Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 3:22:41 PM EDT
WTF do they have to slap their dealership name on every friggin car they sell?  Sorry, but I don't want to do their advertising for them, unless they pay me for it.

Is it fair to ask that they do NOT put their name, logo, or anything else on the vehicle as a condition of sale?  Will they go along with it, or will they tack on a charge for not doing it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WTF do they have to slap their dealership name on every friggin car they sell?  Sorry, but I don't want to do their advertising for them, unless they pay me for it.

Is it fair to ask that they do NOT put their name, logo, or anything else on the vehicle as a condition of sale?  Will they go along with it, or will they tack on a charge for not doing it?

Do you mean like the stickers and shit they slap on them? You can always remove it post-sale.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I was with my great-nephew when he went to buy a new Corvette from Whitaker Chevy in Greenville, SC.  He specifically asked them not to add their decal.  When we looked the car over before signing the paperwork, it wasn't there.  The next day when washing it, he noticed they had done it anyway apparently while we were in the office signing the paperwork.  Those kind of things really piss me off.  It's just petty of the dealer.z
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was with my great-nephew when he went to buy a new Corvette from Whitaker Chevy in Greenville, SC.  He specifically asked them not to add their decal.  When we looked the car over before signing the paperwork, it wasn't there.  The next day when washing it, he noticed they had done it anyway apparently while we were in the office signing the paperwork.  Those kind of things really piss me off.  It's just petty of the dealer.z

Amen. When I bought my Corvette I insisted that they specifically spell out in the bill of sale/paperwork to indicate that I have the option to refuse the car and have my deposit refunded if the car is delivered to me with any other than factory decals on it. Specifically dealer decals and license plate frames. They got the message real quick
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya but the sales staff probably neglected to tell the make ready guys to not put it on there.  I worked at a dealer for a little while and there was no policy about the decals being required to be on there.  If the customer didn't want them then we would tell the make ready guys not to put it on there.

Blame it on your sales rep.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blame it on your sales rep.

+1 Or Bush!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup, I hate those things.  Never had a problem taking them off though.  However my mom got a new honda accord, and the decal they put on hers was this metal thing with a little bit of adhesive on the back.  Well, vibration caused it to rub the paint and she got a rust spot under it (after I removed the damn thing).  At least they could put a decal on that won't muck up your paint ;)  My truck had this soft rectangular plastic/rubber decal that came off easy, and wouldn't have ever done that if I had left it on.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I always ask for no decals, but they always slap them on.  A little heat from the sun or a hair dryer and they come right off.  I just throw the license plate frames away.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Local GMC dealre tried to tell me they cant let teh truck go without a dealer logo on it after I already signed and paid for everything. Told then fine, then I'm charging them $1500/yr for advertising fees (about what a daily ad that size in teh local paper would be for a year in 92). Amazingly the truck didnt have the logo on it when I went out to get it. They try the license plate frame, I inform them that they technically are illegal here since they do block teh state name and reg sticker and if I get a ticket, they will be paying for it. Never had a plate frame on teh vehicle when I picked it up. Same with bikes. Although HD dealers here generally wont put decals on teh bikes. They usually give out t-shirts with their names on teh back.:D
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
What's even worse are the dealers that put the fron license plate frame on a car in a state that doesn't require a front license plate, all to be able to slap their crappy dealer logo on it.  Ford Lightning guys used to have fits when dealers did that because it put holes in the front facia/bumper that you couldn't hide.

When my father ordered his BMW he told them no stickers or he'd leave the car there.

When I got my GTO it had stickers and a license plate frame.  The stickers were very cheap and very easy to take off.  I have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:14:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Took my trash off too.  Annoying.

Max
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
On the other hand I remember seeing a place several years ago that sold dealer logo stuff for muscle cars, they specialized in reproducing decal of long gone sixties era dealers. I guess the point was to give the car a more authentic street driver look.

Cerrtain ones mainly. Like Grand Spaulding Dodge.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

When I got my GTO it had stickers and a license plate frame.  The stickers were very cheap and very easy to take off.  I have no problem with this.

jesus christ... is your avatar a picture of the uni bomber?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Adhesive ones are one thing... there's a dealer in Charlotte NC (Town and Country Ford) that for the longest time (may even still do it) attached their five point star-shaped decal with two SCREWS!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

jesus christ... is your avatar a picture of the uni bomber?

It is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top