Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 6:02:37 PM EDT
I've got a bitchin' Pontiac G6 GTP with V6 as a rental car, but the manual shifting portion of the transmission wont work, it just acts as another 'Drive' position. No matter when or how I hit the + or -, the car picks its own gear and it gives no indication of the current gear (as I'm used to on other cars with "manual" automatics) when in the manual position.

Any ideas? Have I been locked out, and can I unlock it?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got a bitchin' Pontiac G6 GTP with V6 as a rental car, but the manual shifting portion of the transmission wont work, it just acts as another 'Drive' position. No matter when or how I hit the + or -, the car picks its own gear and it gives no indication of the current gear (as I'm used to on other cars with "manual" automatics) when in the manual position.

Any ideas? Have I been locked out, and can I unlock it?

Kharn

Can you move back to "Drive?"
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it will go right back to drive from manual.
I'm trying to find out if there's some funky way the rental company could lock the transmission out of the manual mode (so people like me couldnt have some fun with it), like turn the key five times, pump brake twice and move the front seat forward while adjusting the driver's side mirror.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry, what I meant is you mentioned that you were locked.  That meant to me that you couldn't move from manual to drive.  Is there any way you can take it back to the rental car place?  I don't think you could take it to a dealer, since it isn't "your" car.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
A rental, I'm betting they locked it out.
My Dodge Stratus has the "autostick" same idea as your Pontiac, Biggest friggen waste of time IMHO. It is absolutely no substitute for a stick.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh well, I'm too busy today to take it back to the rental place, I'll just ask about it when I return it. And continue to drive it like I stole it in the mean-time.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top