Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:55:41 AM EDT
I have a CBR600F4 that I've repainted.  I laid it down a year ago and re-painted the bike in Dodge Viper Red.  The tank was undamaged so I didn't paint it then, but now it bugs me.  Here's a pic of the bike before my repaint (not my actual bike):

I stripped the stickers from the fairings and painted them so now they are now solid red.  The front and tail fairings are also Viper red.  The tank looks out of place because it still has those black "wingtips" and Honda logos on it.  I plan to remove those and basecoat the tank with the Viper red and put a design on the tank to give it a special look.  A local shop is going to do the clearcoat and probably the design too since I'm terrible with clearcoat.  So what do you think I should put on my tank?  And no, I will not paint a little AR-15 on it.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Something like this?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Something like this?

billjax.smugmug.com/photos/40088172-M.jpg

Abomination!!  

I'm really thinking about putting a barbed wire design around the gas cap.  I think that would look kinda neat.  It's a matter of what to put on the sides.  I also want to get a small japanese character for "luck" stenciled somewhere on it.  When I laid it down I lucked out that I did not do any major damage to myself.  It will serve as a reminder not to do stupid things again.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not a little design of an AR on it?  I actually think it's a good idea.  Do you have anyother serious interests other than guns, maybe if you're a hunter you could paint a deer on it or something if the AR isn't your thing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Some barb wire and squigly lines??

This rendition was done with Paint program, so excuse the coarseness .
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the ideas folks.  I really just want something on the tank.  I will probably put a stylized "HONDA" back on there just so people know what it is.  The reason I do not want a little AR on there is because I may have to sell the bike one day.  I might be excluding potential buyers if they're not into that kind of thing.  See where I'm coming from?  MJD
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the ideas folks.  I really just want something on the tank.  I will probably put a stylized "HONDA" back on there just so people know what it is.  The reason I do not want a little AR on there is because I may have to sell the bike one day.  I might be excluding potential buyers if they're not into that kind of thing.  See where I'm coming from?  MJD

Gotcha.

A flag might be a good idea.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top