BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By icecold1:

i ordered a go mango wide body scat pack with shaker hood, summer tires, carbon black rims, srt spoiler, harmon kardon stereo and nappa black seats. put the driver convenience and plus packages along with the auto transmission and navigation upgrade.

was sitting in a black one at the dealer, but just felt the need to go orange.

ill post pics once it arrives and i get the windows tinted.
View Quote

Interesting choice on the wheels - I like those standard wide body devils rims.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

This asshole will show you;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMMb6SpRts
View Quote

That dude is stupid as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I am happy with the 275/40/20's on this. Makes a lot of difference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Butternut:

Hellcat is king of the hill in my mind, do doubt. If I could have afforded it, I woulda got one, without doubt.

I might have posted this before, but here's an interesting article on the gearing for the NA 6.4 compared to the gearing for the SC 6.2.

neat R/T butt dyno article

( https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a25271/fool-your-butt-dyno-for-fun-and-profit/ )

"Despite having 222 fewer horsepower than the Hellcat, the automatic Scat Pack briefly pulls harder in every one of its first five gears than the manual Hellcat does."

"It's the same in every other gear. The Scat Pack briefly accelerates harder and thus feels faster than the Hellcat. But because the Hellcat pulls hard for longer, it's ultimately the faster car."

View Quote

No joke, and I mentioned this a page ago, but my 1320 is more impressive on the street 0-60 than a WB Hellcat.  It just squats, hooks, and goes, all you have to do is put the suspension in drag mode, no futzing with launch control or trans brake.   Hellcat will still murder it in the end, obviously, but for stoplight fun, it's a beast.  Pulling solid mid-11 quarter times all over the country, stock (but usually sans seats) and on the factory tires ain't nothing to sneeze at.  115-117 trap speed, you can sneeze at that.  :)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

It should look like this
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]

When did they say they expected delivery - the beginning of April?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#9]
They are waiting on a build date but he expected it to be late April early may
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]

I've always LOVED the looks of those. Badass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hicksvilleshick:
Ok so mine isn't a challenger, but it's the same platform.
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66306088_10205842595299518_6663240648453259264_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=xCkZC4u8kkQAX9zhBae&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=aca4fbfe58b8275899e53cbc5ad6d5c5&oe=602AEC4F

Catch can is a must. Direct injection is the reason. Granted I only have the 5.7 but a mid muffler delete is a good thing. More growl but not obnoxious or horribly loud. No drone with leaving the resonators in. You will however notice the DOD more.

I also put a diablo tune in mine. I've noticed a pretty significant change for the better, especially with the throttle boost.

I've always LOVED the looks of those. Badass.

As a former 2nd Gen Intrepid owner, I've always thought that the 300M line was underdeveloped for what Dodge could have done with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#11]

That is going to be an awesome car!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#14]
If your wheels can fit them, highly recommend the 295/35 DWS06. Fastest 0-60 is 4.1 so far

100x better than the stock 275 Pierelli

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#16]
Looking to upgrade before my warranty is up....

Local dealer has this on the lot. Two things though. Not sure if I want to go from a Charger to a Challenger, and if I got a challenger, I really want the widebody. Plus all the blind spots with the challenger.

But F8 Green or the Grey with Orange brake calipers is what I really wanted.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#17]
IMHO, aside from that being performance you usually have to pay two or three times as much to get, it's really mind blowing cool, to me, when considering the mass and cargo capacity of the beast that they gracefully do that with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
If your wheels can fit them, highly recommend the 295/35 DWS06. Fastest 0-60 is 4.1 so far

100x better than the stock 275 Pierelli

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/Screenshot_20210117-122344_Gallery_jpg-1783740.JPG
IMHO, aside from that being performance you usually have to pay two or three times as much to get, it's really mind blowing cool, to me, when considering the mass and cargo capacity of the beast that they gracefully do that with.

I'd love to know the true potential if it didn't spin tires... aka I want to see a police package AWD with the 392 put into it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Nice, thank you. Ima Dodge nut now, but I don't know much about the 1320. Will consume it and off to youtube

ETA @shocktrp, that's badass. Now I get it. They sure did their homework on creating that rocket ship.
View Quote

Here's some people to follow;

https://www.youtube.com/c/RacerX9/videos A lot of Charger/Challenger content, and now he added a Mustang. Works with a lot of dealers to borrow cars for content.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ocmotivator/videos Mostly Hellcats

https://www.youtube.com/c/Scavenger1320/videos 1320 Guy

https://www.youtube.com/c/Destroyer1320/videos 1320 Guy

https://www.youtube.com/c/86face/videos RIPP supercharger guy turned 1320 guy

https://www.youtube.com/c/SchwayZ/videos Mopar Guy

https://www.youtube.com/c/Demonology/videos Demon guy that just races all the time
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Local dealer has this on the lot. Two things though. Not sure if I want to go from a Charger to a Challenger, and if I got a challenger, I really want the widebody. Plus all the blind spots with the challenger.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/ac32716b9a7232b8852ff51aadf2a002_jpg-1783757.JPG
View Quote

How much time do you have before you need to make a decision?
Power dollars probably won't be back until March or April - right now the rebate on the Hellcar is only $6K instead of $7,170 (or $7,970 for the Redeye).

If you just want a wide body for looks, you can buy an aftermarket kit & rims/tires for less than the $6K difference in MSRP (& you's still have your regular rims/tires to sell to someone with a lower model.  
(You won't get the widebody suspension, but I don't even know what that is compared to the regular HC.)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:58:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#22]

Power dollars probably won't be back until March or April - right now the rebate on the Hellcar is only $6K instead of $7,170 (or $7,970 for the Redeye).

If you just want a wide body for looks, you can buy an aftermarket kit & rims/tires for less than the $6K difference in MSRP (& you's still have your regular rims/tires to sell to someone with a lower model.  
(You won't get the widebody suspension, but I don't even know what that is compared to the regular HC.)
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/477522/ac32716b9a7232b8852ff51aadf2a002_jpg-1783757.JPG

February 2022,

I want to trade in this year, as my 2018 SRT's bluebook value was 42,000 last November, the second it hit 2021 the value fell to 36-37,000.

Looking around its slim pickings on anything with a hellcat motor. My friend is trying to trade his trackhawk in for another and he can't find any either.

I'd prefer to buy a 2020, as I paid $45,000 for my 2018 SRT in 2019
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#23]
it's really mind blowing cool, to me, when considering the mass and cargo capacity of the beast that they gracefully do that with.
View Quote

I had a 10 foot section of PVC pipe in my car yesterday. Nothing sticking out of the window. No open trunk and still had about 2 foot more of room, with only the back seat down. Not many cars I know of that can do that, let alone a 2 door car, made today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#25]

February 2022,

I want to trade in this year, as my 2018 SRT's bluebook value was 42,000 last November, the second it hit 2021 the value fell to 36-37,000.

Looking around its slim pickings on anything with a hellcat motor. My friend is trying to trade his trackhawk in for another and he can't find any either.

I'd prefer to buy a 2020, as I paid $45,000 for my 2018 SRT in 2019
View Quote

We've got a used 2020 WB in stock, 2400 miles.  Triple Nickel with carbon stripes, auto, sunroof, red calipers, Alpine, suede.  We can ship to WA. :)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]
My neighbor does.  It’s pretty sweet.  She just added the gull / Lamborghini type doors.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve found you can accelerate past what could be in your blind spot pretty easily.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:33:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TLWrench] [#28]
Now there's another one "around"...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Dude, congratulations!  I freaking LOVE that color.  
View All Quotes
Thank you. The cell phone photos really don't do it justice. It's a stunning color when you see it in person.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Isn't there a beautiful, understated metallic flake in it? Just gorgeous.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
Thank you. The cell phone photos really don't do it justice. It's a stunning color when you see it in person.

Isn't there a beautiful, understated metallic flake in it? Just gorgeous.
Yes there is. Dodge calls it "Octane Red."
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
Yes there is. Dodge calls it "Octane Red."
View Quote

I swore a long time ago I would never own another red car - when I saw the Octane Red in the showroom I almost went with that instead of Hellraisin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Gratuitous pic from today's out and about. We had beautiful, chilly, clear weather today. We may or may not have left some rubber ribbons somewhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/88366/thumbnail_20210130_141851-1803604.jpg

View Quote

Black Lines Matter...
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Black Lines Matter...
View Quote

@shocktrp

Any update on the assembly plant getting back to work next week?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:

@shocktrp

Any update on the assembly plant getting back to work next week?
View Quote

Been looking, haven't seen anything.

I have my vin# from Dodge, but the links to see the sticker & build sheet still won't work for me (you copy this link into your browser, then add you vin at the end, after the = sign);

https://www.dodge.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Well, since the take rate (percentage of cars ordered) 5.7 manual cars is very low, it's sort of a non-issue.   The type of Challenger owner that wants a manual generally opts for the 6.4 (or 6.2).  

And even on the Scats the manual take rate is still low, despite having the highest take rate of any model variant from any manufacturer (where manual and auto are both available, so that doesn't count manual-only cars like, oh, a Civic Type R).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Croak:
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

5.7 with a manual transmission requires premium.

Page 289 of the owner's manual:

5.7L Engine (With Manual Transmission)
Do not use E-85 flex fuel or ethanol blends
greater than 15% in this engine.
This engine is designed to meet all
emission regulations, provide optimal
fuel economy and performance when
using high-quality unleaded
“Premium” gasoline having a posted octane
number of 91 as specified by the (R+M)/2
method. The use of 91 or higher octane
“Premium” gasoline is required for this engine.
While operating on gasoline with the required
octane number, hearing a light knocking sound
from the engine is not a cause for concern.
However, if the engine is heard making a heavy
knocking sound, see your dealer immediately.
Use of gasoline with a lower than recommended
octane number can cause engine failure and
may void or not be covered by the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.
Poor quality gasoline can cause problems such as
hard starting, stalling, and hesitations. If you experience these symptoms, try another brand of gasoline before considering service for the vehicle.

Well, since the take rate (percentage of cars ordered) 5.7 manual cars is very low, it's sort of a non-issue.   The type of Challenger owner that wants a manual generally opts for the 6.4 (or 6.2).  

And even on the Scats the manual take rate is still low, despite having the highest take rate of any model variant from any manufacturer (where manual and auto are both available, so that doesn't count manual-only cars like, oh, a Civic Type R).

We were just looking to add a manual to the stable to teach the kids, now that they're coming of age. The Ecoboost Mustang we test drove made more economical sense, but after the wife test drove the R/T I knew economics went out the window.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Anybody know if they reopened the factory on February 1st like they were supposed to?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Anybody know if they reopened the factory on February 1st like they were supposed to?
View Quote

I did some poking and could not find any confirmation that it had. According to autoblog the plant was idled due to shortage of semiconductors.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By rrhemi:

I did some poking and could not find any confirmation that it had. According to autoblog the plant was idled due to shortage of semiconductors.
View Quote

Yes, they screwed us to keep the other lines open.

You would think that they would at least continue to process customer orders at all the plants, even if they only opened them for a couple of days each week.

I guess the upside to this is that the longer the plant is closed, the less are produced, & the more rare it becomes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Are the hellcat lines closed too? I can't find any available, any my friend can't find a trackhawk either.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#45]
So I called this number, the automated system wouldn't recognize my vin but once I got someone on the phone they could see it as "in production" & that the car is actually mine - but no code or other information.
My estimated ship date is now March 2nd (it was originally a delivery date the week of February 24th) but she said that could change & I should call back again next week.

Attachment Attached File

I also found this as a site to enter your vin (but mine still doesn't show up yet);

https://vin.infonavgenie.com/view2
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Are the hellcat lines closed too? I can't find any available, any my friend can't find a trackhawk either.
View Quote

SRT Challenger & Charger are at this plant.

Jeep is built somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Grand Cherokees and Durangos come out of the Jefferson North plant in Detroit
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

What are you having built?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By rrhemi:

What are you having built?
View Quote

Challenger 1320.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Challenger 1320.
View Quote

Nice! I am on my second one
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top