Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 7:35:27 AM EDT
So I hit Moroso last night to take advantage of the sub-50 degree weather we had (along with everyone else in the area evidently) in my stock 2005 GTO.  I only got three passes but my last pass was my best to date with a 13.5 second 1/4 mile.  I know the car is capable of more, I just need to learn to drive it.

Everyone keeps telling me to run with the traction control off, but I keep beating people that do that.  Last night I turned it off for the burnout (my first ever at a track) and then turned it back on for the launch.  I powerbraked to around 1500 RPM and the wheelhop wasn't too bad.  I think the next thing to learn is how to ease into the gas instead of just romping on it at the 3rd amber.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Do yourself  a favor and buy a set of M/T Drag Radials. You will never see the ET's your car is capable of with the factory rubber on it.

My '86 Regal T-type has gone 12.25 @ 114 with a 2.04 60ft time with no nitrous. With a small shot of nitrous it went 11.15 @ 121 with a 1.64 60ft time. This is 100% streetable and was done on M/T Drag Radials.
The Drag Radials handle damn near as good as the regular radials that came off.
Just don't try driving in the rain with 'em.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top