Who's got one? Likes/dislikes? I'm thinking of getting one when my current lease expires. I like the seating for 7 and large cargo area, which is something I used to have in my '02 Explorer but currently don't have in my '05 Outback.
I own a 2005. So you know where I'm coming from, I drove a Lexus for 7+ years before this.
1) I like the engine/transmission smoothness and response better than the RX330.
2) I don't think the glass blocks as much IR as Lexus. Sun coming through window will feel hot.
3) Performance in snow, slush, wet roads I think is excellent with the vehicle stability system.
4) It is not an economy vehicle. My mileage is around 17 city/ 22 long haul interstate.
5) It is a 'premium' fuel engine. It says so on the car, and perfomance/mileage goes down the dumper with regular.
6) I like the fact that mine does NOT have the HID headlamps. I drove the RX330 and the MDX over the EXACT route 30 min apart in the dark when making my decision which to buy. For my eyes, the HIDs are too bright in close and I can't see well past them I live in a rural area. I can watch for deer better with the regular halogens. YMMV. I also do not like the color fringing at the edge of the HID light pattern.
7) Mine has all the options. I have handheld GPS and didn't think I'd want/need one in the car. I like and recommend it if you do any travel.
8) I'm tall and the leg room is a bit cramped.
9) I have driven a loaner Accord and there is something that isn't 'just right' with the seat on my MDX and the Accord as far as my back side and my back. Haven't figured it out yet. A physical therapist says it may be tilting my knees too high. I think it is my screwy back, but I don't have the issue with the Lexus/Camrys. I'd suggest you sit it one and see how it fits.
10) I like the larger cargo area. Rear seat back easy to drop. I bought a high back desk chair off the floor last week and the guy asked if I needed to take it apart. Nope...open rear door, drop seat and shove it in. No problemo. It is a door, not tailgate with glass that can be opened with tailgate closed like the Explorers that I've been in.
Any other questions, IM