Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:23:58 AM EDT
hello all,

i just bought a motorcycle and am still not over the initial excitement of it.  i've been riding around the past couple of days with temps in the 40s.  i've got a system for my head, body and legs that works fine as far as keeping me warm.  i just need a recomendation on some gloves as my hands are freezing with two sets of gloves on.  the inner set are those cheap gloves that stretch to fit any hand, and the second set it like an insulated (thinly) set of work gloves.  just wanted your recomendations for a way to keep the hands warm.  thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
two words for you. Electric Gloves.
I've been riding since around 1992 and living in Western PA I will ride as long as I can in the season until the roads become wet/potential icy or snowy.  Even then I pull the bike out for Dec 24th and Jan 1 if possible.  This summer I picked up a pair of Electric gloves, 1 because they were on sales at half price and 2 because a friend of mine recommended it.  Usually my fingertips would get cold and feel frozen even with good Winter Riding Gloves.  This year with the Electric Gloves my fingers are toasty warm, no problem at all.  Check out Gerbing.com  You can even buy a complete electric riding suit.
HD Vespa
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
two words for you. Electric Gloves.

+1

Two more words;
heated grips

I know I am in Florida. I can still remember the bank sign in Frostburg showing 14 F at 1:00pm. Heat of the day, tough riding conditions.  Keep all air off you, priority one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Alan308
The heated grips in another good suggestion.  I went with the gloves over the grips because I have 2 bikes I ride and that would mean double the cost.  Also depending on the grips you but they can get expensive.
Either way Electric Gloves or Heated grips are the way to keep those finger tips warm in cold weather.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#4]
besides the electric stuff, alpinestar makes a decent cold weather glove, another thing to try is disposable latex gloves under your regular gloves.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Another option is to look at snowmobile equipment. check Cabela's they carry some of this stuff.  I don't ride in real cold weather, but I use some of their hunting gloves when weather is cooler. 40's or so and my hands are good to go.  Don't get the cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the grip heaters and ride in 30 to 40 degree weather. The plams of my hands stay warm but the outside of my fingers are still cold. However the grip heaters are cheap. I paid $20 for them while the gloves are over a $100.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top