Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 2:34:35 PM EDT
Anyone have a source for Klim riding gear that's NOT in anorexic sizes?  

I looked at Klim's web site, they make them in a 45" waist-30" inseam, I just can't find them via google.  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You may want to give cyclegear a call.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Klim has great Black Friday deals too. I got a Badlands jacket for 50% off last year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Revzilla.com
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may want to give cyclegear a call.
View Quote
Where are they located, please?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Revzilla.com
View Quote
Checked their web site, nada in my size.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where are they located, please?
View Quote
There is a store in Memphis on Summer, but they are online as well.  They may be able to order what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Cycle Gear is now owned by RevZilla so their sourcing may be the same.

Try eBay and also Google international dealers.  I got My Sidi Adventure 2 boots from England for $100 less than I could domestically.  I also got my Daytona Evo Voltex GTX from Germany for less than Daytona Strive GTX from the States.

I have some Klim gloves but I'm more of an Aerostich guy so I can't really help you more than that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not married to Klim, I just can't find the better riding pants in a size above 42" waist.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure what style of pants your looking for but I have a couple of pair of REV'IT pants, I'm happy with them, good fit and features for their price point, they come in tall and short sizes as well.
REV'IT! Tornado 2 Pants

REV'IT! Sand 3 Pants

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not sure what style of pants your looking for but I have a couple of pair of REV'IT pants, I'm happy with them, good fit and features for their price point, they come in tall and short sizes as well.
REV'IT! Tornado 2 Pants

REV'IT! Sand 3 Pants

View Quote
You, sir, are my new hero! Thanks for the links!  

Would you by chance know the difference between the two pants you linked to? Other than the pockets, I didn't notice much difference.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Klim (like many other gear manufacturers) does not make XXXL or Husky or fat-assed sizes in their riding gear.
I called Klim and was told that there is not enough of a market for "plus sized" riding gear.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope the Rev'It pants are of a better quality than their gloves.
I bought a pair of gloves from them, in less than 200 miles they had split their seams.
I was sent a replacement pair, they too split their seams in less than 200 miles.
They did stand behind their product and refunded me my money (including shipping).
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Revit is good to go.

I'm a Dainese guy but what I have seen or tried on by Revit looks/feels great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
REV'IT! Tornado 2 Pants

REV'IT! Sand 3 Pants
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
REV'IT! Tornado 2 Pants

REV'IT! Sand 3 Pants
The pressure on the kneecaps from the armor pads created a very uncomfortable riding experience. The pant length was perfect. The armor pads sat on my knees exactly where they should, but the seated riding position combined with the inflexibility of proper riding textiles created an unbearable situation. I was forced to remove them after my first gas stop or give up walking for good.
Reviews don't sound too good...........  
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Check out Motoport or Aerostich pants, depending on what you are looking for. Both are US brands that have the option of being repaired as needed. Motoport is 100% custom made to your measurements and Aerostich has custom options like shorter or longer inseam, etc. Both are pricey, but so is Klim.

Motoport is awesome if you are looking for warm to hot weather gear, particularly in dry weather. It also works in the cold and wet if you're willing to layer. But the armor coverage is huge and it is very abrasion resistant. The Kevlar mesh is great for warm to hot weather. The Kevlar stretch works great in cool to warm weather. The stretch also is good for long rides in really hot weather so you don't get dehydrated.

Aerostich uses Goretex, which is great for wet, cool weather. But is hot in warm weather. I only use my Aerostich Darien about a month a year. But I'm in Phoenix, so warm weather gear makes more sense for me. Hence the Motoport gear.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Motosport looks to be good stuff. Lifetime warranty too.

Thanks for the info, sir.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered some Olympia riding pants today. Thanks to all who offered advice & opinions.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#18]
i have Olympia coat and pants. Heck, winter gloves too.
I just flat out love their gear and customer service is fantastic as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top