Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 41 of 60)
Page / 60
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

My experience with the Lubelocker gasket shown above is that it is many times more expensive than RTV, and worth every penny if you're doing the next fluid change.
View Quote

I agree, but I'm currently without one in the rear. I paid someone to do the oil, and they RTV'ed the gasket. Next shop couldn't save it and didn't have one in stock, so I'm RTV'ed again.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Looking DAMN good!

I might be able to make it up to TN for a Jeeping trip this summer. If so, we should hit some trails!

My Gamechanger 3.5 is going on now
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Looking DAMN good!

I might be able to make it up to TN for a Jeeping trip this summer. If so, we should hit some trails!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Looking DAMN good!

For sure!

I bet you are excited. Any changes to tires or just suspension?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#5]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

For sure!

I bet you are excited. Any changes to tires or just suspension?
View Quote

Don't know if I had changed since we talked, but I've got 35 Patagonias, for all the good they did us in Windrock.

I'll be keeping these until they're done, then probably going back to a 35 AT

This past weekend in Hardrock in Ocala, FL. Closest thing we have to rocks down here

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]

The perfect Jeep dimensions.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Don't know if I had changed since we talked, but I've got 35 Patagonias, for all the good they did us in Windrock.

This past weekend in Hardrock in Ocala, FL. Closest thing we have to rocks down here

https://i.ibb.co/r455J2r/received-270969724742698.jpg

View All Quotes

https://i.ibb.co/r455J2r/received-270969724742698.jpg

Nice!

I'm going to try and hit a few spots around the state over the next couple of months.

Originally Posted By omar:

The perfect Jeep dimensions.

Agree, it has the same panache as the Land Cruisers and Defenders of old.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:27:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:31:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#9]
Bad ass!

I may be doing a trip to Stoney Lonesome at Cullman, AL, come summer. If you're interested, I'll coordinate with you
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad ass!

I may be doing a trip to Stoney Lonesome at Cullman, AL, come summer. If you're interested, I'll coordinate with you
View Quote

yes, let me know as Cullman is about 2 hours from me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:23:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#12]
17 JK is back from having the Metalcloak Gamechanger 3.5 installed.

Gained between 1.5 and 2.25 inches at each fender over the Teraflex 2.5. The ride is immensely better. The guy installing the lift for me said that he could tell during installation that the new springs were longer, but softer.

I'm 6'3, and entering the vehicle is almost to the point of being difficult. I'm almost wishing I'd gone with the 2.5 over the 3.5. Washed it last night, and hopefully I can get a pic or two once the sun's up and before I go to bed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Before:

After:

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Nice as hell!  MC is great stuff!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Outstanding!

--

Hit the dirt devil this morning, 53 mile loop of this. Splendid TN morning.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MikeEIB:
Thanks, I'm thinking this hobby is going to be a tad more expensive than guns. I noticed the muffler is huge and ugly, so I just ordered a new Injen exhaust. Then ordered an AEV Pro Cal. Windows are being tinted later this week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50102/Screen_Shot_2021-04-11_at_9_11_15_PM_png-1901586.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeEIB:
Originally Posted By 217:

That is awesome!
Thanks, I'm thinking this hobby is going to be a tad more expensive than guns. I noticed the muffler is huge and ugly, so I just ordered a new Injen exhaust. Then ordered an AEV Pro Cal. Windows are being tinted later this week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50102/Screen_Shot_2021-04-11_at_9_11_15_PM_png-1901586.JPG

That’s BADASS
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]

That looks like a shitload of fun on a beautiful day. We're leading our Jeep club down to the beach tomorrow, but Ms. Gorilla insists on taking hers, so I'll probably just leave mine parked
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#20]

That looks like a shitload of fun on a beautiful day. We're leading our Jeep club down to the beach tomorrow, but Ms. Gorilla insists on taking hers, so I'll probably just leave mine parked
View All Quotes

It was a lot more fun before the county did its "grade the chirt every 5 years".

The recent flooding actually made some entrances / exits pretty wild, once entry was a good 3' ledge down - not sure how you would get up coming the other way.

The two best tracks on this "region" of the DD were completely washed out and you couldn't make it more than 200-300 yards down. Each of these are both 10+ mi under normal conditions. One also has the only technical hill climbs and was disappointed I didn't get to run up it. Had a blast doing it last fall in the 4Runner.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#22]
My wife just got this 2015.

Before:
Attachment Attached File

After:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#23]
In progress with my 95 YJ. 4" Zone lift with 33" Dick Cepek tires. Had to quit for the day to go to work so this is how it sits for now. Hoping to finish it up this week. Will need a regear before I take it on the trails at the Bantam Jeep fest.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ginger-mech:
In progress with my 95 YJ. 4" Zone lift with 33" Dick Cepek tires. Had to quit for the day to go to work so this is how it sits for now. Hoping to finish it up this week. Will need a regear before I take it on the trails at the Bantam Jeep fest.
https://i.imgur.com/cI0nqZq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pqpgtZ5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/G0aru8g.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Put new tires on the Jeep.  Getting ready for TN Trail Jam.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Finally got around to editing the vids from the Windrock trip

Bear in mind, this is nothing close to the best Windrock has, this is simply some of the best video we caught

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice... we are heading out Windrock in July... I'm ready.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Bear in mind, this is nothing close to the best Windrock has, this is simply some of the best video we caught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTr58TXzRWc
View Quote

Screw all that muddy mess, lol.  In 1 more week I'm starting my annual trek to Colorado and Utah.  Many of the trails in Colorado will still be closed, but right now IDGAF.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vanilla_gorilla] [#29]
Originally Posted By Seth_Livzz:

Screw all that muddy mess, lol.  In 1 more week I'm starting my annual trek to Colorado and Utah.  Many of the trails in Colorado will still be closed, but right now IDGAF.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seth_Livzz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTr58TXzRWc

Two good friends did a late summer/early fall trip to Colorado a few years back. There was some sort of freak snow storm and they were stuck in Ouray oe Tellruide (can't remember which) for 3 days, couldn't go trail riding and couldn't leave
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:
Nice... we are heading out Windrock in July... I'm ready.....
View Quote

Trail 83 is not that tough a trail, but it's steep and a lot of fun. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Very rocky on the climb, then you basically circle the top of the mountain before G33 takes you back down. G33 is an only access trail, but it's the one in the vid where I slid sideways into a rut nearly as deep as I am tall
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally got the lift finished. 33's and 4" lift. Had to do some welding to fix four busted skid plate threadserts. Next up are swaybar links, gears and SYE.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:04:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ef4life] [#32]
Finally got the lift finished. 33's and 4" lift. Had to do some welding to fix four busted skid plate threadserts. Next up are swaybar links, gears and SYE.
https://i.imgur.com/ievT0sf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/RnUjMnL.jpg
View Quote

Looks good, but don’t waste any money on a d35 rear axle. Get a Ford 8.8 and never look back. Even a Chrysler 8.25 from an xj would be a decent cheap swap but more limited in gear/locker choices.

And if your d30 front has the vacuum disconnect while not horrible when you get the solid shaft and remove the disconnect, but an xj high pinion d30 is a nice upgrade.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:

Looks good, but don’t waste any money on a d35 rear axle. Get a Ford 8.8 and never look back. Even a Chrysler 8.25 from an xj would be a decent cheap swap but more limited in gear/locker choices.

And if your d30 front has the vacuum disconnect while not horrible when you get the solid shaft and remove the disconnect, but an xj high pinion d30 is a nice upgrade.
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/ievT0sf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/RnUjMnL.jpg

The best thing about the 8.8 is rear disc brakes a must have here in muddy Mi .
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#34]
First time with the top off this weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Was an absolutely GORGEOUS weekend in North Florida!

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Is this my best option for a soft top?  

Bestop
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
Is this my best option for a soft top?  

Bestop
View Quote

A few questions... (I am assuming JK because of the top linked)

Do you already have a soft top, and are looking for a replacement? Or do you have a hard top?

Are you looking to use it all the time, or part time?

If you already have a soft top; then you want replacement fabric and to keep the existing frame. If you don't, then you'll need one with a frame, and you'll also need door surrounds and a tailgate bar.

If you are coming from a Hard top; and looking to use it a lot/most of the time - then honestly, one of the best things to do is find someone on Craigslist/offerup/FB Marketplace/etc who got dual tops and is looking to dump their soft top. They'll have everything you need.

If you are just looking for a soft top for certain parts of the year... then I'm going to suggest going with a frameless top. You'll still need the door surrounds & tailgate bar, as well as a header bar, but there's no frame (it uses the roll bars) and they pack up MUCH lighter. I have run a rampage frameless for years on my TJ, and I heartily recommend it. (I just got a OE TJ Hard Top, which is on it now, but the Rampage rolled up and stored very compactly). One nice thing about the Rampage is that it comes with a window storage bag, that separates the windows - keeping them from scratching - and also allows you to store the windows in the top when the top is used as a Safari.

For a JK, this is the top: https://www.quadratec.com/products/11119_1335_07.htm

You'll note you also save a shitton of money, for what is, IMO, a better product especially for the part-time soft top person.

I have run, kinda in this order:
-OE Soft top
-Safari/Tonneau/Windjammer
-Rampage frameless
-OE Hard top

The Rampage was probably the quietest of the 3 soft top setups. It's noise largely comes from the header bar connection, the rest of the top is more streamlined and quieter. The Safari and windjammer combo was by far the loudest.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Jk 2 door
Mostly just summer
I have a hard top

Few ppl have recommended the top in my link.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Jk 2 door
Mostly just summer
I have a hard top

Few ppl have recommended the top in my link.
View Quote

I'd take a hard look at that Rampage, or other frameless tops. I really think they're ideal as a part time top.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

I'd take a hard look at that Rampage, or other frameless tops. I really think they're ideal as a part time top.
View Quote

Id assume leaving a soft top on here during our winters is not a good idea?  

Ive been out of the jeep scene since 98.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

There is nothing wrong with soft tops in winter it’s all I’ve ever had, but the windows become brittle when frozen and can crack when you try and get snow off, It’s best to let it warm up for a bit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And I just bought another LJ. Plan to go 40’s, Coilovers and an LS, among other things

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#43]

There is nothing wrong with soft tops in winter it’s all I’ve ever had, but the windows become brittle when frozen and can crack when you try and get snow off, It’s best to let it warm up for a bit.
View All Quotes

I'll be the second Arizona guy to say that it's no big deal.

Mine hasn't experienced much heavy snow, though. I don't know how they hold up to a foot of snow on the top.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#44]

I'll be the second Arizona guy to say that it's no big deal.

Mine hasn't experienced much heavy snow, though. I don't know how they hold up to a foot of snow on the top.
View Quote

I grew up back east in Michigan, my jeeps been in plenty of snow. 2004 and still on the original soft top, though it’s getting pretty rough.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#45]
ordered the bestop nx glide.  figured id better go with a framed soft top if i decide to leave it on year round.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Considering Aussie lockers front and rear in my 98 xj.

Seems to be the major limiting factor right now.

4.5 inch
Drop control arms
Sye
33x12.5
No sway bars
These first two pics i couldn't go any further up because it would just loose traction. This is a reoccurring issue.
Also, need to figure out my bump stop situation.

20210504_155125 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

20210504_155148 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

20210505_144806 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" />

Short list is
Lockers
winch bumper
Winch
New 4.5 front springs (current is 2.5 springs with 2 inch spacer)
Snorkel (because shit happens)
Rear shackle relocation
Other stuff i cant remember
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
Considering Aussie lockers front and rear in my 98 xj.

Seems to be the major limiting factor right now.

4.5 inch
Drop control arms
Sye
33x12.5
No sway bars
These first two pics i couldn't go any further up because it would just loose traction. This is a reoccurring issue.
Also, need to figure out my bump stop situation.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51202033180_e03e198168_k.jpg20210504_155125 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51202033180_e03e198168_k.jpg20210504_155125 by brandon hobock, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51201173298_e56e743b13_k.jpg20210504_155148 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51201173298_e56e743b13_k.jpg20210504_155148 by brandon hobock, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51201173123_db1575f5a0_k.jpg20210505_144806 by brandon hobock, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51201173123_db1575f5a0_k.jpg20210505_144806 by brandon hobock, on Flickr

Short list is
Lockers
winch bumper
Winch
New 4.5 front springs (current is 2.5 springs with 2 inch spacer)
Snorkel (because shit happens)
Rear shackle relocation
Other stuff i cant remember
View Quote

If you are going to do an Aussie, do it in the front. Don't do a Lunchbox in the rear; they just really don't handle well. At least in the front, it's not going to do anything in 2WD. (If you have Selec-Trac with the full-time 4WD... I'd steer away up front, too, if you want to use it.)
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#48]

If you are going to do an Aussie, do it in the front. Don't do a Lunchbox in the rear; they just really don't handle well. At least in the front, it's not going to do anything in 2WD. (If you have Selec-Trac with the full-time 4WD... I'd steer away up front, too, if you want to use it.)
View Quote

Comparable to a welded? Or is it better, like if im driving normal its not going to chirp the tires? Ive driven welded daily before
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Comparable to a welded? Or is it better, like if im driving normal its not going to chirp the tires? Ive driven welded daily before
View All Quotes

WAY better than Welded. But it's going to click, and not always unlock the way you'd like it to.

I'm a member of the ARB Master Race, so maybe I'm a bit harsh. (We also have snow in the mountains...)
Page / 60
Tacked Jeep Pics - Let's see em! (Page 41 of 60)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top