Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I could not tell, it was getting dark. Only reason I knew it was a hellcat other than me not passing it, was after we kinda ran out of room he made a u turn. I followed right behind him and my HIDs hit the side of his car as we were both making the turn. The light shined bright on that logo on the side. With that said, muscle car guys never know how to line up to race in my neck of the woods. They always do ricer fly bys or like today just hit it off a turn🙄
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:

I hear you folks in FL drive fast.
View Quote

Highway 75 has a posted speed limit of 70 MPH. If you're doing the speed limit, you better be in the right lane, as you'll be impeding traffic. Cops won't mess with you, unless you're doing 85+, from my personal experience. ( never pulled over doing low 80's, passing cops )
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Jelly.
View Quote

You'd love the cop cars here as well.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my vin# today.

Anybody have the link where you can track your order online?

Every one that I found is a dead link.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
Got my vin# today.

View Quote

FCA stopped doing that years ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Got my vin# today.

View Quote

Would you be willing to share details on what you ordered, I'm really considering ordering one myself,
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:23:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#10]
You can finally build & price a 2021 on the Dodge website.

Price isn't final - it depends on the rebates at the time of delivery.

Right now it is a $3K rebate on the 2021's.
Power dollars ($4,850 rebate) will probably be back in March once the 2021's are sitting on the lots.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Late to the party in this thread.

I was going to order a 2021 Widebody T/A to replace my 2018 T/A Plus.

Then this happened instead:

2020 Scat Pack 1320 in Frostbite.  This thing launches like a beast.  I've been behind the wheel of many Scats, wide and narrow, and some Cats, and this thing still impresses.  Ripping 3.8 second 0-60's on the street (according to my EVIC) without foot braking. launch control or trans brake.  Drag mode and those Nexen drag radials are effective AF, trans brake and LC is just gravy.  Will take it to the Bradenton strip after the holidays.

Also cool that they only made 410 for 2020, and just 1,054 for 2019.

Might have to get a new license plate though, since, well, it's no longer on a 5.7.  :)

Did a little bling with vinyl, but no plans to mod this one, gonna leave it stock, though the rear seat delete kit might happen.  This is my third Challenger, and the only people that have been in the back seat of any of them is the window tint guy and me running wiring to the trunk for a dash cam.

Oh, and this is going on, just waiting for the replacement pieces from Luxe.  Angry Bee was going uphill.   :)

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I'm going to play around with the build it on the web site.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Croak:
Late to the party in this thread.

I was going to order a 2021 Widebody T/A to replace my 2018 T/A Plus.

Then this happened instead:

https://i.imgur.com/zKqg4vd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/umsIy3N.jpg

2020 Scat Pack 1320 in Frostbite.  This thing launches like a beast.  I've been behind the wheel of many Scats, wide and narrow, and some Cats, and this thing still impresses.  Ripping 3.8 second 0-60's on the street (according to my EVIC) without foot braking. launch control or trans brake.  Drag mode and those Nexen drag radials are effective AF, trans brake and LC is just gravy.  Will take it to the Bradenton strip after the holidays.

Also cool that they only made 410 for 2020, and just 1,054 for 2019.

Might have to get a new license plate though, since, well, it's no longer on a 5.7.  :)

https://i.imgur.com/mIvXmQ3.jpg

Did a little bling with vinyl, but no plans to mod this one, gonna leave it stock, though the rear seat delete kit might happen.  This is my third Challenger, and the only people that have been in the back seat of any of them is the window tint guy and me running wiring to the trunk for a dash cam.

https://i.imgur.com/tLcN5AK.jpg

Oh, and this is going on, just waiting for the replacement pieces from Luxe.  Angry Bee was going uphill.   :)

https://i.imgur.com/isYANYl.jpg

View Quote

Nice, but I wouldn't have accepted the car with the dealer sticker on the back - if they want their advertising on your car then they need to pay a monthly fee...
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#14]

I don't understand why anyone buys a loaded RT/RT Plus.
Even if you're taking one out of existing dealer inventory, there's not much room between invoice & MSRP for them to knock off unless they're screwing you on financing or trade in (and your $10/HP rebate is $3,750 instead of $4,850 by choosing the 5.7 over the 6.4).
It only makes sense if you must have a V8 & you're buying one completely stripped for $32K net (minus maybe a little bit that you can get the dealer to knock off).
If you want to go as cheap as possible you can get a stripped V6 for $25K net.
View Quote

I bought an aged inventory new T/A Plus 5.7 from the dealer lot in late 2018.  Had all the options I wanted (HK, tech group, blind spot, sunroof, hood pins, nav, performance handling group, Plus package, etc) and a $52k sticker.  Same car in a T/A 392 was $4k more, and didn't exist on the ground anywhere near me, even in colors I didn't want.  Power Dollars wasn't a thing back then either, rebates were the same for all motors.  Got a solid deal on it, don't regret the two enjoyable years I owned it at all.   Still think it looked better than my new 1320.

Frankly, the 5.7 makes more sense for most folks.  Still sounds great, still has 400+ lb-ft torque so it's plenty fun from a dig (and 375hp ain't chopped liver!), gets better mileage, doesn't need 91/93, doesn't come (as) under-tired, and cheaper insurance too, and even with Power Dollars, it's still more than $2k cheaper to buy, all else being equal.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:04:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Nice, but I wouldn't have accepted the car with the dealer sticker on the back - if they want their advertising on your car then they need to pay a monthly fee...
View Quote

Well, since I work there, I have no issues.  :)
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:41:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Frankly, the 5.7 makes more sense for most folks.  Still sounds great, still has 400+ lb-ft torque so it's plenty fun from a dig (and 375hp ain't chopped liver!), gets better mileage, doesn't need 91/93, doesn't come (as) under-tired, and cheaper insurance too, and even with Power Dollars, it's still more than $2k cheaper to buy, all else being equal.
View Quote

5.7 with a manual transmission requires premium.

Page 289 of the owner's manual:

5.7L Engine (With Manual Transmission)
Do not use E-85 flex fuel or ethanol blends
greater than 15% in this engine.
This engine is designed to meet all
emission regulations, provide optimal
fuel economy and performance when
using high-quality unleaded
“Premium” gasoline having a posted octane
number of 91 as specified by the (R+M)/2
method. The use of 91 or higher octane
“Premium” gasoline is required for this engine.
While operating on gasoline with the required
octane number, hearing a light knocking sound
from the engine is not a cause for concern.
However, if the engine is heard making a heavy
knocking sound, see your dealer immediately.
Use of gasoline with a lower than recommended
octane number can cause engine failure and
may void or not be covered by the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.
Poor quality gasoline can cause problems such as
hard starting, stalling, and hesitations. If you experience these symptoms, try another brand of gasoline before considering service for the vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

5.7 with a manual transmission requires premium.

Page 289 of the owner's manual:

5.7L Engine (With Manual Transmission)
Do not use E-85 flex fuel or ethanol blends
greater than 15% in this engine.
This engine is designed to meet all
emission regulations, provide optimal
fuel economy and performance when
using high-quality unleaded
“Premium” gasoline having a posted octane
number of 91 as specified by the (R+M)/2
method. The use of 91 or higher octane
“Premium” gasoline is required for this engine.
While operating on gasoline with the required
octane number, hearing a light knocking sound
from the engine is not a cause for concern.
However, if the engine is heard making a heavy
knocking sound, see your dealer immediately.
Use of gasoline with a lower than recommended
octane number can cause engine failure and
may void or not be covered by the New Vehicle
Limited Warranty.
Poor quality gasoline can cause problems such as
hard starting, stalling, and hesitations. If you experience these symptoms, try another brand of gasoline before considering service for the vehicle.
View Quote

Well, since the take rate (percentage of cars ordered) 5.7 manual cars is very low, it's sort of a non-issue.   The type of Challenger owner that wants a manual generally opts for the 6.4 (or 6.2).  

And even on the Scats the manual take rate is still low, despite having the highest take rate of any model variant from any manufacturer (where manual and auto are both available, so that doesn't count manual-only cars like, oh, a Civic Type R).
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Some beautiful Challengers in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#20]
IndiGO > frostbite

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:
IndiGO > frostbite

View Quote

Don't disagree.  Widebody T/A I wanted to order would have probably been IndiGo.  And I still think B5>Frostbite too.  But Frostbite grows on you...or maybe you just get numb from it.  :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Is it possible to order the Shaker Package with the 1320 cars?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:
Is it possible to order the Shaker Package with the 1320 cars?
View Quote

No, it's one or the other.

1320 has limited extra options - the 1320 plus package, convenience & technology groups, etc.

You can't get the T/A, Shaker, or Dynamics packages.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thursday - Dodge corporate emails me an expected delivery date right where I expected it (end of February).
Friday - Dodge closes factory for the rest of January...

https://www.insauga.com/shutdown-leads-to-layoffs-at-chrysler-brampton-assembly-plant

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Thursday - Dodge corporate emails me an expected delivery date right where I expected it (end of February).
Friday - Dodge closes factory for the rest of January...

https://www.insauga.com/shutdown-leads-to-layoffs-at-chrysler-brampton-assembly-plant

View Quote

Keep us informed on any further updates from Dodge.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Keep us informed on any further updates from Dodge.
View Quote

Looks like production is done for the month.
Plenty of vehicles sitting on lots now though.

2020's still have power dollars ($4,850 on a Scat).
2021's have a regular rebate of $3K - which is probably why they're not moving.

Steve White Motors (NC) has one in transit almost identical to the one I ordered, but I'm waiting for power dollars to come back - otherwise I would be demanding my deposit back.
Last year they added the power dollars back on March 4th, hopefully they do the same this year.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#27]
How much of a deposit do they require on a factory order?

The supply chain is still fucked in a lot of industries right now, it is amazing how long it takes for manufacturers to ramp back up. The lack of a reliable work force is undoubtedly effecting productivity.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#28]

The supply chain is still fucked in a lot of industries right now, it is amazing how long it takes for manufacturers to ramp back up. The lack of a reliable work force is undoubtedly effecting productivity.
View Quote

My dealer wanted $1K.
I've heard of other dealers only wanting $500.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#29]
GREAT CAR! Outstanding choice Op Congratulations!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

My dealership will do it for as low as $100 and refundable, as long as it's not a total oddball of options.  Want something like a green car with red interior (if the factory allows that combo), or a manual transmission Compass, etc, we'll ask for a lot more and non-refundable.  

And keep in mind with Challengers and Chargers, some models have to go to third-party upfitters after they leave Brampton (all Widebody, all Shaker, all T/A, all Daytona, all 1320) and the upfitter delay is ridiculous since COVID.  We just got a 1320 customer order in on Friday that was placed in late August...it left the plant in late October, and sat at the upfitter until two weeks ago.  

I will say, if you want a 392 variant, your best bet is still to order, because they don't sit on the lots long, with or without Power Dollars.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#31]

My dealership will do it for as low as $100 and refundable, as long as it's not a total oddball of options.  Want something like a green car with red interior (if the factory allows that combo), or a manual transmission Compass, etc, we'll ask for a lot more and non-refundable.  

And keep in mind with Challengers and Chargers, some models have to go to third-party upfitters after they leave Brampton (all Widebody, all Shaker, all T/A, all Daytona, all 1320) and the upfitter delay is ridiculous since COVID.  We just got a 1320 customer order in on Friday that was placed in late August...it left the plant in late October, and sat at the upfitter until two weeks ago.  

I will say, if you want a 392 variant, your best bet is still to order, because they don't sit on the lots long, with or without Power Dollars.
View Quote

Do you know which upfitter the 1320's go to?
That's what I ordered.

There's a NC dealer that seems to have a steady stream of 1320's, including a 2021 that he has on the lot now.

The dealer near me has about a dozen regular scat packs now & they don't seem to be moving at all since the power dollars are gone (they also have a 2020 left that does have power dollars that isn't moving for some reason).
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Is there a way to search for dealers that currently have a 1320 in stock? Looking for western state dealers.

That "Hellraison" 1320 in NC looks just like what you wanted.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Is there a way to search for dealers that currently have a 1320 in stock? Looking for western state dealers.

That "Hellraison" 1320 in NC looks just like what you wanted.

Thanks
View Quote

I ordered mine with the rear seat & the nav radio - neither of which is a deal breaker for me.
(I originally found that dealer on E-Bay when looking at new Challengers, but I have since found out he has a pretty big internet following. He also ships free anywhere in the US.)

It's not easy to search nationwide inventory.
Best way I found is to go here: https://www.dodge.com/new-inventory.challenger.2020.html
and here: https://www.dodge.com/new-inventory.challenger.2021.html
Put in zip code, change search to 250 miles, Chose "RT Scat Pack" model (1320 is not available on wide body), & choose "1320" (not "1320 plus" unless you want that option added), then use the tab to the right to switch to "exact matches."
This will show you all 1320 in that radius, but some will have more options.
Change zip code as necessary to find what you want.

Keep in mind that the 2020 has a $4,850 rebate until the beginning of February.
The 2021 is almost exactly the same but it's only a $3K rebate, so you're paying $1,850 more just for the model year.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:06:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bosqueboy] [#34]
That's awesome, I will play with it and see if any of the bigger dealers out here in the west have any 1320's in stock.

Thanks again!

ETA: There is a Sinamon 1320 in Phoenix $52k
There are 13 in LA !!! Holy average freeway speed of 15mph Batman!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Do you know which upfitter the 1320's go to?
That's what I ordered.

There's a NC dealer that seems to have a steady stream of 1320's, including a 2021 that he has on the lot now.

The dealer near me has about a dozen regular scat packs now & they don't seem to be moving at all since the power dollars are gone (they also have a 2020 left that does have power dollars that isn't moving for some reason).
View Quote

The upfitter for the 1320 is Ground Effects, LTD and they have two locations, one in Windsor, ON and another in Bolton, ON.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Took ours out today. We don't drive her often - she's kind of a garage queen. It's a hoot to drive, just amazing IMO. There are lots of folks here with lots of nicer cars, that cost lots more money, but honest to God I can't imagine having any bigger of a shit eating ear to ear grin when I drive a car. Counting my blessings.
View Quote

Isn't yours like  a twin turbo or something???

@Butternut
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Hey, no, it's just a Scat Pack Widebody. Even with 305s, it will lay down rubber ribbons if you're not careful (or if ya wanna grin).

I can't even imagine what a Hellcat engine would be like.
View Quote

This asshole will show you;

I bought a new $54k Hellcat just to destroy it
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Ordered mine today,the wait begins. Dealer thinks it will be here in may
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By icecold1:
View Quote

What did you order?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok so mine isn't a challenger, but it's the same platform.

Catch can is a must. Direct injection is the reason. Granted I only have the 5.7 but a mid muffler delete is a good thing. More growl but not obnoxious or horribly loud. No drone with leaving the resonators in. You will however notice the DOD more.

I also put a diablo tune in mine. I've noticed a pretty significant change for the better, especially with the throttle boost.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#45]

I can't even imagine what a Hellcat engine would be like.
View Quote

It feels like the hand of God is shoving you forward
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:

It feels like the hand of God is shoving you forward as Satan is destroying your tires
View Quote

FTFY

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#48]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]

What did you order?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By icecold1:

What did you order?

i ordered a go mango wide body scat pack with shaker hood, summer tires, carbon black rims, srt spoiler, harmon kardon stereo and nappa black seats. put the driver convenience and plus packages along with the auto transmission and navigation upgrade.

was sitting in a black one at the dealer, but just felt the need to go orange.

ill post pics once it arrives and i get the windows tinted.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Hellcat is king of the hill in my mind, do doubt. If I could have afforded it, I woulda got one, without doubt.

I might have posted this before, but here's an interesting article on the gearing for the NA 6.4 compared to the gearing for the SC 6.2.

neat R/T butt dyno article

( https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a25271/fool-your-butt-dyno-for-fun-and-profit/ )

"Despite having 222 fewer horsepower than the Hellcat, the automatic Scat Pack briefly pulls harder in every one of its first five gears than the manual Hellcat does."

"It's the same in every other gear. The Scat Pack briefly accelerates harder and thus feels faster than the Hellcat. But because the Hellcat pulls hard for longer, it's ultimately the faster car."

View Quote

Good article.
Scat is supposedly more fun to drive because it has more low end torque.
Both can blow the tires off so they run a similar 60' time.
You can't really use the Hellcats 717HP (or the Redeye's 797HP, or the Super Stock's 817HP) on the street.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top