Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 1:24:59 PM EDT
CEL on. Butt dyno says car is running fine.
Using a scanguage II
2007 Impala 3.5 engine, seems to be a oddball GM thing.
Nothing valid in my service manual
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a code that says that there is a code, but the scan tool you have either is not equipped with the correct communications protocol, or that the code itself does not make sense to the scan tool. In other words, you need a better/more powerful/more up-to-date scan tool.

Edit: We get those all the time in the Euro car world - the cheaper scanners will make up a code like P0AAA, or the like, the better ones will say "manufacturer specific code".
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's a code that says that there is a code, but the scan tool you have either is not equipped with the correct communications protocol, or that the code itself does not make sense to the scan tool. In other words, you need a better/more powerful/more up-to-date scan tool.

Edit: We get those all the time in the Euro car world - the cheaper scanners will make up a code like P0AAA, or the like, the better ones will say "manufacturer specific code".

kinda like a very expensive thing only the dealership would have?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try a local shop with a newer scanner, like a Snap-On Verus.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try a local shop with a newer scanner, like a Snap-On Verus.

Since you got that scan tool you are such a scan tool snob.  I only say that out of jealousy of course.

To the OP: You wouldnt need anything quite that major but a decent up to date scan tool should do you well.  I think mine would pull that and it is not quite as new as Toiyabe66's new toy.  I would say odds are its a code that says there is a code in one of the other computers besides the ECU.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a Body controller code, and manufacturer specific. You need a smarter scan tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top