Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:54:53 PM EDT
i remember a thread within the past few weeks that discussed hybrid vehicles and how they are not practical right now. can someone please give me a link to that thread and/or offer some information they may know about hybrid vehicles? i have to do a report on them soon and could use the insight

thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:17:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 5:23:09 AM EDT by Admiral_Crunch]

Originally Posted By sirbordsalot311:
I have to do a report on them soon and could use the insight

HA!

Actually, whether they're practical is very much a matter of debate and depends largely on how one drives and what your priorities are. (ie saving money, reducing emissions, reducing oil usage, having a cool techno-toy, etc)

Plus, there is a lot of mis-information out there.

For a VERY comprehensive site on the Prius and other hybrids to a smaller extent, check here: john1701a.com/
The guy's a liberal enviro-weenie, but he knows the Prius inside and out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:26:21 AM EDT
Popular Mechanics did a decent article a few months back about this. You might check there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:05:53 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:59:03 PM EDT
I am currently driving a '05 civic hybrid.. I love it. It is a current company car. I am not a sissy boy i own a nice ar. But if i were buying a car today i would not buy a hybrid. Its not the car. I get between 45-51 MPG. We also have a base model civic that we bought for one of our salesman. at almost 3 G less he gets between 37-40 MPG.... I would go with a base model civic...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:59:46 PM EDT
I did a long report on hyrids a year ago for Eng-101.. i'll try to find what i used for sources.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:33:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wgates011:
I did a long report on hyrids a year ago for Eng-101.. i'll try to find what i used for sources.

much appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
If you need specific info on Honda hybrids I can help you out.

If you want to drive one they have been very reliable, but I think I would lease one rather than buy for now. Hybrid components are VERY expensive but are warrantied to 8/80.
They do not make economical sense but do have a high cool/tech factor to them.
Top Top