Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:35:27 AM EDT
So I hit Moroso last night to take advantage of the sub-50 degree weather we had (along with everyone else in the area evidently) in my stock 2005 GTO. I only got three passes but my last pass was my best to date with a 13.5 second 1/4 mile. I know the car is capable of more, I just need to learn to drive it.

Everyone keeps telling me to run with the traction control off, but I keep beating people that do that. Last night I turned it off for the burnout (my first ever at a track) and then turned it back on for the launch. I powerbraked to around 1500 RPM and the wheelhop wasn't too bad. I think the next thing to learn is how to ease into the gas instead of just romping on it at the 3rd amber.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 3:05:07 PM EDT by Dragracer_Art]
Do yourself a favor and buy a set of M/T Drag Radials. You will never see the ET's your car is capable of with the factory rubber on it.

My '86 Regal T-type has gone 12.25 @ 114 with a 2.04 60ft time with no nitrous. With a small shot of nitrous it went 11.15 @ 121 with a 1.64 60ft time. This is 100% streetable and was done on M/T Drag Radials.
The Drag Radials handle damn near as good as the regular radials that came off.
Just don't try driving in the rain with 'em.

Top Top