Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:27:58 PM EDT
Went looking somewhat for a car today, first place tells me I cant afford payments and insurance said I can testdrive it if I run a credit check, restraint caused a minium of profanity to be used.

Next went and looked at a GTO, after deciding I'll have trouvle finding one in the color I really want, I test drove one, was nice but wasnt overly impressed.

Next went to the Ford place, I got no help there, everything was locked, and couldnt find anyone.

Next went to the Dodge place, looked around, test drove a Charger, was pretty impressed, going to give it a 2nd look.

Getting tired of my Impala and looking into replacing it
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:12:19 PM EDT
IM inbound
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:14:38 PM EDT
Oh also tried to sit on a Pontiac Solstice, I felt like a big man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:17:29 PM EDT
Get a firebird
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:23:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
Get a firebird

I'm psychic or some shit...I knew that is what you were going to say.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:27:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

Get a firebird

I ordered my vanity plate today "HI OFCR". Let's hope it's not taken.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:28:28 PM EDT

Get a firebird

I ordered my vanity plate today "HI OFCR". Let's hope it's not taken.

Cool.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:30:34 PM EDT
Is a real Impala, or a newer, FWD one?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:35:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MlTCHELL:
Is a real Impala, or a newer, FWD one?

'95 I believe.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:58:39 AM EDT

Get a firebird

They had a WS6 one for sale
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
Well I went to a few more places, had one piss me off. Still undecided like I am on everything. I learned one this, have my friend with the corvette drive, they treat us nice then
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:48:39 PM EDT
Well made my decision, after Pontiac pissed me off Im not going to get anything.,
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:58:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 6:53:21 AM EDT by drfcolt]
Local dealer has this 2006 GTO for sale - went down to look at it myself - beautiful silver color - 6-speed/18" wheels - very nice:
www.gmbuypower.com/nvlWindowSticker.bp?make=Pontiac&zip=17745&noType=0&sellingSource=16&makeId=002&noStyle=1&model=GTO&dPath=FRDP&subModelId=192&year=2006&BAC=113923&modelId=053&pvc=250&styleId=GTO&style=GTO&cabSize=&boxSize=&driveType=&wheelBase=&cabSizeId=&boxSizeId=&driveTypeId=&wheelBaseId=&VIN=6G2VX12U16L521962&nextVin=&previousVin=&currPosition=0&iPi=3&fPi=3&BAC=113923.0&vehModuleDesc=GTO

I bet you can get it for well under MSRP after incentives. I bought a new 2002 Corvette from these guys and they gave me one heck of a deal.

I went with a Mustang GT this time around. Had the 'Vette and a RAM SRT-10 (Viper truck - totaly a nuts vehicle) before that. The Mustang is an all around very nice car - just enough power and good looks. I get many more complements on my Mustang GT than I ever did with the Corvette or SRT-10.

www.lhup.edu/dfisher/mgt01.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/mgt02.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/mgt03.jpg
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:37:06 AM EDT
If you're looking for a powerful vehicle...as a Dodge Charger owner...I hate to say it...

But bang for buck, the GTO is a beast. With all the incentives out there you can probably pick up a GTO for a lot cheaper than a Charger RT. More power, a manual gearbox...and honestly, really, they took the GTO back to it's roots: take a family car and throw a monster engine in it. It might not be the nicest/boldest looking thing out there, but it does a damn good job of returning to it's original "What the FUCK is in that grocery getter's engine compartment???" roots.

I initally went out looking for a Mustang GT, but those weren't around for love or money. I tossed around the idea of a GTO...but...well, I bloody HATE GM. I'd get a 'Vette, but that'd be about it. So..that left the Charger for me, and considering the Charger is basically a re-bodied Mercedes E-class with a nicer motor in it, well, that's a damn steal considering how much E-classes go for.

You also might consider waiting a year or two...the Challenger is supposedly due out in 2007 or 2008. If only I had known...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
Well spoke with another dealer about getting a GTO, then can get it but dont have it so I cant drive one.

At this point Im about to just say hell with it and keep what I got
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:51:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:
Well spoke with another dealer about getting a GTO, then can get it but dont have it so I cant drive one.

The GTO's are nice, as I said before. Have you gone to different dealers to see if you can test-drive one?

I imagine they're sitting on a LOT of them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:53:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:

The GTO's are nice, as I said before. Have you gone to different dealers to see if you can test-drive one?

I imagine they're sitting on a LOT of them.

One in town has any, nowhere else does thats close.

Excpt for one place that has a used /04 they want more then sticker on a new one
Top Top