Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 11:55:54 AM EDT
So i just pour the acid in, cap it, and charge it? Because that is what I did I hope I'm right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:28:48 PM EDT
It didn't come with instructions?
Make sure you connect the overflow tube or you will be sporting some fucked up chrome and a rusty frame.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:37:41 PM EDT
I think you were also suppoesed to wait 45min-1hr before putting the cap over the acid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:24:26 PM EDT
put acid in, let it sit for maybe 20 mins until it stops boiling. No need to charge it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:32:01 PM EDT
I've been using maintenance free batteries for the last few years, but I thought the instructions for wet batteries said to put in the acid, leave the caps off and charge at 1/10 the capacity of the battery (ie. 2 amps for a 20 amp battery) for a certain number of hours.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:35:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By k12lts:
I've been using maintenance free batteries for the last few years, but I thought the instructions for wet batteries said to put in the acid, leave the caps off and charge at 1/10 the capacity of the battery (ie. 2 amps for a 20 amp battery) for a certain number of hours.

They say charge but it isnt nessesary.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:44:42 AM EDT
My next MC battery will be a sealed unit.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:18:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By chop13chop:

If you don't charge it, it won't last as long...... it IS better to charge a new battery.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:06:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RichBaker:
Originally Posted By chop13chop:

If you don't charge it, it won't last as long...... it IS better to charge a new battery.

I did throw it in the charger immediately after i poured the acid and capped it, it was only on the charge about an hour because the charger has a gauge on it which read full, after that i installed it and didn't ride the bike until the next day, and everything went fine.
Top Top