User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BOSN1AC:

@DV8EDD

How much does ceramic coating cost on a car?
View Quote

It varies wildly depending on how many coats, which product, & how much paint correction is needed.

I was quoted between $500 & $2K here, & will determine final cost when he's ready to do it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
How comfortable are these for long highway rides? Wind noise?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TLWrench] [#3]
Originally Posted By BP-43:
View Quote
I can only speak for the Challenger R/T SP Widebody, but with its adaptive suspension and ventilated/heated seats, it is as comfortable a car as I have ever driven on the highway on long drives. If one is optioned with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) (and the driver knows how to use it), that also cuts down on some of the fatigue that might come with a long trip and dealing with traffic. As for wind noise, I've never noticed any significant amount. There's definitely far less wind noise than on my 1st gen Durango. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Challenger R/T SP WB is an ideal Grand Touring car.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Speaking from a non wide body scat pack, damn near no wind noise. It's pretty quiet. As for comfort, they're couches on wheels. The best seat of any car I have owned.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]

@DV8EDD

View Quote

I paid $3k for my car. Wheels and calipers included. That price also includes some paint protection film. It's not cheap. I'm not sure if I would do it again. There is a lot of work involved, but still expensive, IMO.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

I paid $3k for my car. Wheels and calipers included. That price also includes some paint protection film. It's not cheap. I'm not sure if I would do it again. There is a lot of work involved, but still expensive, IMO.

https://i.ibb.co/W6vfz3C/94021970-2520905404787908-8821514723179626496-o.jpg
View Quote

Looks great.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
Looks like rain here tomorrow, but I couldn't take looking at the pollen on my Scat Pack anymore, along with the thick coat of brake dust on the wheels, so, I had no choice but to hand wash her.

When these brake pads are done, I'll probably switch over to the far less dusty carbon-ceramic Power Stop pads that folks with the Widebody recommend, but until then I have to keep cleaning them. Along those lines, I have to give a big time recommendation for TUGA Alu-Teufel Special Wheel Rim Cleaner. It did a really good job of clearing off the brake dust of the "Carbon Black" wheels. It's a little pricey, but I don't mind the price if it means I don't break my back cleaning my rims. I probably used about 20% of the bottle cleaning all four wheels.

Anyway, here she is. Again, given the rain that is coming, she'll probably be under cover by this evening through to Tuesday.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4201/20210410_Challenger_Hand_Wash_20210410_1-1899834.jpg
View Quote

Try Chemical guys wheel max guard wheel wax, it's supposed to cut down on how difficult it is to clean wheels with brake dust, so far no complaints from me.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for the info! My rims will be ceramic coated eventually. A couple of them had cosmetic flaws upon delivery, so Dodge is going to replace them - once they can get some spares (Mopar Part No. 6TF27VXWAA). Between COVID, factory shutdowns, logistical issues, and the relative rarity of those wheels, it might be a while before they are replaced and I get the set coated. I've also been checking the secondary market for a reconditioned, salvaged, or cloned matching rim for less than $500. I already have a used tire with a bunch of tread left that I'd like to get mounted on a spare rim and toss that in my trunk as a full-sized spare. That said, these rims are extremely hard to find right now (at the price I want), but I don't mind waiting for the right time and price.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Well, mine is pretty comfortable for long rides.  With just over 1k miles on my 2020 1320, I hopped in it and drove it to DC for that, um, thing.  Left Central Florida afternoon of the 4th, stopped in northern SC for the night, arrived in Arlington afternoon of the 5th, left Arlington around 7AM on the 7th, was back home that night before 10PM.  

Stopped for fuel and a piss break every 300 or so miles, no real discomfort, road noise wasn't bad, usually had music or an audiobook playing at moderate volume so it was a non-issue.  My previous Challenger T/A with PZeros was a bit quieter than the Nexens, but was lower and had a firm Bilstein setup from the factory, not adaptive suspension so expansion joints and such were less pleasant.

Only concern during the whole trip was the morning of the 7th, there were spots of I95 in VA where temps were just below freezing which had me cautious considering I was still on the factory Nexen drag radials.  I also have Adaptive Cruise, which is a legsaver and a lifesaver.  Oh, and the interstate deer that night in SC on the way up kept me on my toes.

Averaged 72MPH and 23MPG on that trip, which was just under 2K miles.  

TL;DR:  It's a great road-trip car.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Any one use these as a daily driver in the snow?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Any one use these as a daily driver in the snow?
View Quote

Fat tires, rear wheel drive and a ton of horsepower?
While it's fun, it's not really the smartest thing to do

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BP-43] [#12]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

Fat tires, rear wheel drive and a ton of horsepower?
While it's fun, it's not really the smartest thing to do

View Quote

Dedicated winter tires and wheels. Rear end is LSD?
Drove crown vic in lake effect snow winter for years.
Winter tires made me pass all the lifted bro dozers around here.
Im not worried about getting stuck Im worried about being able to stop and go stragiht and almost all of that is winter tires and center of gravity.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@DV8EDD

been AFK for a while.  Mine was $700 i think for ceramic.  I also had PPF done on full front and some custom cuts for the rear.  gotta say, i love the ceramic coating.  water beads right off, i can almost completely dry the car with my leaf blower.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Well, mine is pretty comfortable for long rides.  With just over 1k miles on my 2020 1320, I hopped in it and drove it to DC for that, um, thing.  Left Central Florida afternoon of the 4th, stopped in northern SC for the night, arrived in Arlington afternoon of the 5th, left Arlington around 7AM on the 7th, was back home that night before 10PM.  

Stopped for fuel and a piss break every 300 or so miles, no real discomfort, road noise wasn't bad, usually had music or an audiobook playing at moderate volume so it was a non-issue.  My previous Challenger T/A with PZeros was a bit quieter than the Nexens, but was lower and had a firm Bilstein setup from the factory, not adaptive suspension so expansion joints and such were less pleasant.

Only concern during the whole trip was the morning of the 7th, there were spots of I95 in VA where temps were just below freezing which had me cautious considering I was still on the factory Nexen drag radials.  I also have Adaptive Cruise, which is a legsaver and a lifesaver.  Oh, and the interstate deer that night in SC on the way up kept me on my toes.

Averaged 72MPH and 23MPG on that trip, which was just under 2K miles.  

TL;DR:  It's a great road-trip car.
View Quote

I road tripped mine to FL, about 9 hours each way, a few weeks ago.  I have done that same drive in our 2014 Jeep GC and my old 2018 RAM 1500 Laramie.  I was shocked that the car was probably the most comfortable ride, and it was more fun to boot.  

My wife said she prefers the Jeep for comfort.  She is 5'1" and I'm 6'4".  the seats are a tad long for her.  the length of seats is usually my main complaint b/c of my height.  they tend to be too short.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#15]
All the wide body Scat Packs here are north of $40k even used. Not sure I want to pay that over a let’s say a C7 or a Mustang GT. But damn I want one
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#16]
So it is finally here - car is great, but I will never buy another Stellantis product again as they don't know how to treat their customers - next truck will be a Toyota.
Splitter guards will come off tomorrow, & I'll take better pictures before it starts getting dark.
Dealer license plate frame is already in the recycle bin.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad you got it, glad you like it, sorry you feel like you were mistreated.  It's been a shitshow for everything this last year, don't blame Dodge for stuff out of their control.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad you got it, glad you like it, sorry you feel like you were mistreated.  It's been a shitshow for everything this last year, don't blame Dodge for stuff out of their control.
View Quote

My car was built & ready to be shipped on March 8th (the factory is 530 miles from my dealer - a 1 day drive).
They either couldn't or wouldn't tell me where it was from that point on (I contacted them numerous times).
On April 22nd I emailed the customer care lady handling my "escalated" claim & told her she had 5 days to make the car appear at the dealership otherwise I was coming in to get my deposit back.
On April 26th the car magically appeared (funny how that happened) & the dealer started pressuring me to come pick it up today.
Then to top it off, these idiots scheduled 17 cars to be picked up this afternoon - and they only had 1 finance guy working, they gave the other ones the day off.
Oh, and the customer care lady emailed me today telling me my car came in & asked if I picked it up yet - she waited until she knew I was getting the car.  
All this stuff was absolutely within their control - terrible company, & it's only going to get worse as Peugeot/Stellantis runs it the rest of the way into the ground.
I've bought a lot of cars & I've never seen anything like this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Was your car actually finished on March 8th, or just released from the Brampton factory?  

1320s (along with Hellcats, T/A, Shaker, and SP Widebody, Anniversary editions, etc) have to go to an upfitter in Ontario (contract shops which are NOT part of FCA) after they're released from Brampton, and the upfitters are not as wired in to the tracking chain as FCA factories are, and they have their own scheduling priority, so your car may have gotten there weeks before but just sat as they waited/tooled up to do a full 1320 run, or waited for 1320 badges, etc.

Then, on top of that, just about anything shipped out the upfitter travels the last leg from the railhead in an enclosed trailer (if it didn't go enclosed trailer all the way).  So you've got longer delays there waiting on two-car/four-car trailers and the trucks to tote them than you'd have on conventional car carriers, and as a low-production vehicle, less chance of enough cars to fill up the load going in the same general direction, and trucking companies are serious about route efficiency, so you're at their mercy for the final stage.

Basically, specialty Challengers and Chargers took at least another two weeks to a month to get to the dealership than regular builds, and that was before the Wuflu shutdowns, and before the materials shortage.  And lets not forget the draconian lockdowns in Canada.

And seriously, unless they call the upfitter, and the upfitter hollers at somebody on the production floor, and they actually give a shit enough to look it up, FCA doesn't know anything other than VIN X is at Upfitter.  And just like just about any other company that has to deal with "shipping" complaints these days, policy is to spout platitudes rather than opening the floodgates of "dude, where's my car?" and the staffing needed to answer that accurately rather than vaguely.  And it's part of the reason they keep using the dealership model, to let the dealership deal with crap like that.

Yeah, I understand you were anxious to get your 1320, and I understand the answers you were getting were frustrating, but I totally guaranfuckingtee that your calls didn't light any sort of fire under anybody's ass that got your car to your dealer one second earlier than it would have if you'd not said a thing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Was your car actually finished on March 8th, or just released from the Brampton factory?  

1320s (along with Hellcats, T/A, Shaker, and SP Widebody, Anniversary editions, etc) have to go to an upfitter in Ontario (contract shops which are NOT part of FCA) after they're released from Brampton, and the upfitters are not as wired in to the tracking chain as FCA factories are, and they have their own scheduling priority, so your car may have gotten there weeks before but just sat as they waited/tooled up to do a full 1320 run, or waited for 1320 badges, etc.

Then, on top of that, just about anything shipped out the upfitter travels the last leg from the railhead in an enclosed trailer (if it didn't go enclosed trailer all the way).  So you've got longer delays there waiting on two-car/four-car trailers and the trucks to tote them than you'd have on conventional car carriers, and as a low-production vehicle, less chance of enough cars to fill up the load going in the same general direction, and trucking companies are serious about route efficiency, so you're at their mercy for the final stage.

Basically, specialty Challengers and Chargers took at least another two weeks to a month to get to the dealership than regular builds, and that was before the Wuflu shutdowns, and before the materials shortage.  And lets not forget the draconian lockdowns in Canada.

And seriously, unless they call the upfitter, and the upfitter hollers at somebody on the production floor, and they actually give a shit enough to look it up, FCA doesn't know anything other than VIN X is at Upfitter.  And just like just about any other company that has to deal with "shipping" complaints these days, policy is to spout platitudes rather than opening the floodgates of "dude, where's my car?" and the staffing needed to answer that accurately rather than vaguely.  And it's part of the reason they keep using the dealership model, to let the dealership deal with crap like that.

Yeah, I understand you were anxious to get your 1320, and I understand the answers you were getting were frustrating, but I totally guaranfuckingtee that your calls didn't light any sort of fire under anybody's ass that got your car to your dealer one second earlier than it would have if you'd not said a thing.
View Quote

On March 2nd they told me my car was completed & waiting on final inspection.
I was told that when the window sticker isn't printed until the car has been completed & passed final inspection.
Window sticker was printed on March 8th, uploaded online on March 10th.

Maybe it was coincidence, maybe not, but I will never buy anything from them again - and I was considering replacing my Silverado with a Ram next.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#21]
The car looks Awesome!!!

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
So it is finally here - car is great, but I will never buy another Stellantis product again as they don't know how to treat their customers - next truck will be a Toyota.
Splitter guards will come off tomorrow, & I'll take better pictures before it starts getting dark.
Dealer license plate frame is already in the recycle bin.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/IMG_5341_jpg-1921560.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/IMG_5342_jpg-1921561.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/IMG_5343_jpg-1921562.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/IMG_5345_jpg-1921563.JPG
View Quote

Very nice! Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Carvanna will give me $38,270 for my 2019 scatpack with 31,200 miles.

I would take it but can't find an Indigo blue hellcat redeye charger anywhere without a sunroof or with the options I want.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
@shocktrp after she's broken in, Ima looking forward to your thoughts and maybe some 0-60 badassery.
View Quote

Soon...

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8Z5RgA8Cs
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Found this used 1320 with 15,900 miles, anyone care to guess on the asking price?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:
Found this used 1320 with 15,900 miles, anyone care to guess on the asking price?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323474/1320_WindowStickerPDF_1_jpg-1939462.JPG
View Quote

$40k-$42k, I reckon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323474/1320_WindowStickerPDF_1_jpg-1939462.JPG
View Quote

Probably $50K.

You can probably still find a new 2020 with the Power Dollars rebate.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The Dealer is asking $40,998 for it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#34]

The Dealer is asking $40,998 for it.
View Quote

Might as well take a new one minus the rebates or the 0% interest for 72 months.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:07:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#36]

Might as well take a new one minus the rebates or the 0% interest for 72 months.
View Quote

Better buy this weekend then, if you can find one.  Stellantis is slashing rebates on everything on the 17th, and the 0% interest is going away too (Stellantis subsidizes that rate by essentially giving Santander/Chrysler Capital the rebate) .  

And on top of that, good luck finding a dealership that will discount any of the 392 models by very much, if any.

I don't blame them, new (and used) car inventory is ridiculously low nationwide for all makes and models, and it'll be months (barring more supply chain issues) before inventory levels are back up.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Better buy this weekend then, if you can find one.  Stellantis is slashing rebates on everything on the 17th, and the 0% interest is going away too (Stellantis subsidizes that rate by essentially giving Santander/Chrysler Capital the rebate) .  

And on top of that, good luck finding a dealership that will discount any of the 392 models by very much, if any.

I don't blame them, new (and used) car inventory is ridiculously low nationwide for all makes and models, and it'll be months (barring more supply chain issues) before inventory levels are back up.

View Quote

Well if that's the case then it's time to give up on this model year & wait for 2022 - let them keep their inventory...

On a side note, these idiots sent me another email for $500 in "retail bonus cash" if I buy before 6/1/21 - as if I'm going to buy a second car at a higher price.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a 4.1 today on the OE Pirelli all-seasons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 2:18:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFII] [#40]
So I ordered a 21 Challenger Hellcat narrow body. Plus Package, driver convenience package, carbon/suede interior, Black alcantara, red seatbelts and PZero summer tires. F8 green. It was 4% under invoice and my dealer was exceptionally generous with my trade.

This is what it should look like. I am pumped.

8155B1FE-B7DE-40C5-8295-D264D1B2D8EE by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 3:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#43]

ETA, i could be wrong, but i think you might get a "two scoop" hood on a new built one at this time.
View Quote

Nice catch. You are right. This was just the only good pic of a hellcat F8 non widebody I could steal. Lol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CFII:
So I ordered a 21 Challenger Hellcat narrow body. Plus Package, driver convenience package, carbon/suede interior, Black alcantara, red seatbelts and PZero summer tires. F8 green. It was 4% under invoice and my dealer was exceptionally generous with my trade.

This is what it should look like. I am pumped.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51195934873_cf4e2ba924_b.jpg8155B1FE-B7DE-40C5-8295-D264D1B2D8EE by MajorLeagueHooker, on Flickr
View Quote

No harman kardon or rear seat delete???
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Everybody in here either has a hellcat or a scat pack... unless I could find a good deal on a scat pack... Looks like Id be going with an R/T... Will I hate that? haha
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#46]
No, you won't hate it.  Sign of the golden age of power we're in that you have to question if 375HP and 410lb-ft is enough.  :)

I drove one for two years.  Sounds "just as good" as the 6.4 most of the time, gets better mileage, can run on 89 octane, thousands cheaper to buy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By wpsharpshooter:
Everybody in here either has a hellcat or a scat pack... unless I could find a good deal on a scat pack... Looks like Id be going with an R/T... Will I hate that? haha
View Quote

There will probably be better deals at the end of the year.

You should wait, if you get the 5.7 you're going to wish you held out for the 6.4...
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#48]

There will probably be better deals at the end of the year.

You should wait, if you get the 5.7 you're going to wish you held out for the 6.4...
View Quote

Exactly this. Coming from someone who bought a R/T first, then got a Scat Pack.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Exactly this. Coming from someone who bought a R/T first, then got a Scat Pack.
View Quote

Agreed, I did the same thing.

6.4>>>>>>>>>>>>5.7

Handling of Scat Pack is also far superior.

2011 R/T to 2015 Scat Pack
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:

No harman kardon or rear seat delete???
View Quote

That HK stereo is pricey and I like rear seats (not that I have anyone to go back there). I had to exercise restraint on this build, but I think I am going to like it.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top