Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 3:14:12 PM EDT
New to the site been looking around and must say y'all have some great rides.  Here is a pic of my current bike.

2003 Rockster
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e342/sully026/Bike2.jpg

Since this pic was taken I've changed the exhaust and excised the carbon canister and the catalytic convertor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
nice bimmer man
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
nice bimmer man

wouldn't that be a beemer, and the cars are "bimmers"?  Or am I backwards?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
They make cars too?

Nice Rockster.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
nice bimmer man

Nope you're right.

Bimmer - car
Beemer - bike

(from a guy I ride with who's owned BMW bikes since 1975)

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the Site, Nice Bike
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
nice bimmer man

Nope you're right.

Bimmer - car
Beemer - bike

wow...didnt know that, guess i learn something new every day.  

are they pronounced the same?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice bike.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
nice bimmer man

Nope you're right.

Bimmer - car
Beemer - bike

wow...didnt know that, guess i learn something new every day.  

are they pronounced the same?

I've heard them pronounced differently (from guys that swear by BMW cars and will drive nothing else), but I can't type phoenitic spellings, so bear with me here:

Bike = beemer, prounced beam-er
car = bimmer, prounced, well, bim-mer (not like beam...sorry, like I said, I can't type phoenitic spellings)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice ride...  I tried to ride my BMW R1100R across the country last year and broke down in Kansas.  So I had a lot of time to look and drool on a bike like yours.  Very nice ride...   How fast will it go?  Mine has 40 fewer horses than yours and only 5 gears so it tops out at 119.   I love mine, even though it is not as fast as I would like.  If I get another BMW, I will keep this one as it is just a dream ride.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
With the new exhaust and the elimination of the catalytic convertor and carbon canister I can push 140 on a good long straight.  This bike really isn't designed for top end though.  The low end is unbelievable making it tough to keep the front end on the ground in first and second.  Not that that is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Bought myself a K1200LT in '02 and love it.  Enjoy your beemer, and welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice bike, congrats......

Nice helmet also, looks like an X-11 maybe ????
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#13]
The helmet in the picture is a rf900 picotte replica.  Unfortunately it is no longer with us as it had an unfortunate encounter with the pavement at Road Atlanta.  It did, however, preserve my noggin.  Currently wearing an arai rx-7.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The helmet in the picture is a rf900 picotte replica.  Unfortunately it is no longer with us as it had an unfortunate encounter with the pavement at Road Atlanta.  It did, however, preserve my noggin.  Currently wearing an arai rx-7.

At least it did its job !!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
They make cars too?

Would not have known either until I passed one the other day on my GS. See ya at the rallys!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top