Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:08:54 AM EDT
OK folks, let's hear it.

Pros and Cons of your daily driver car and/or truck.  Preferably non-commercial vehicles.

Including but not limited to:

General information:
Year of vehicle, make and model.  Mileage.  Bought new or used.  How many miles on it when you bought it.  Any other information you'd like to add.

Pros:
Anything you think worthy of this category.

Cons:
Same here.

I'll start:
2002 Nissan Maxima SE.  56,000 miles.  Bought used Nov. 03 with 27,000 miles on it for $15,500.

Cons:
Crappy stock radio.  A terrible stock radio if you don't get the upgraded system (which I don't)
Front wheel drive.
Turning radius.  I'm pretty sure an F-14 could pull a tighter turn than this thing.  It took my wife a while to get used to it in parking lots.
Hood rattles at speeds over 50 mph.  I took it to the service dept. with about 33,000 miles on it and they fixed the hood rattle as listed in a Service Bulletin.  It started rattling again at about 39,000 and they wanted to charge me to have them re-readjust it.
Expensive tires.  225/50R17 Z Rated.  I will definitely remember to check this out before I purchase another vehicle.
Intermittently squeaky a/c fan.  My a/c fan squeaks when someone sits in the passenger seat.  Go figure.

Pros:
HP.  Plenty of power when needed.  Even with a full load.
Decent trunk size.  Except the trunk hinges close down into the trunk limiting the height of what you can put on the left and right sides of the trunk.
Excellent Brakes.
Nice handling for a 4 door sedan.
Rear seat space.

Pro and Con:
Mileage.  About 21-22 in city driving.  About 26-28 Highway.  Not too bad for a fair sized V-6.
The SE edition has the "Sport Suspension".  It's nice for twisty roads and such with no kids in the car.  But since that makes up about 1% of my driving, I would rather have the smoother non-sport suspension for the other 99% of my driving.

All in all:
Not a bad car for a family of 2 adults and 2 children.  Excellent highway car.  Marginal parking lot performance.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
2000 Pontiac Grand AM SE. V6. 62k. 560 miles on it when we bought it.

Pros: It's paid for, gets ok gas milage, never had an y real problems with it.

Cons: It doesn't fly. I still want a Moller M400 or a Trek Aeorspace Springtail.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]
90' Dodge Shadow, 2.5L turbocharged, intercooled, 5spd. A568 manual trans

Cost: $1500 when it had about 80K on a new motor

Pros:
Decent MPGs (30+) on the freeway
Add racegas and it is deep in the 13s all day long
Parts are easy to find in the yard, cheap, and easy to replace
bulletproof trans
Sleeper affect

Cons:
Turbos can and will need to be replaced I have gone through one so far.
To change the turbo you have to pull the head
the car is 16 years old.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
General information:
2001 Honda Civic, 5 speed, EX (fully loaded) 2 door coupe,  93,000 miles.  Purchased new for 16,100.  Just paid off a few months ago (300/mo)

Pros:
--35mpg
--Cheap tires.  I bought 2 sets of OEM style tires off ebay for $150 shipped (per set of 4).  Each
  set lasts about 45k.  I still have the 2nd set sitting in the garage since these are lasting longer
  than expected.  
--Easy to drive.  The 5 speed shifts like melted butter.  The clutch pedal is very light.  (I test
  drove a Camaro SS before I got the civic and shifting and using the clutch was a work out).
--Blends in well.  Not to fancy, but still looks good.
--Quality.  Only 2 issues in all this time (see cons).  Paint still looks new, interior is good quality
  plastic, not the cheap hard stuff.  Seats are comfortable.
--Easy to work on.  I've done all servicing with the help of a factory service manual.
--Cheap parts.  Got a windsheild for $150 installed, brake pads ran me $40 bucks.
--Fully loaded for under $20K.  CD player, sunroof/moon roof, power windows, locks.
--Small engine heats up quick in the winter.  
--Light and quick handling.  No sports car, but fun to drive every day.

Cons:
--Passenger side door lock quit working.  Still clicks but doesn't move.  I blame this on my ex who
  would always get pissed at me and slam my door.
--Had the turn signal combo switch melt.  Was a bad switch on many cars, but warranty covered it
  even though it happened at 60K.  They had to tear the whole dash off and replace the switch and
  wiring harness.  It killed my headlights too and I was out of town when it happened.  Would have
  been bad if it happened at night.

I know some people would say the small engine (130hp) is a con, but I'm more than happy with it.  It likes to be revved, but you can also lug it around. It pushes the car along well.  It's faster than my friends dodge avenger and he's got 160hp in his (but he and the car weigh probably 3,500lbs).  
But you trade the punch for $$ at the pump.  I also like the car because it's so easy to drive.  Not a big truck that you feel's weight, not a small sporty car that you crawl in and out of and feel every bump.  Just a plain little A to B car that you can depend on.  I also have a motorcycle too (sv650) that is my fun toy, and I think it makes driving the civic better as I'm not looking to dump all my adreneline into the car and I can save ringing something out for the bike.  If I want speed and power I ride.  If I want comfort and to be lazy I drive.  I got both at the same time, and it was either get the civic and a bike, or get the Camaro SS only.  I'm so glad I picked the car/bike combo.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#4]
My beater is a 91 Caravan. Bought it new for the Wife July 91. We still have it. It has been extremely reliable and still get 20+ miles per gallon. Other than brakes, tires exhaust system anmd notmal maint that's all we had to do. It's getting old and the tranny is starting to leak. I am using it this winter as I don't want to drive my new Chrysler during snow storms.

Over the Summer I'm picking up and older 4x4 pickup F250 or F350 and retiring the 91.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
2002 Golf TDI, 5spd manual, 61k miles.

Pros:
Great mpg.  Average about 45mpg, low of 38, high of 54.
Range.  I don't think I've ever fallen short of 600mi on a tank, and have had almost 850mi.
Fuel.  I can (and do) use Biodiesel.
Comfort.  Seats are awesome.  I've driven for over 10 hours straight- sure, I was little stiff when I got out, but I was not uncomfortable in the car, and easily climbed right back in (after a much-needed bathroom break and a burger) and drove for several hours more.
Utility.  With the back seats folded down, you can fit a LOT of stuff back there.
Power.  Driving through the mountains in AZ with the back of the car full:  two rifles, a few thousand rounds of 5.56 and 7.62, a 20" tv, microwave, all my clothes, most of my pots and pans, a couple cabinets worth of food, deflated air mattress, target frame and miscellaneous other crap, in late June, had no trouble maintaining 80mph.  One time on I-17 between Phoenix and Flagstaff I had to slow down to about 60 for traffic, and I had to drop into 4th to accelerate back up to 80, but other than that I could stay in 5th gear all the time with the cruise control on.  I guess most cars will do just as well, but it surprises a lot of people that it can pull it's own weight and get such great mileage.  The engine nevers seems like it's working, it just does it.  It's also pretty responsive in city driving, so even though it doesn't have a lot of power, what it does have is great for driveability.
Manual transmission.  Believe it or not, this is PRO for driving in heavy traffic.  I can put it in any gear and it will just pull itself along at idle, even uphill.  It's like cruise control for traffic jams. 1st=6mph, 2nd=10mph, etc.
Cold weather package. Heated seats, mirrors and windshield washer jets.  Love it!
Safety.  Dual front, side, and curtain(front and rear) airbags.  Full-size spare. Excellent ABS.
Maneuverability and agility.  It's a small car, so it's easy to drive, park, etc., and handles pretty good for accident avoidance, even compared to other small and mid-sized cars.
Visibility.  Compared to a lot of other cars, blind spots are very small.

Cons:
Size.  While there is a lot of room with the seats down, there is a major problem with the seats up- my double rifle case will not fit in the car!
Ground clearance.  Absolutely abismal, my sphincter puckers when passing over a dead squirrel.
View.  It's good for a car, but I really miss the view you get from a truck.
Clutch.  Too damn light, I can't feel a thing.  First time I drove it, I slammed the clutch pedal so hard I'm surprised it didn't break.
Reliability.  While it's never failed to start, never left me stranded, never had any driveability issues, it has had a few "annoyances."
Interior?  Sometimes I get little rattles/buzzes coming from strange places.

ETA: CON: Car will not get warm unless you drive it.  Can't just start the engine and let it run to warm up.  (see PRO: Cold weather package)

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
96 Dodge Ram, bought it new

Pro:
It's paid off.
It's reliable.
I can haul stuff in it no problem.
Tons of HP in the 5.9L magnum V8.
Trailer towing package.

Con:
It gets MAYBE 12 mpg
It's kind of ugly since I have never washed or waxed it beyond the $3 automatic car wash
It's a regular cab, so it can only haul 3 people.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#7]
'96 Ford Windstar minivan

Everything about it is crap, except for one thing...

I dont care when my drunk friends throw-up in the back seat

I had a Yugo once, but I sold it because it was too nice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#8]
2005 Dodge RAM 1500  (now about 6 months old) purchased with 14 miles on it.  Currently up to 2,700

Pros
*8 foot bed to haul lots of stuff (including my 2005 honda rancher 4x4)
*big off road tires
*Very powerful V8
*had the bed rhino lined
*32 gallon gas tank
* 4x4 with a limited slip rear differential  
*people drive a little more carefully around a big truck  (most of the time)
*cool storage tray behind the bench seat for my gear
* My steering wheel is about the height of a car roof so I have excellent visability

Cons
*14-15 MPG  
*filing a 32 gallon gas tank when gas was $3 a gallon
*huge turning radius
*having the bottom of the floor 2.5  feet off the ground without running boards makes for a challenge sometimes
*no automatic locks and manual windows
*it sucks driving around a city in a big ass truck with a manual transmission.  

ETA:  added some more that I thought of
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
General information:
2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road.
Lowest around town - 14.5mpg.
Best road trip - 24mpg. I usually get around 15.5 - 16.5mpg though.
Purchased new with 3 miles; prior to my test drive.  

Pros:

• A mid-sized truck that isn't a Dodge Dakota.

• A pretty torquey V-6 with good HP.  Rated at 245hp and 282 lbs/ft.

• Back seats can accomodate a ~6' passenger for short-medium trips. Shorter passengers have more than enough room.

• Composite bed/bedliner.  Will not rust -- each of my other trucks rusted underneath the bed.

• Small DC-to-AC power converter/generator built in the bed.  100w MIN/400w MAX.

• Electronic Locking Rear Differential, Electronic Downhill Assist Control, Vehicle Stability Control

• Very good driver height above traffic {I see eye-2-eye with F150 drivers}

• Just enough pickup bed to haul normal household stuff around in.  {Top soil, TV's, plants, dog food, bikes, a few 2x4's, some plywood, etc....  Since I work in an office, it was a decent compromise.

Cons:

• Shitty stock radio and speakers -- though the 6 in-dash CD's was nice it sucked overall.

• No option for leather seating surfaces.  With a dog, leather would be far easier to maintain.

• Needs a couple higher adjustments in the steeting column.

• No power seat adjustments.

• No FACTORY sunroof option.

• After driving a compact car for 3 years, it's tougher to park.

• Doesn't accelerate or handle like my WRX.

• A 4L V6 should get better than 14.5mpg, even if I do drive like Paul Tracy sometimes.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#10]
98 Jeep Wrangler w/4.0L I-6.  Bought new, currently has 53XXX miles.  Since new I've added 2 inch suspension lift and 1 inch body lift and am running 31x10.50 all terrain tires.  

PROS:
Inherent coolness of a Jeep
Top comes off
Doors come off
Short wheel base makes parking/u-turns a non event
I fear no curb, sidewalk, ditch, mud hole, etc.
Heater warms up quickly and is very effective
Decent power
Carpet comes out easily and has drainplugs in the floor
Fairly roomy and accessible engine bay

CONS:
CRAPPY gas mileage
Noisy at speed
Not fun on long interstate trips
Not much room for extra people/stuff
Assorted rattles and clunks when driving
An interior leak in the back that I've never been able to track down
Bit of orange peel in the paint
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#11]
1990 K5 Blazer 4x4
350 CI TBI 83,000 miles.

Pros:
I can sleep in it comfortably.
Parts are very common and easy to find.
I can do most work myself.
I can tow my flatbed trailer.
I don't mind getting it dirty.
It's a hoss of a truck.

Cons:
MPG sucks.

Luckily I have a company truck so I don't drive it much.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
'99 Ford Mustang convertible. Black, 5 speed, 3.8L V6.

Pros: Best summer car. Ever. h          
Cons: I live in Canada. hs           No storage space (trunk can barely fit a rifle and a backpack.)
          Attracts unwelcome attention from kids in "tuner" cars who want to race.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro, 3.1v6, 131,000 miles on it now

PRO:  
- 2-door (I hate 4-door cars)
- 3.1 MPFI V6 is a reliable motor.  
- 4-wheel ABS disk brakes
- decent gas mileage for a v6
- handles good, doesnt feel like you're driving a watermelon...but not too stiff to be uncomfortable.
- roomy trunk area

CON:
- GM f-ed up on the original tq. specs for the intake.  This is why many develop a leak early-on where the lower manifold bolts to the head.  If you use turbo tq. specs...the leak won't happen.  I still have to replace that seal...it leaks.
- rear spark plugs are a BITCH to change.  There is just enough room to get a socket back there between the plug and the firewall.  I miss 4 cyl. motors...sooo much easier to work on.
- NO CUP HOLDERS  (I made my own though )
- needs more HP.  
- tranny slips sometimes
- its not a 5-speed
- ect., ect., ect.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#15]
2005 Ford F150
V-6 (UGH)
Standard (UGH around town)
Short box
Standard cab
Work truck package

Pro's
Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned, even though it's the work truck package.  Seats are great!
Big interior (I'm tall)
Lots of space behind seats, even has suicide doors on standard cab to make access easier (big plus!)
v-6 still peppy, but not mind-blowing
standard is great, except in stop and go, where it gets insanely tedious
AC is COLD!
Tailgate is lift assisted, can close it with 1 finger (and it locks)
Outstanding sound system (stock sounds great, cant imagine what an upgrade would be like)

Con's
Standard is very tedius in stop/go
Throttle is electronic (which isn't necessarily bad, just differnt for anyone used to fly-by-wire)
Bad gas mileage for small motor
Small motor (my fault,  because I needed the cheapest that they made)
Lack of cup-holders in stick-shift that are present in the auto version (eyeroll).

I like it, it has enough power for what I need.  I wish I had gotten the automatic, but only when im in hellatious stop/go.  It has very good visability, and good turning radius.  All in all, it would be the best truck I have ever owned IF:  I bought one with bigger motor and an auto tranny and more cup-holders.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I personally have no vehicle but I'm just going to comment on the vehicle I spend the most time in: My parent's

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4WD

General Info:
Currently 6K on it...purchased this July with 800 miles on it  LT package, 4WD, sunroof, OnStar, basically loaded except leather. 4.2L I-6, auto, metalic blue over gray.  

Pros
-Roomy
-I-6 engine has a lot of pick up
-nice options/sunroof/OnStar
-front and rear A/C

Cons:
-Gas Mileage is pretty suckey gets about maybe 18 MPG

All In All:
Pretty darn good, a world better than the 2000 Chevy Blazer we had.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#17]
General Information:
2005 For Mustang GT. Bought nearly new (70 year old guy before me had it for two months before trading it in for an Audi...go figure). Currently has 13,200 miles.

Pros:
Read a Mustang forum, I don't have time to write a novel.

Cons:
I REALLY REALLY (did I say REALLY?) like this car, so the following list is my attempt at nitpicking the shit out of it. I realize that people have the tenency to overlook minor annoyances in their cars, particuarly when espousing their virtues. A Honda owner has ZERO problems when slamming a Dodge, and a Chevy owner has NEVER had ANY glitches when cussing a Ford, right?

Using absolute perfection as my yardstick, I came up with the following "gripes":

1. The cupholder is too close to the gear shift. Forget banging the gears with a beer in the console.

2. Oh lighten up you pussies, it was a joke.

3. The interior is a bit "plasticky".

4. The center console is hard to reach.

5. The passenger seat doesn't have power, lumbar support, etc. Only the driver gets to be comfortale.

6. Ford could have saved me alot of trouble by wet sanding the clear. Call me picky.

7. Short people bitch about the clutch, not that I've let any of them leave the driveway with it.

8. Something (I think it's the cat) rattles above 2000 rpm when it's really cold out. It goes away inside of 3 minutes.

9. The gas tank has a well documented (and mostly uncorrected) problem with fuel nozzles shutting off early. The "fix" is to fill the tank with the nozzle upside down. Don't ask me.

10. The factory stereo (Shaker 500) has a well documented (and mostly uncorrected) problem with CD's skipping. It's rare enough, that I don't give a shit for the most part. Still, it can be irritaing.

11. The rpm's rise a smidge when you depress the clutch. The new fly-by-wire throttle is to blame. Actually, the fly-by-wire setup is a little strange at first. A lot of tuners have solved these problems by re-programming the PCM.

12. People complain that the back seat is so small, it's worthless. Good thing nobody rides back there, and I make enough money to rent a room for the night.

13. The traction control only kicks in when you do something stunningly retarded.

14. It's snow handling is "average". It's a huge improvement over earlier models, but you still gotta baby it. This is her first and last winter, anyway. I'm buying a beater here in a month or so to punish until spring. I catch alot of flack for driving this in the rust belt during the winter.

15. They don't rattle as much as previous Mustangs, but people expecting the same refinement as a similarly priced Honda or Toyota will be sorely dissapointed. Little things in the interior require my frequent attention. It's a labor of love.

16. The radio has excellent highs, and the bass thumps pretty damn good for a factory unit, but the mids are really lacking. The guitar is hard to hear in some songs. Certain vocals are more subdued than they should be. It needs a proper EQ.

17. 300 horsies is nice, but 400 is nicer. It's getting a supercharger next year.

18. Mod motors are a little sluggish out of the hole. It likes the RPM's up a little higher. Sporting wood occurs at around 3500 RPM or so. Still, the 3.55 gearing isn't doing it for me, and I'm seriously considering installing taller gears - tall like 4.10's. The hell with gas mileage, this ain't no grocery getter.

19. Seriously, lighten up. I'd never drink a beer in the car. Shots fit nicer in the cupholder.

There. That's as honest as I can possibly be. It took me damn near 20 minutes to think this stuff up. That's every last thing I can think of, and none of really bothers me in the least bit. It's a badass ride, and I've never been happier with a car.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#18]
95 Impala SS

Cons,

Its big, wide and dont turn well.

16MPG

Gotta finish fixing it.

Pros

Its got a decent amount of power

Its big so it can hold alot.

It can take punishment.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#19]
1991 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 4 cylinder.  We paid 3600 for it when it had 58,000 miles, it now has 191,000 miles.  

The nice things about it is how reliable it is.  Other than brakes, tires, exhaust, plugs, normal maintenance items, its original.  Its a manual 4 speed and still has original clutch, I just replaced the original battery a couple weeks ago, original suspension.  It gets upper 30's mpg, doesnt smoke, starts up every time.  The paint is ok, but the clear coat over the paint is deteriorating.  Its practically gone.  There is very little rust, and this car has lived almost its entire life in WI.  There are a few things that should be fixed on it....one of my dash lights is out, the fan only works on full blast, the drivers side door hinge needs to be replaced.  This is the base model, so there are no options on the car, not even power steering.  Everything else works great, and I plan to get well over 200,000 miles on the car.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#21]
2002 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab
3.4L V6
70k miles bought used w/ 30k on it for $16k
Power everything, Automatic Trans

Pro's:
*As usual Toyota reliability and performance.
*Decent power for a 5500lbs Compact truck.
*Handles well in the City and seems better on the Hwy.
*4 doors allows for ease of passenger hauling and it fits 2 car seats for my babies better than a single or extended cab.
*Readily available parts
*High Ground Clearance (can jump curbs and cross medians w/ no issues)
*Runs great on low octane (read: cheap gas)
*IMO looks decent for a "compact" truck
**Wife hates it and doesn't like to drive it

Con's:
*18mpg (more like 17) for a compact pickup
*Parts (factory) are usually expensive
*Stock Radio is nothing to write home about
*Changing some of the lamps are like doing surgery
*Has the turning radi of the USS Kitty Hawk CV63

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#22]

1994 GMC Sierra SLE 350c.i. automatic 2WD, almost 200k miles

Pros:
- all power
- plenty of torque and size for driving amongst the idiots
- PAID OFF

Cons:
- gas consumption (you knew that was coming)
- lack of room due to single cab

also

1990 ex-LEO Caprice, 350c.i. H.O. automatic (w/true duals & cold air intake mods)

Pros:
- runs like a scalded dog
- built like a brick outhouse
- nostalgia of the LE genre

Cons:
- gas consumption as compared to a ricer, but better than the truck
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Beetle's pickup made me think about our other vehicle, my dad's pickup so here goes:

1997 Chevrolet 2500 Cheyenne 2WD regular cab

305 cid V-8. Automatic, 67K miles.
Pros:
-Very simple: no power locks, no power windows, vinyl interior , just what you need.  Does have A/C and a aftermarket CD player(it did come with a AM/FM radio from the factory)
-in very good condition: hasn't had any work done since we got it last July other than a fuel pump and an alternator. (For comparison purposes I've seen Cheyenne pickups on Ebay that are all beat up to sh*t)
-It has great power-very fast(you can floor it and almost squeal the tires.)
-the color is nice-light(powder blue)
Cons:
-it does drink a LOT of gas: suffice it to say that before the gas prices got very expensive it took $60 to fill the tank...but it doesn't get driven every day so you can't complain.
-it's a regular cab, so it's not very roomy if you put 3 people in it.  Also, it's my dad's "other" vehicle(he has a company truck) and it gets used for runs to the laundromat or the grocery store, so two people and laundry baskets or grocery bags don't fit very well.
-It doesn't fit into parking spaces very well.  My dad had a 1990 Ford Festiva before this(similar to a Geo Metro) and you could park it anywhere.  

All in All:
A very great vehicle.  It's just what my dad needs in a second vehicle...and he loves it.  And so do I.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#24]
95 Firebird, 3.4L V6 manual 5spd. Red.
Bought used with 70,000 on the clock for cash. 105,000 on the clock now.

Pros:

Nice looking pseudo sport car.
Reasonably fast for a six.
Handles well.
5 spd manual.
Roomy and comfortable with two but will carry four.
Hatchback very functional.
Lots of cargo space you can even hang 4x8 sheets of plywood out the back.
Decent stock Delco stereo with Pioneer speakers.
Parts are ubiquitous and cheap but the car is reliable.
Florida car and mostly plastic, not a speck of rust anywhere.
All paid for.

Cons:

Gas mileage sucks for a six. Shoulda got a V8!
17-18 in the city, 22-23 hwy unless you really go soft on the gas. (my 2.8L V6 was even worse!)
Poor visibility in all directions except forward.
There are no cheap 17'' tires.
Stock rims are fugly.
No power windows and crank is way low and forward.
Interior is cheap and tends to fall apart. Known for cracking dashboards.
Right side is magnetized for trucks. It's been t-boned three times on the right, all by trucks.
Has exhaust leak muffler shops cant find, cats rattle, sounds crap. Needs replaced from manifold to tip.
Manual trans is teh suck in a traffic jam but I dont live in Toronto anymore so it's all good.

I would buy another one, as a matter of fact this is my third bird and I think I'll keep it when I buy the C5 Vette I'm shopping for.

After the lsat "magnetization".

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#26]
'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

95,000 miles, bought with 56,000
Auto Tranny
tcase has 2wd, AWD, part time 4wd, and low range. (some were just AWD ack)

Pros:

Good power, decent economy
Comfy on long trips
Best thing I have ever driven on gravel roads
Good control on Highway in AWD
am/fm/cd/cassette w/ decent sound
SOLID FRONT AXLE

Cons:

Unibody
Kinda cramped for 2 adults, 2 kids in carseats, dog, tandem stroller

I rate it as one of the finest vehicles ever produced.

The other rig

'90 Chevy k1500 ext cab 4x4
180,000 on it now, bought with 130,000 or so.  Engine appeared to be new.  Purchased for $2000, required $2000 in parts/rubber to be roadworthy.  
Stick shift
Posilocker

Pros:

It's a chevy with a 350
Stick shift is fun
TBI is practically bulletproof.
HAndles really well on winter roads.  I rarely use 4wd.
Sounds good with muffler removed.

Cons:
16-17mpg depending, it is  a truck so I should not bitch.  Milage does not seem to be really affected by load so much as it is by me driving fast.
Not enough power
Chevy IFS sucks ass in all aspects of operation, design, longevity, maintenance, and repair.
Rear bench seat is unsuitable for use by humans.  Dog loves it.
Was too attractive to the wife who was in mid process of removing carseats from her rig and installing them into the chevy when, In an effort to protect my final bastion of manhood, I rushed out with a sawzall and removed the muffler, thus making the truck less attractive to the wife and saving me from having to cart kids in my truck.  Thus the territory of the Alpha male was marked indefinitely.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
'In an effort to protect my final bastion of manhood, I rushed out with a sawzall and removed the muffler, thus making the truck less attractive to the wife and saving me from having to cart kids in my truck.  Thus the territory of the Alpha male was marked indefinitely.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Lightning_P38: I have a 2000 Neon, and I feel about the same way. It is now my wife's daily driver.

I take PISS POOR care of it, and it's never let me down. In 150,000 miles I have replaced the following:

1. Thermostat.
2. Catalytic Converter
3. Brake pads & shoes - no drums or rotors yet.
4. Oil.
5. Battery.

I haven't even replaced the timing belt, or even changed the tranny fluid yet. I beat the hell out of the car, and it just keeps on running. I'm on borrowed time for sure, but I'm going over it with a fine tooth comb here on my vacation to service those things I've neglected for so long (like the timing belt).

Damn fine car, even if I have to hand in my man card when I drive it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#30]
2001 Saturn SL1.  Manual tranny.

Pros:  Paid for, got it with 41k on it, sunroof, AC, power windows, locks, cruise, etc.  I get about 38mpg on my commute, and half of it is on back roads(but not dirt/gravel).  I keep it under 55mph though to get that fuel economy.

Cons: I'm a tall guy, and it's pretty cramped.  Not much room in it, including the back seat.  Sunroof seems to have a short in it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#32]
2002 FLHRCI Harley Road King Classic.  25000 miles.

Cons:
No top.
No AC.
No heat.
Every other driver tries to kill me.

Pros:
Chicks dig it.
Airs out armpits.
Bugs in teeth for extra protein.
Chicks dig it.
Park it anywhere.
Good visibility.
Good gas mileage 40+
Chicks dig it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#33]
2004 Acura MDX w/touring package, NAVI and RES, bought new for about $40,000 -- now has about 15,500 miles on it.

Pros:
4wd
plenty of pickup in the V6
tight handling for ANY car, let alone an SUV
NAVI system is oh-so-helpful at rush hour to find a back way around the mess
RES (rear entertainment system) is oh-so-helpful at rush hour to keep the bored toddler happy.
Butt warmers -- ahhhh.
Decent gas mileage -- 19 city, 24-26 hwy
Seats 7, but the rear seat folds down totally flat with a flick of the wrist if I need cargo space.

Cons:
Was pricey.
Doesn't have tiptronic like my Audi did.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I had one of those!  It lasted a LONG TIME.  I had close to 300,000 miles on it when I finally donated it to charity.  Believe it or not, it was my "dream car" in high school, but I bought it in college (used).

Quoted:
1995 Dodge Neon Coupe 5spd bought new May 1995. 155,000 miles

Pros: MPG 28-30 in the city, somewhere around 42 on the highway (overdrive kicks ass)
reliablilty, car has never left me stranded, and has always started when I got in it (except for the time I forgot to put gas in it, it started right up after putting two gallons in).
Performance, it is no sports car, and I have  no mods on it, but it handles very well in traffic, and accelrated well, a true road warrior I fear no SUV. Plus I can park it anywhere, I have never driven a four wheeled vehicle that was easier to park.
Cost I paid about 11 grand for the car new with 21 miles on it, it gets great mileage and the insurance is reasonable, I have never had a car that came close to being as cheap to drive.
Durability this car has only had the bare bones maintanence, it has been in half a dozen wrecks (two of which required major front end work), and has been up muddy roads that a one ton diesel van couldn't get up, and up and down half of the mountain roads in east TN. The only repairs I have ever had to make (that weren't the result of a collision) have been to replace the  parking brake lever, a new clutch cable, and a wheel bearing. I need to put on a suspension bushing kit now, but that is more of a ride quality issue.

Cons
Size It was plenty big enough when we bought it, I had just gotten married and we weren't planning on having kids for a while. We now have three crumb-snatchers and two dogs, taking family trips in this car is a bit crowded, but possible.
Looks Have you ever seen a 1995 Neon Coupe? Enough said.
Image If you care what people think of your ride (which I don't) a Neon isn't for you, it is considered a car for poor kids whose parents can't afford to buy them a Honda.
Ride Height My neon is low, forget having to jack it to change the oil, it is a pain to get the jack under the car, to put it on a lift you have to jack the sides to get teh arms under it. The low height has caused the exhaust pipe to be bent driving over speed bumps.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this car. When I bought it I was planning on buying a brand new Civic, but after test driving the two (as well as a dozen other cars), the Neon was the winner hands down. The ONLY thing I would have liked better about the Honda is the resale value, but the truth is that I have no intentin of selling it anytime soon.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#35]
1998 Izuzu Trooper
Bought in '98 with 17 miles on it for $22,500
Currently has 174,000 miles on it.

Pros:
Reliable: Outside of normal tires/batteries/brakes, we've replaced the eGR valve!
Roomy enough for 5 for medium trips, but we take it to CO. a couple of times a year.
Fold down rear seats give you a lot of room to haul junk.

Gets about 17mpg average around town and highway combined.

Cons:
Mediocre A/C ( or it could just be a black truck in Texas)
Crappy stereo.
Always used a little oil, even when new. Not uncommon for this engine. About a qt. every 1500-2000 miles.
They don't make them anymore. I'd buy a new one right now. (but not black)

1996 Mazda Millenia
2.5 V-6
Bought in 2000 with 44,000 miles on it for $7K out the door.
Currently has 155k on it.

Pros:
Decent mix of power and economy. Not fast off the line, but runs well at highway speeds.
I get an average of 26 mpg mixed highway and city driving.
Parts have been relatively cheap.
Replaced so far:
2 front axles and CV joints...$125 each installed.
Timing belt at 120k, but also replaced front engine.cam seals, all hoses, and the waterpump for $600.
Great A/C
Great heat
handles well.
Decent stereo.

Cons:
Not much legroom in the rear, but I'm driving so I don't care.
Trunk is a little small, my rifle cases barely fit  across the trunk.
Center covers on the rims keep disappearing...I stopped replacing them.
Replacement keys are around $70 a pop, and only available from the dealership.
Starting to look it's age. Front leather seats have cracked, some of the clear coat hs gotten foggy.

We keep saying we'll buy a new vehicle when one dies...but we've been saying that for a year now.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#36]
2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Mach1 40,000 miles. Bought it bone stock with 6,700 miles.

PHP intake spacer
C&L CAI w/85mm MAF & Trueflow Inlet Pipe
Magnaflow catted Xpipe
Borla STINGER cat-back
Kenny Brown SFCs
Diablosport Predator (custom Dyno tune)
Royal Purple Syncromesh
Mobil1 5w20 synth
Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW handle/MRT Yellow ball
BG Goodrich T/A G-Force KDW 245/45ZR17 front
BG Goodrich T/A G-Force KDW 285/40ZR17 rear (AFS 17x10.5)
Beltronics Vector FX-2 Accelerometer
Whistler Detector DE-1773

cons:
miles per gallon is not great, but okay
tires are expensive and tend to wear quickly (already halfway through second set)
I always park FAR away and avoid crowded parking lots
there is always some chucklehead that tries to get me to streetrace
not much storage space
tempted to buy new mods all the time

pros:
LOTS of per gallon
plenty of  HP/TQ / acceleration
handles darn well
met new friends that have Mach1 cars
great Mach460 stereo

users4.ev1.net/%7Emhazelwd/videos/Mach%20062605%20egypt.mpg

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#37]
1998 Chevy S-10 it just gets me where I'am going and usally that not very far
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I'll exclude my true daily driver since it's a company vehicle.

Personal car is a `98 Neon (go ahead - laugh it up). Paid $1500 for it two years ago with 70k on it, but the car was in immaculate condition.

Pros: Cheap to buy, good mileage, been reliable so far.
       It will never cost me a huge amount of money to repair because I'd just junk it and get another one if                
       something major broke.
       Lack of payments and cheap insurance frees up cash for other stuff (guns).
       Nobody would ever be stupid enough to steal it.

Cons: It's a POS Neon.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#39]
After Many many years of buying new vehicles ,
sometimes as frequently as every six months .
I had an epiphany.....

It's a huge waste of money !!

Now I only drive vehicles that people throw away .
And since I own an automotive repair shop . I have
lots to choose from .  Right now my two DD's are
a 91 Maxima and a 95 AWD Plymouth Voyager .

Pro's - They cost me next to nothing , and I don't
give a rodents rectum what happens to them .
Just ask the last idiot that thought he was going
to bypass the 100 cars waiting in line and force his way
in front of me ....

Con's - I hate it when they die and there is still gas in the tank .

Actually that's only happened once and that one was intentional  .
I knew it would keep running long enough to get me home
but it would never start again .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Dailydriver, 2004 Pontiac GTO 6 speed trans

Pros:
350 hp, 365 ft lb torque
If you are a real car guy there is nothing better than a real manual trans
rear wheel drive
stealthy looks, not too many people really recognize (or care) what the car is
GREAT seats
German-Like solidness, really put together well, no plastic clips hoding anything, all screws or bolts
decent gas mileage considering the motor/power 21 to 24 mpg combined average

Cons:
2 doors (rear seats are great once you'r back there, takes a contortionist to get in or out of them)
Very small trunk
no heated seats
manual HVAC, no auto temp available

All in all a great car if you're just running around by your self not needing to drag around others or other stuff, the wife's 2005 Honda Odyssey takes care of that

2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

Pros:
Everything is better when the top is down!!!!
Looks cool, sounds great, wife loves to drive it also running the kids around to their events
Color : Mineral Grey

Cons:
Antiquated design based on the fox body platform from the 70's (can you say Ford Faimont!)
Body / Chassis flex
Short wheelbase makes it very twitchy near the limits (i've SCCA raced it)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web.707000-707999/707478_2.jpg
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#41]
99 Explorer with 103k miles.

Cons.

- Gas mileage sucks. (18)
- Upper ball joints going out again.
-Rust is going to be a major issue in about 2 years.
-Noisy

Pros.

- 4x4
-Room
-Almost paid for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#42]
2004 Subura Impreza WRX Wagon
Purchased new
Currently 29,000 miles.

Cons
-Not as sexy as the sedan
-Road noise
-Racer boy image has Subura denying a lot of powertrain warranty claims.
-Transmission is the weak link (no problems out of mine yet)
-Dashboard mounted cupholder is a bit small and flimsy
-Probably costly to repair once out of warranty
-19mpg City out of a 4 cyclinder
-Premium fuel only

Pro
-AWD for all weather saftey and fun
-Absolute blast to drive
-Stops great
-Turns great
-227 HP = great acceleration
-Huge aftermarket of go fast goodies if you so desire
-Cheaper insurance than WRX sedan
-Lots of cargo room in such a small car
-Consumer reports gave it high marks for resale
-28mpg Highway for such a fun car to drive
-Top marks in crash test ratings
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#43]
2005 Pontiac GTO

Pros:
-It's the fastest car listed here so far
-It's not a Mustang
-Everything else

Cons:
-The front seats are motorized and move forward rather slowly making rear-seat access a pain
-The key is huge
-The speed limit on the highway is only 70 in Florida
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#44]
1st Generation Dodge Neon with 2.4L transplanted engine:

Agile, fast, low center of gravity.  Great gas mileage.  

Mid 90's Jeep Cherokee with 4.0L I6:

Good power, high center of gravity.  Mediocre gas mileage.  Great cargo capacity.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#45]
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 1/2 ton ex-cab short bed truck
5.9 4x4 automatic
off road pkg, 130K now, bought at 85K

Pros:
-I love the bodystyle, and candy apple paint, it is normal for me to get compliments for it.
-power, 360ci full roller engine runs great.  
-Reliable engine and easy to work on, engine bay in uncluttered and open
-Great ride, soft rate off road springs make it ride like a car.  
-comfortable interior
-factory sure grip
-solid axles
-coil over front axle.

Cons:
-Front brakes on half ton can overheat and warp calipers if overused on mountain roads or in towing.
-mileage, 13-18 depending on what I am doing.
-factory radio/tape/cd player died. replaced with alpine head
-A pillars.  Due to raked back angle of windshield, the can be a blind spot if you arent used to the truck.
-no option for lock out hubs without a front axle swap.
-vacuum problems can cause heater, cruise control, and 4wd to operate poorly.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#46]
2004 F150 Supercrew 4x4 Fx4- bought new 25,000 miles

Pros:
1.  All the options of the Lariat minus steering wheel radio controls, heated seats, and passenger power seat.
2.  5.4 = Good power, but it's not a racecar, and I don't tow anything.  Powerchips progammer    helps shifting firmness
3.  Good sound system (audiphile wtf ever) considering I don't have to risk a break in with an aftermarket
4.  quiet quiet quiet ride
5.  Seating for 5, or seating for 2 and plenty of back seat car type space
6.  I park it in my garage since it's not 75 feet long
7.  Good around town turning/parking ability compared to a bigger crew cab

Cons:
1.  5.5 ft. bed leaves me with my tailgate down to haul my quad
2.  Gas mileage sucks
3.  5.5 ft. bed
4.  Gas mileage sucks
5.  5.5 ft bed
6.  Gas mileage sucks
5.  5.5 ft bed

I'm happy overall
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#47]
97 Pontiac Firebird, V-6.  120,000 on it, 118,500 when I bought it about 2 weeks ago for 5950.  

Pros,  
Great amount of power for a V6.  
Handles like it's on rails.
The power to get me out of bad stiuations.
Gas mileage only drops 2 MPG if I do ALL my driving in the city.
Insurance is cheap.  Full coverage is $74 a month
Monsoon stereo.

Cons.  
Royal pain in the ass to get in and out of.
It's a T-top so the tiny amount of trunk space that it had, is gone when you put the tops in their slots.
Did I mention royal pain in the ass to get in and out of?
I can't see the front of the car because I'm to short,
I can't see stoplights because I'm to tall.  So I have to lean back n look out of the T-tops.
The back seat, what backseat? I wouldn't expect my 3 year old to sit back there.
Lets get back to this getting in and out of thing, it's a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#48]
1999 GMC Sierra 1500

Current Mileage: 180,000 miles
Purchased used @ 20,000 miles in 2000

Single cab/short wheel base/fleet side
5.3 liter Vortec V8
2 wheel drive
Automatic Transmission
Bucket seats
AM/FM/CD
Power windows/locks
Flowmaster exhaust (added by previous owner)

Pros
High power/weight ratio
Short wheel base design offers better turning radius and handling than many cars
4 wheel disk brakes. Best brakes of any vehicle I've ever owned (performance AND longetivity- still has factory brake shoes!)
Great sound from factory stereo
Well though out amenities- 3 power outlets, locking console, comfortable seats
Tow/Haul setting on the transmission- not an O/D cutoff, actually raises the shift points for towing (or enhanced performance unloaded)
16.5" factory wheels
18-20 MPG (I've owned much worse!)
It's paid off.
Single cab design keeps people from bumming rides or having to put up with a truckload of people.

Cons
100 MPH Governor
Factory tires (Generals, I think?) SUCKED. Replaced @ 40K with siped Michelin tires that lasted 90K miles (yes, they still had tread when replaced).
Single cab design prevents cab of truck from being loaded with multiple strippers for long distances.
"        " prevents seats from laying back.

Repairs
Alternator went out at 60K (replaced under warranty)
ABS unit fried at 90K (not covered under warranty, just disabled the system as I was broke at the time)
Developed slight coolant (1/2 gallon/90 days) leak around 170K, still not located.
Parking brake broke around 45K.

Have used Valvoline Synthetic oil on virtually every oil change. Truck uses no oil between changes (made at on-board computer reccomended intervals if not sooner).

There's a lot I love about this truck and not much I don't like. I've been overseas for a while, so most of those miles were stacked on between September 2000 and July 2004. I've driven the truck damned hard in the time I've owned it, and it hasn't shown any signs of letting up. Suspension is still tight, brakes still look good.

The worst part about this truck is wondering if I'll ever get another one as good!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
1995 Dodge Neon Coupe 5spd bought new May 1995. 155,000 miles

Pros: MPG 28-30 in the city, somewhere around 42 on the highway (overdrive kicks ass)
reliablilty, car has never left me stranded, and has always started when I got in it (except for the time I forgot to put gas in it, it started right up after putting two gallons in).
Performance, it is no sports car, and I have  no mods on it, but it handles very well in traffic, and accelrated well, a true road warrior I fear no SUV. Plus I can park it anywhere, I have never driven a four wheeled vehicle that was easier to park.
Cost I paid about 11 grand for the car new with 21 miles on it, it gets great mileage and the insurance is reasonable, I have never had a car that came close to being as cheap to drive.
Durability this car has only had the bare bones maintanence, it has been in half a dozen wrecks (two of which required major front end work), and has been up muddy roads that a one ton diesel van couldn't get up, and up and down half of the mountain roads in east TN. The only repairs I have ever had to make (that weren't the result of a collision) have been to replace the  parking brake lever, a new clutch cable, and a wheel bearing. I need to put on a suspension bushing kit now, but that is more of a ride quality issue.

Cons
Size It was plenty big enough when we bought it, I had just gotten married and we weren't planning on having kids for a while. We now have three crumb-snatchers and two dogs, taking family trips in this car is a bit crowded, but possible.
Looks Have you ever seen a 1995 Neon Coupe? Enough said.
Image If you care what people think of your ride (which I don't) a Neon isn't for you, it is considered a car for poor kids whose parents can't afford to buy them a Honda.
Ride Height My neon is low, forget having to jack it to change the oil, it is a pain to get the jack under the car, to put it on a lift you have to jack the sides to get teh arms under it. The low height has caused the exhaust pipe to be bent driving over speed bumps.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this car. When I bought it I was planning on buying a brand new Civic, but after test driving the two (as well as a dozen other cars), the Neon was the winner hands down. The ONLY thing I would have liked better about the Honda is the resale value, but the truth is that I have no intentin of selling it anytime soon.

I have a 2005 Neon automatic and ditto on your post - very nice little no-frills/every-day driver.

My first front-wheel drive car and it really goes great in the snow - I've always had 4WD before this and really cannot complain.

Funny thing about the cost. I only paid $9,500 for mine during the price wars this summer. I bet that's the last time I get a brand new car for less than $10K. It even has the "Sport Appearance Package", which includes better wheels, stereo, and a couple of other things. Also, 2005 was the last year for the Chrysler 7/70 plan - too bad.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
General Information:
2005 For Mustang GT. Bought nearly new (70 year old guy before me had it for two months before trading it in for an Audi...go figure). Currently has 13,200 miles.

Pros:
Read a Mustang forum, I don't have time to write a novel.

Cons:
I REALLY REALLY (did I say REALLY?) like this car, so the following list is my attempt at nitpicking the shit out of it. I realize that people have the tenency to overlook minor annoyances in their cars, particuarly when espousing their virtues. A Honda owner has ZERO problems when slamming a Dodge, and a Chevy owner has NEVER had ANY glitches when cussing a Ford, right?

Using absolute perfection as my yardstick, I came up with the following "gripes":

1. The cupholder is too close to the gear shift. Forget banging the gears with a beer in the console.

2. Oh lighten up you pussies, it was a joke.

3. The interior is a bit "plasticky".

4. The center console is hard to reach.

5. The passenger seat doesn't have power, lumbar support, etc. Only the driver gets to be comfortale.

6. Ford could have saved me alot of trouble by wet sanding the clear. Call me picky.

7. Short people bitch about the clutch, not that I've let any of them leave the driveway with it.

8. Something (I think it's the cat) rattles above 2000 rpm when it's really cold out. It goes away inside of 3 minutes.

9. The gas tank has a well documented (and mostly uncorrected) problem with fuel nozzles shutting off early. The "fix" is to fill the tank with the nozzle upside down. Don't ask me.

10. The factory stereo (Shaker 500) has a well documented (and mostly uncorrected) problem with CD's skipping. It's rare enough, that I don't give a shit for the most part. Still, it can be irritaing.

11. The rpm's rise a smidge when you depress the clutch. The new fly-by-wire throttle is to blame. Actually, the fly-by-wire setup is a little strange at first. A lot of tuners have solved these problems by re-programming the PCM.

12. People complain that the back seat is so small, it's worthless. Good thing nobody rides back there, and I make enough money to rent a room for the night.

13. The traction control only kicks in when you do something stunningly retarded.

14. It's snow handling is "average". It's a huge improvement over earlier models, but you still gotta baby it. This is her first and last winter, anyway. I'm buying a beater here in a month or so to punish until spring. I catch alot of flack for driving this in the rust belt during the winter.

15. They don't rattle as much as previous Mustangs, but people expecting the same refinement as a similarly priced Honda or Toyota will be sorely dissapointed. Little things in the interior require my frequent attention. It's a labor of love.

16. The radio has excellent highs, and the bass thumps pretty damn good for a factory unit, but the mids are really lacking. The guitar is hard to hear in some songs. Certain vocals are more subdued than they should be. It needs a proper EQ.

17. 300 horsies is nice, but 400 is nicer. It's getting a supercharger next year.

18. Mod motors are a little sluggish out of the hole. It likes the RPM's up a little higher. Sporting wood occurs at around 3500 RPM or so. Still, the 3.55 gearing isn't doing it for me, and I'm seriously considering installing taller gears - tall like 4.10's. The hell with gas mileage, this ain't no grocery getter.

19. Seriously, lighten up. I'd never drink a beer in the car. Shots fit nicer in the cupholder.

There. That's as honest as I can possibly be. It took me damn near 20 minutes to think this stuff up. That's every last thing I can think of, and none of really bothers me in the least bit. It's a badass ride, and I've never been happier with a car.

I have one, too - black 2005 GT.

Ditto on your post - damn nice car.

This is coming from a guy who had a 2002 C5 Corvette (too stero-typical - old-man's car) and 2004 RAM SRT-10 (Viper Truck - wayyy over the top) before the Mustang.

The Mustang is just classy retro-muscle and still stays under the radar.

This Mustang, while not as fast (also costs $15-$20K less) is one damned classy car. I get MANY more head-turns and compliments on it than I ever did the other two.

Ford did one hell of a retro job on this one - I got mine loaded with EVERY option available (including $1,400 Shaker/1000 stereo) for $30,500.

Your right about the cup-holder - get's in your way when you are shifting.

300HP is plenty for me (hell the 350 in the 'Vette and 505 in the SRT-10 were, too), but there's room to mod the shit out of it.

This is my "toy", so I don't drive it in the winter.

First thing I do after I start it is turn the "Traction Control" off - lets you really "use" the car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top