Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
Short description ... 2002 Subaru WRX with 800 WHP (as in Wheel Horse Power) when I was a member of NASA.

This is not for a teenager which would kill themselves the 1st week. It is for someone familiar with turning a wrench. Imagine changing the plugs as often as the oil.

It is not turn key. Tho mostly "done", no mistaking that it is a project car. The fuel feed system sucks. Tumbler valves need to be removed. The pneumatic suspension system needs attention and is not operating (a relay needs replaced/burnished).

It has a Tokyo retired 2.5L engine that handles 50psi boost. Quaife front/rear diffs + Tarmac center diff. Straight cut gears w/o syncros in a finicky transmission (currently will *not* shift into reverse. Tuned headers (does not sound like a subie), Jet Hot coated & ThermoTech wrapped, dumping into 3 1/2" exhaust ...

Obviously does not have the stock ECU therefore non operational ODB port. It is replaced with an ECU that gives a 3D map of boost, RPM, etc. with multiple maps. It will not pass inspection in locales that use the ODB port. Walk around inspections, probably? It passed in PA counties that only had walk arounds.

Would anyone have interest in this if I posted it in the Exchange forum? Will not sell for $$ & thinking about an gun related exchange that is legal in CT

Inviting any kind of comment whether personally interested or not. I could post in a subie forum, but I don't think this beast has much $$ value. I have considered my hobby interests and think a gun exchange of some kind is most interesting to me.

Hopefully not crossing the line with the sys ops and maybe should have just posted in the Exchange forum? For now, I just want to test the water for interest as I am motivated to somehow unload this over the top car. It was so fun on the track, refer back to the NASA link at the beginning.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would imagine it would be worth more than a gun trade. Did you have a ballpark figure in trade?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd try a specialty forum and any where else you can get visibility.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Corner-carvers.com/forums

GrassrootsMotorsports

Several others along those lines.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And your racing contacts etc cant find a buyer?

Id probably look at parting it out then trading the shell.
View Quote
Car has been in storage and I have been busy with my business. Probably not hard to re-establish some new racing contacts, but I have moved on & kept the car too long. It is in storage for $125/mo
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Im in pa. What do u have in mind? Pics?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
OP put it on ebay with full disclosure of current state, what it needs, whats been done to it.  post that video and about 20 pics and let it ride.  If you want a certain dollar amount put up a reserve.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
First, it will have to trailered.

It is in storage in Milford, CT. With a new battery, it would probably start, but I advise not until fluids are changed and hoses checked.

The suggestion of putting on ebay is something I have been entertaining. As well as Grassroots Motorsports which is the mag of NASA. There is no bullsh!t here. I have complete build pics and it will make any car enthusiast drool. It was never intended nor even a possibility of being a daily drive. Note the "change the oil and the plugs at the sametime". Changing plugs on these engines requires an articulated attachment and are blind. BUT, there are only 4!

This will require a face to face sale. I don't want to short out the forum safety concerns which I need to look over again. In my minds eye I might have an ulterior motive. The original idea for this build was to get good enough on the track to run One Lap of America. It is not something you do by yourself. The guy that owns SwainTech talked that up to me. I did not buy his product. But I liked his talk.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Might look into RacingJunk.com I've bought and sold several race cars and hot street cars through them. Free basic ads.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at Bring a Trailer. It is an auction site for interesting cars and projects.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Now we are talking .. RacingJunk.com & Bring a Trailer

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is in storage in Milford, CT. With a new battery, it would probably start, but I advise not until fluids are changed and hoses checked.

The suggestion of putting on ebay is something I have been entertaining. As well as Grassroots Motorsports which is the mag of NASA. There is no bullsh!t here. I have complete build pics and it will make any car enthusiast drool. It was never intended nor even a possibility of being a daily drive. Note the "change the oil and the plugs at the sametime". Changing plugs on these engines requires an articulated attachment and are blind. BUT, there are only 4!

This will require a face to face sale. I don't want to short out the forum safety concerns which I need to look over again. In my minds eye I might have an ulterior motive. The original idea for this build was to get good enough on the track to run One Lap of America. It is not something you do by yourself. The guy that owns SwainTech talked that up to me. I did not buy his product. But I liked his talk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ever take it to the drag strip? If so what kind of times did you get with that much hp?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a piece of crap.  

Got any pictures? 
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]
part it out
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
part it out
View Quote
It is the car setup as it is ... 11s car at the strip which would require a cage inside which I was not going to do. I was interested only in road race tracks ... check out the NASA link in 1st post.

IF I had time to part it out, I would have time to drive on the track (NASA). If I had time for the track, I would keep it.

Hopefully this link works for the build pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top