Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 1:28:52 PM EDT
Enterprise Rental Car put me in an Infiniti QX50 3.0T for about 90 bucks a day last/this week.  Drove it a couple of days- nice car.  Drove it around New Orleans like an old man.

HOLY SHIT!!!!  Second day I'm going up a long interstate on-ramp and some jackass is crowding my ass in his Raptor bro dozer.  I stepped on the gas and HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!  I don't know if I've ever driven anything that accelerates like that.

Later I googled it and apparently it has a 400 HP twin turbo V6.  I spent the next few days flooring it while cruising the interstate and giggling like a schoolgirl when it went from 75 to 100 in about one second or 60-100 in about 2.5 seconds.  I may just rent one of these occasionally for shits and giggles.

Definitely on the lookout for a used one at a good price, even though I have zero need for it.  Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking at a 370z right now myself and slapping a twin turbo setup on it. My buddy has the standard q50 and its stupid quick without the turbo
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure I shocked the shit out of several folks the last few days.  I've driven Shelby GT350, Olds 442, Buick GS, Corvettes, Dodge 440 Interceptors and a lot of bikes.  Thought they were fast.  Nope.  This sucker was impressive.  It's more impressive after it's up to speed and the turbos are already pumping than down low.  Lag was nonexistent after it's rolling along and only takes about a second to scream at low speeds.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah man, I had the Nissan version of that chassis with the 5.6l V8 for a week on travel, and WOW IT COULD MOVE.

Not only that, but it'll tow 8k according to the book, so, uh, lol, probably 14k gross with better tires?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Turbos make torque, torque is a drug. 

Once you get a taste you always want it, and you'll never have enough. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah man, I had the Nissan version of that chassis with the 5.6l V8 for a week on travel, and WOW IT COULD MOVE.

Not only that, but it'll tow 8k according to the book, so, uh, lol, probably 14k gross with better tires?
View Quote
Drinking?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Enterprise Rental Car put me in an Infiniti QX50 3.0T for about 90 bucks a day last/this week.  Drove it a couple of days- nice car.  Drove it around New Orleans like an old man.

HOLY SHIT!!!!  Second day I'm going up a long interstate on-ramp and some jackass is crowding my ass in his Raptor bro dozer.  I stepped on the gas and HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!  I don't know if I've ever driven anything that accelerates like that.

Later I googled it and apparently it has a 400 HP twin turbo V6.  I spent the next few days flooring it while cruising the interstate and giggling like a schoolgirl when it went from 75 to 100 in about one second or 60-100 in about 2.5 seconds.  I may just rent one of these occasionally for shits and giggles.

Definitely on the lookout for a used one at a good price, even though I have zero need for it.  Highly recommend.
View Quote

I'm thinking you were probably in a Q50 (sedan) and not a QX50 (crossover SUV) - AND the models the rental companies have are the 300hp version.  The 400hp version is the Q50 Redsport 400 which comes in at a considerably higher price point.

However, I too had a Q50 rental recently and fell in love the with car.  Great power, handled well, drove nice.  The Redsport 400 model would just add icing to the cake.  As would be suspected due to the parent company being Nissan, many of the controls, knobs, stalks, etc..., were very similar to my GT-R.

Dan.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#7]
How many speed transmission?

If it is an 8spd then yeah...

They will get up and move with a fair amount of torque/hp.

Look at what they are claiming for the new Mustang GT with 10spd auto.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
OP: Been here since 2003. Had ONE job. Failed.

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my 15 Q50. It's the 3.7 not the 3.0t, but it's still awesome to drive.

Check into certified pre owned. I got mine for 27 and some change a year and a half ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm looking at a 370z right now myself and slapping a twin turbo setup on it. My buddy has the standard q50 and its stupid quick without the turbo
View Quote
I've got cash set aside to see if the new Supra lives up to the hype. If it doesn't I'm driving my Z out to ATL and having Z1 Motorsports boost it. 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry man.  I'll go sit in the corner a while.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm thinking you were probably in a Q50 (sedan) and not a QX50 (crossover SUV) - AND the models the rental companies have are the 300hp version.  The 400hp version is the Q50 Redsport 400 which comes in at a considerably higher price point.

However, I too had a Q50 rental recently and fell in love the with car.  Great power, handled well, drove nice.  The Redsport 400 model would just add icing to the cake.  As would be suspected due to the parent company being Nissan, many of the controls, knobs, stalks, etc..., were very similar to my GT-R.

Dan.
View Quote
Thank you...I was confused by this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a new Q50 with the 3.0t is $39,000 to start, with a claimed 300HP.  The twin turbo is just over $50,000.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3.0t is actually a bit more powerful then they claim. Heck, the 2.0t in the Subaru WRX makes 280 hp.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]
How is the quality on the Infiniti’s? I’m looking at a QX80 and am used to Lexus quality.

Do they hold up better than Nissans?

TC
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How is the quality on the Infiniti's? I'm looking at a QX80 and am used to Lexus quality.

Do they hold up better than Nissans?

TC
View Quote
Wife has a 2012 m37x bought new about 60k on odo now    nothing has failed car still works as new still feels tight does not burn oil overall a great car

one thing of note her car was built in japan
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks nyrifle.

TC
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've got cash set aside to see if the new Supra lives up to the hype. If it doesn't I'm driving my Z out to ATL and having Z1 Motorsports boost it.
View Quote
I'm impatiently waiting for the new Supra to hit the market also. I hope Toyota takes it in the right direction. I miss my 94 TT 6SP dearly.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
You've never been in a 350whp car before?
Those things are heavy also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top