Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2017 5:53:48 PM EDT
I've been daily driving a 2007 Mustang since I bought it new, I've always loved the car, but it isn't the most convenient thing to drive. Lately I've been considering a new vehicle, and while I'd prefer a truck there isn't anything that I want that is in my budget. I've always liked the Fusion and the have some great rebates on the '17s right now.

I'm thinking about a Titanium with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine. Not sure about FWD or AWD, but my commute is 34 miles each way (90% interstate) so I'm thinking the increased fuel economy of the FWD my be a better choice.

I've looked at other cars, but there isn't much out there I like, and I can get the A plan on a Ford, so it's unlikely I'd buy something else.

Any experience with the 2.0 Ecoboost in a Fusion, or the 2017 in general?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, reliable cars. Boring to drive though

Maybe look for a Fusion Sport? More power, AWD, etc. MPG isn't affected TOO much. 29 vs 26 highway mpg. This is coming from someone who has DD'd various V8 Mustangs for a decade though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, reliable cars. Boring to drive though

Maybe look for a Fusion Sport? More power, AWD, etc. MPG isn't affected TOO much. 29 vs 26 highway mpg. This is coming from someone who has DD'd various V8 Mustangs for a decade though.
View Quote
I may see if there are any Sport models in my range, a lot of $ for a midsize sedan though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Fusion AWD with the 2.0. Very comfy and practical car. I would get the FWD version but I live in a snowy climate (I've heard the FWD version has lots of torque steer that's absent in the AWD version). It averages 25 MPG with a large percentage of that being interstate (80 mph) and highway (65 mph) speeds. If I slow down to around 60ish it's pretty easy to get 30 mpg. Zero issues so far with 90,000 miles on it so far. It also has plenty of power. I've trailered 2 personal watercraft that weigh almost 2,000 pounds over 10,000 miles and it does great.

The car is completely loaded with every option... don't skip the active cruise control. It's awesome, hands down my favorite feature. I would skip the navigation, parking assist, and lane keeping system if I were to do it again.

Only caveat... they are everywhere and the rental car companies use them; so they lose value fast.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I may see if there are any Soort models in my range, a lot of $ for a midsize sedan though.
View Quote
Back when my buddy was looking he was finding sports for $25-26k
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ex wife drives a Fusion. its been a pretty good car.

Local police use them as admin cars now. I wouldn't buy one just for that reason.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the hybrid.

44 mpg is great in a large car.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Back when my buddy was looking he was finding sports for $25-26k
View Quote
That would be super do-able.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Couple of the sales guys at my office have EB Fusions.  They like them, and the ones who switched from a Taurus to a Fusion say they actually feel like they have more room in the Fusion, thanks to the stupid-wide console in the Taurus.

26-27 around town, low 30s cruising on the highway, plenty of power.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking at the Sport, I really hate the interior. That may be a deal killer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get the hybrid.

44 mpg is great in a large car.
View Quote
Don't know how much they've changed in the past few years, but the Fusion Hybrid we rented a few years ago had a pitifully tiny trunk. The shelf over the rear axle really killed the usable trunk space.

Other than that, I loved the car. Nice interior for a domestic car with very comfortable seats. Rode nice, handled well, and looked pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 2013 titanium AWD 2.0 ecoboost I traded in a Audi A3 for it. I love the car, handles great, sporty look and 25mpg with AWD.. With the all seasons it does very well in the snow, I out the Blizzaks on all 4 corners and it is AWSOME. I do 124 mile a day round trip mon-fri, currently have 85K on the clock. It has had a few small recalls, BUT has not broke down on me or left me stranded. I honestly would not hesitate to buy another one, But I do think my next vehicle is going back to a 1/2 ton truck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Coming from the mustang the small trunk in the hybrid shouldn't be a problem if your mustang wasn't an issue. The hybrid is amazing and you will love the mileage. I have two Honda accord hybrids, a Toyota Avalon hybrid, a Audi A5 sportback and a porsche boxster. Get the hybrid. They are amazing cars
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
bought the wife a 2017 ecoboost mustang test drive one of those they're awesome insurance is really cheap tooAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
bought the wife a 2017 ecoboost mustang test drive one of those they're awesome insurance is really cheap toohttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389151/Screenshot_20171012-224640-332047.JPG
View Quote
That's really nice, I keep looking at them, but I really don't need another Mustang.

Want one though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's really nice, I keep looking at them, but I really don't need another Mustang.

Want one though.
View Quote
2018s are right around the corner they'll start blowing them out soon dooo eeet  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top