Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:58:07 PM EDT
I found an 84 Landcruiser with 25K miles on a rebuilt engine. It looks awesome, the interior has a few stains on the cloth but no tears and all the carpet is in excellent shape. There are a few paint chips with rust on the side but no other body damage. The tires look almost brand new, at least 90% tread on LT tires. Not sure but I think there are dual CD decks mounted in the dash. Hubs move very freely and smooth. Now for the question. Is it worth $4,800? I don't think I would go over $4000 as an 85 books for $2,500 with 25K original miles. If I can get the financing is it worth it? By the way it is a private seller.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:35:56 AM EDT
I love the old LC's, I service an '83 regularly at the shop, my boss has worked on it since new. They are good strong jeeps but that's way too expensive. It's still a 20+ year old truck.

If you really like it and you can get it for under $2500 then go for it, but it should be in excellent condition mechanically for that price.

If you make the deal have your mechanic take a good look at it before you buy it!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:46:19 AM EDT
Would it not be worth closer to 3k with the new engine? I suppose it would depend on the quality of the rebuild and the skill of the person that did it. Wednesday I saw an 88 LC for $6,800, what is with people asking so much? I would really like to have it since my Toy truck may crap out any day, though I don't intend on getting rid of it even if it does. Which is the better engine, the 4 cyl. or straight six. I realize the six would have more power, but how much would that kill gas mileage? Do you know where I might be able to get estimated MPG for it? Searched google but found nothing helpful.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:36:08 AM EDT
Register and post here:

www.ih8mud.com

This is a great site for 'cruisers, they'll have the answers you need. I see 2 of them in the FS section of your year for $3k and $3600.
Top Top