Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2010 7:21:34 AM EDT
I am looking for new tires on my 2002 FX4 f150. I have MT 33" MTZ on her now but dont do as much mudding as i used to.

I am looking for a good A/T tire that i can get good gas milage with not to load but can still handle off road a bit. would also like them to look rough.

ones i have in mind are:
Cooper leon
MT ATZ
Wrangler Silent Armor
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
BF Goodrich All terrain.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#2]
BFG all terrain, nitto terra grapplers, or toyo open country are all pretty good
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BFG all terrain, nitto terra grapplers, or toyo open country are all pretty good

Check, check and check.

FWIW, in my experience working in the industry, and as a fullsize truck owner...

Toyo's wear and balance best.
Nitto's are the most affordable and offer most consistent traction.
BFG's wear like iron, are tough as nails, offer great traction in most conditions and really earned their rep.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are on the more aggressive side of the AT spectrum, but are excellent on road. I love mine, although they are new. Off road they excel. On road they aren't too loud, handle well, and do well in rain. I won't be able to give an opinion on treadwear until I have a lot more miles on them.

Did I mention they do well off road?

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have BFG All Terrains.. the firestone Mud terrain tires look tough, but they absolutly suck on wet pavement.

ETA- In in true squatdog fashion.. they can take a "full power shot". This was from Chevy S-10 doing about 50mph

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Toyo Open Country AT, the best AT I've ran  on my Jeep. I've had BFG AT's, Mastercraft Courser AT's, and Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor (junk).

I had 2 Silent Armors blow out sidewalls in less than 6 months. Overall they lasted less than 30k miles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
i am now between the Toyo and the coopers.

decissions decissions
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BF Goodrich All terrain.

Have not found a better A/T tire than these.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
went with Toyo Open country 265/70/17 all 4 shipped for $554
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Agreed!  He just named the TOP 3 as far as A/T truck tires go.. Don't even consider anything other than what he mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
went with Toyo Open country 265/70/17 all 4 shipped for $554

Where'd you buy them?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
BF Goodrich ATKO

Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II

I have had both tires, and both were excellent.  The Revo's lasted me over 50,000 mi.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
My Nitto Terra Grapplers have lasted longer than my friends BFG's and I got them for about $200 cheaper than them as well.  

The one thing that really surprises me about them is how well they do in the rain and streets full of puddles.  I ran 85mph for about 150miles one night in the pouring rain. (windshield wipers on high) and the truck just seemed to be stuck to the road.

I highly recommend the Nitto's.  Heck, I haven't even rotated them yet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Pro Comp Xtreme AT's...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]

I like my BFG AT KO's though at 35x12.5x15 inches they float a bit in the rain at higher speeds.  Seem to be hardly wearing at all, and have had great traction in the mountains and on sand.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am looking for new tires on my 2002 FX4 f150. I have MT 33" MTZ on her now but dont do as much mudding as i used to.

I am looking for a good A/T tire that i can get good gas milage with not to load but can still handle off road a bit. would also like them to look rough.

ones i have in mind are:
Cooper leon
MT ATZ
Wrangler Silent Armor

Cooper Discoverer radial LT

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BF Goodrich All terrain.

Have not found a better A/T tire than these.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo II.

+1 I've had these on my Jeep TJ for a year now. I love them. I had Goodyear's on right before the Duelers. They were crap!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#20]
So..where can you get the best deals on BFG a/ts? cheapest place i could find was tirerack..
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So..where can you get the best deals on BFG a/ts? cheapest place i could find was tirerack..

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

They will beat any price you can provide them with and offer free shipping. That's how I got my Duratracs pictured above.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will beat any price you can provide them with and offer free shipping. That's how I got my Duratracs pictured above.

I like those wranglers too..They look pretty aggressive and I like that but..i know BFG A/Ts wear like iron on the pavement..how are those holding up to pavement?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I like those wranglers too..They look pretty aggressive and I like that but..i know BFG A/Ts wear like iron on the pavement..how are those holding up to pavement?

Just fine. Only have about 5K miles on them but they look  excellent.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I've put about 20k on Nitto Trail(not Terra) Grapplers since last fall under a F250 diesel.  I've rotated them once, very good, even treadwear.  The lugs are just starting to show any wear at all.  They do whine a bit on the highway, but not noticably over the diesel noise.  They grip really well in mud and don't sink excessivly in sand.  I'm estimating I'll get 50k out of these, and will probably buy them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top