Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2017 3:00:49 PM EDT
Neighbor Haters or Mini Grenades?

But seriously, I've been contemplating some upgrades, with a torque cam likely in the future, but first things first.

Bike is a 2017 Road Kang. I believe I'm going with an FP3 and one of the regular high flow air cleaner kits from HD. Don't really like the looks of the heavy breather or eliminator models.

Which leaves me with exhaust. Vance and Hines Hi Output slip ons look nice. Anything else that I should be looking at? What are you guys using?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Rush racing and rinehart
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Rich Products
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If you go with vance and hines spend the money for the quiet baffles.

Put short shots on my sportster and could set off car alarms at half throttle.  Bit much.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Rush with the 2" baffles.  Deep tone and not obnoxiously loud.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, watched some videos of the Big Louies. Sounds pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
How about a Dirty Bird Customs LMF pipe? Kinda looks cool like a header collector on automobiles.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I went with thunderheader 2-1 long style black for my 2014 street glide, also added a vance and hines fuel pack 3, and crusher street sleeper III air filter kit.

I get many compliments on the look and sound of the exhaust. Can be ear deafening loud when you really get on it, but also not bad sounding or very loud at all if you just ride normal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I run the stock pipes on my 1980 Suzuki.  Never had anybody hit me yet.  Old HD riding buddy rode it a while back with his little beanie helmet on and said he couldn't hear the engine

Fast, nimble and quiet beats fat, slow and loud everytime but you boys carry on.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#9]
RB Racing LSR Black Hole 2-into-1 is about as good as it gets for quiet power.  Be warned, you will pay a lot of money to get one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:31:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run the stock pipes on my 1980 Suzuki.  Never had anybody hit me yet.  Old HD riding buddy rode it a while back with his little beanie helmet on and said he couldn't hear the engine

Fast, nimble and quiet beats fat, slow and loud everytime but you boys carry on.  
View Quote
Thanks for stopping by to tell us how much better than us you are.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I have some Vance and Hines slip ons. They're too loud for my tastes, supposedly the quiet baffles are a nice inbetween, I haven't picked em up yet. 
I do ride a bit over an hour each way to work and without some ear plugs my ears ring. It's no fun. Briefly riding around town they're fun occasionally. I do feel bad coming home late on it though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#12]
The 3" Hard Krome pipes I had where way too loud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top