Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2017 11:23:37 AM EDT
Was the Dodge Dakota the only somewhat modern factory rag top pickup made? For some reason I have always wanted a topless pickup. The Dakota's are rare and fetch a pretty hefty price if in decent condition.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Chevy SSR if it counts...
That and the Dakota are about it for factory options.

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The only pickup that I know of is the Dakota. I saw one this summer, first I'd seen in years.

Old Blazers and Broncos aren't pickups, but cool as hell.

There's always an old Kaiser
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of mini truckers chopped off the top in the early 90's, making a removable hard top.

If you want it bad enough, I am sure the info is still around on how to do it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The best of all has not been mentioned

Jeep scrambler

Which is pending reintroduction convertible top n all
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of mini truckers chopped off the top in the early 90's, making a removable hard top.

If you want it bad enough, I am sure the info is still around on how to do it.
View Quote
you I had one BITD..90's nissan hardbody with a Ratical tops convertable kit, you cut the roof off, then remove about 1/4 inch of metal from the roof cut both door window frames, weld the frames to the roof and notch the window channel so you can open the doors with the window up . then epoxy and rivet the abs endcaps onto the roof and windshield frame and in a nutshell you have a convertable truck. disclaimer....I highly reccomend a roll bar because there isnt much holding the windshield up after this.

convertable truck kits
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
You been watching Jason's Lyric bro?

Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
God I love those Jeeps.

I'd love to put a half cab hard top on my -7.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top