Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 6:30:24 PM EDT
I have a 2004 Liberty with close to 33,000 miles on it.  When I purchased the truck July 04 I paid for a service plan that covers oil/lube/filter and tire rotations.  When I went in for the 30,000 mile service the service manager told me that I should get the fluids changed in the front and rear axles as well as the transfer case, but I don't see anything in the owners manual.  He claimed that the fluids need to be changed because the front axle turns all the time, so the oil breaks down.  Have any of you Liberty owners been told this also?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go ahead and have it done man... All that crap from break in is still floating around in your ride.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal, I have a 145 mile commute each day, so I rack the miles up.  Most of my mileage is highway, but this is the first new vehicle I have ever owned so I want it to last.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
change it

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Definetly have to change out those fluids.  Depending on driving habits (lots of stop and go, long hauls), load (how much do you tow with it), and wether you use synthetic or regular fluids will dictate how often you change them.  I do alot of off-roading, so I change my fluids fairly often (especially if I've played in mud).
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
And the muffler is made of mild steel,not stainless. Walker now makes a muffler for the Liberty,then take it to an exhaust shop for the stainless rear pipe.The seats stain easily,scotchguard them. I have an 02,made in Apr 01,less than a month after introduction. Oh yeah,I do believe the 04's have the smaller 42RFE tranny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top