BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and it still stinks bad, but mostly like febreeze.

I think birfs are ok, but brakes are shit. Ordered the axle rebuild kit. Need to get rotors and pads and do it all at once.
View Quote
The front axle rebuild is a pain in the ass. Make sure you have a 54mm socket.  Plenty of shop rags too, it’s a mess. Each knuckle needs about a tube and a half of grease so stock up before you start.

Rotors are expensive as shit, and yes you want to do it all at once. You can use oem 100 series Toyota pads with a little tweaking.

I recommend oem Toyota parts for things that matter. Intake tube, throttle cable, oil pump gasket, front main seal, distributor o ring, valve cover gasket and seals. That’ll stop most leaks, then you get to reseal the two oil pans, a royal pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good score dude!

Might want to check to see if the sunroof leaks
View Quote
They pretty much never do unless the drains are clogged, which they always are. Cleaning them out with weedeater line is a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good score dude!

View Quote
I don't believe it does. My 4runner does tho :( down the driver side column. I ran about 6 ft of weedeater line down the drain tube recently, hope that fixed it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]
As stated your new life shoukd be at ih8mud they will know everything!  

I have an FJ running like brand new at 120k miles because they told me what to do.  

Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They pretty much never do unless the drains are clogged, which they always are. Cleaning them out with weedeater line is a piece of cake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good score dude!

I'll have to try that, I tried wire and only made it 3 feet or so.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top