he going?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Possibly carvana.  Gives different answers to people, acts like it's a big secret.  As if we really cared.  

Most of us are simply thrilled that he is gone.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Cleaned up the mess in supertechs former bay.  Had an interesting day.  Everyone on the team needs to turn an additional seven tenths per day to cover the loss of supertech.  

I got a maybach 57s to work on.  2007 with 40k miles.  Excellent condition.  Still wrote it for North of $20k.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Heres a perplexing one.  Tonight on the way home from work, i stopped to get beer, backed out of the parking spot, and the driver side tie rod fell off of my jeep.  

So i pull into a spot, get out, put it back on, and go home.  It just hit me that the nut was still on the rod end while it was on the ground, and theres no damage to the knuckle.  How the fuck did it come out?  It is physically impossible for that nut to fit through the hole, and thats the only path it could have taken.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By EFB16ACRX:
Heres a perplexing one.  Tonight on the way home from work, i stopped to get beer, backed out of the parking spot, and the driver side tie rod fell off of my jeep.  

So i pull into a spot, get out, put it back on, and go home.  It just hit me that the nut was still on the rod end while it was on the ground, and theres no damage to the knuckle.  How the fuck did it come out?  It is physically impossible for that nut to fit through the hole, and thats the only path it could have taken.
View Quote
Did you piss someone off at work?  Had a coworker years ago who had his tie rods cut, fortunately he or his wife were not injured.  Cops called and he was muttering something about 12g.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#32]
08 Tahoe is towed in a couple weeks ago. Dead tcm. Replace that and it's good to go as well as it can for the piece of crap it is.

Get towed back in a couple more times. Wrecker driver drive it on the flat bed every time.

They bought it used 2 years ago.

She's trying to get it bought back cause it's a lemon

Yea it's a lemon alright. Big ole turd.

One time trans speed sensor wiring was gone. Eversinchya didn't work that time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:

Did you piss someone off at work?  Had a coworker years ago who had his tie rods cut, fortunately he or his wife were not injured.  Cops called and he was muttering something about 12g.
View Quote
Seems like the obvious answer except i work in warrenton and i made it to marshall.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Went to the tail of the Dragon today.  They took the fun out of this road by having a strictly enforced 30mph speed limit, and it's heavily traveled.  All sorts of motorcycles, all kinds of cars and trucks, and even rvs.  I don't believe that I will return.  The best run i had is when I tried to stay at 30mph no matter what.  It made a few tight curves more interesting, but overall I didn't find it worth the drive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#35]
http://sixgap.com/
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Ac in my 01 Jetta hasn't been cooling well at idle for a few months so I decided to look at it today.

140/50psi at idle, fans are turning, shop fan in front of the car makes no difference. 84f ambient and 56 out vents on low. A few minutes at ~2k rpm and I have 170/30 and 40f from the vents.

Pressures seem wonky but maybe 2yrs ago I ripped the whole dash out to replace foam on the blend doors, new condenser, etc. When I charged it up it was showing something similar but it was blowing 40 then so I stopped, didn't overthink it and enjoyed cold ac.

I think I'm gonna try another expansion valve. The compressor can't have more than 20-30k on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By OldArmy:
http://sixgap.com/
View Quote
We blasted through our "usual" sunday morning drive, and only encountered one asshole the entire time.  He ruined the entire stretch of 209 by refusing to pull over and let us by because his lexus prius thingy was obviously capable of doing 30mph and that was fast enough.  

It was a good time this morning until the traffic started.  

Early in the copperhead loop some guy in an SI Honda thingy tried to keep it real, but eventually I got him to let us by too.  40mph isn't as exhilarating as I'd like.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Broke down and bought a new roll cart

Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Work has turned to junk.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#41]
We've even got another service truck on the road now and we're still swamped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:
We've even got another service truck on the road now and we're still swamped.
View Quote
Glad it's going well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#44]
2018 2500 6.0

10th one of these through the shop.

Rocker arms are offset and thin. All have been #3 intake.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#45]
tow in no start 14 Malibu

buy here pay here car lot has the car turned off

pay me my hour
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jeep450:
2018 2500 6.0

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99144/IMG_9070-318592.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99144/IMG_9066-318593.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99144/IMG_9063-318594.JPG
View Quote
Wow good thing it didn't push the spring down and not he valve causing the retainers to fall out. That would have been real bad.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Wow good thing it didn't push the spring down and not he valve causing the retainers to fall out. That would have been real bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By jeep450:
2018 2500 6.0

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99144/IMG_9070-318592.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99144/IMG_9066-318593.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99144/IMG_9063-318594.JPG
Like this one

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Try explaining to people that over filling  an engine with oil will cause catastrophic failure.  

Jiffy lube double filled an m271.  The lanchester shafts do a great job acting as a windage  tray for one through three.   Number four, well he has a big open space under him.  So all the extra oil kinda ends up there.  Start slapping a piston down in a pool of oil repeatedly at high speed and eventually the piston will fail around the pin area.   It does a number on the rod bearings too.  It punched large holes in the block, put part of the rod in to the starter, and after all that, it was still over filled with oil.  

They Actually Paid Thirteen Hours For A Teardown And Inspection When It Was Clearly Blowed Up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:28:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 348
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top